The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: May 2013

Does any Android with a physical keyboard exist?

What are other(non-android) options with a QWERTY keypad under 15-16k?

lr7745

Broken In

Xolo A800, which isn't in the list btw, has got a 4.2 update, as reported here

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Xolo A800, which isn't in the list btw, has got a 4.2 update, as reported here

XOLO is kicking some serious ass. Android 4.2 on 2 midrange mobiles when the current leader Micromax is still shipping Android 4.0 or 4.1

lr7745

Broken In

XOLO is kicking some serious ass. Android 4.2 on 2 midrange mobiles when the current leader Micromax is still shipping Android 4.0 or 4.1

They'd be kicking even more ass if they managed to improve their ASS...

a-raam

Journeyman

+1
Avoid seller warranty at all costs

what about the galaxy s2 plus or the xperia l ? which one would everyone recommend ? and what are their best prices on flipkart?

Limitless

Journeyman

u forgot to add nexus 4 :D
Nexus 4 - Buy Nexus 4 Black Online at Best Prices in India - LG: Flipkart.com

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

what about the galaxy s2 plus or the xperia l ? which one would everyone recommend ? and what are their best prices on flipkart?

no to S2 Plus. it is no where near the legendary S2. instead go for Xperia Ion for same price. And Xperia L is a odd device: you get fastest processor on a sub 20k mobile but display is not the best (Alcatel Ultra & LG L9 are easily better), camera is not upto the mark (Grand beats it) & battery backup is low (again L9 beats it). compare the points and decide.

Kiss

Journeyman

And Xperia L is a odd device: you get fastest processor on a sub 20k mobile but display is not the best (Alcatel Ultra & LG L9 are easily better)

Sam would you please elaborate how does L9 display stands out compared to L... is it cause qhd of L9 vs FWVGA of L?? or there are some other reasons...??

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sam would you please elaborate how does L9 display stands out compared to L... is it cause qhd of L9 vs FWVGA of L?? or there are some other reasons...??

L9 has better display + resolution, battery vs XL having a faster processor + GPU. L9's proccy is no snail but XL's processor is even better. or call it more futureproof. and L9 has 1080p video recording but what others have said is, it is bad. if you want a camera phone, stay away from LG.

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast

Has the new Jelly Bean firmware in the LG Optimus L9 enabled the moving of Apps to the memory card?
I heard that it was a problem earlier as it has only 4 GB of internal memory.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

@Sam can u confirm the chipset of panasonic p51? It has 1.2 ghz quad core proccy n mediatek chipset..but they haven't mentioned the soc model..is it MT6589 (based on cortex a7-same as in canvas hd I guess) or MT8125 (based on cortex a9 n which I guess quoted under standalone applications on wikipedia and not under mobile SoCs)?

If it is based on MT8125 then it's one of the best deal as the price is below 26k like n4 :D

Edit: ya it has MT6589.. Hell..It should be below 15k :(

Last edited:

newdelhi

Broken In
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

best mobile phone with budget of rs 10k(i can extend it by 1-1.5 if quality is good)..i have underlined nokia lumia 520 ,,but no fm radio ,no flash and limited apps is holding me back ,:(

Flash

Lost in speed

best mobile phone with budget of rs 10k(i can extend it by 1-1.5 if quality is good)..i have underlined nokia lumia 520 ,,but no fm radioo flash and limited apps is holding me back ,:(

- FM update is coming to WPs, except L620.
- It has alternatives for most of the apps.

newdelhi

Broken In

- FM update is coming to WPs, except L620.
- It has alternatives for most of the apps.
So if i buy nokia lumia 520 tomorrow,will the fm work on it?,,i am asking because i travel daily on metro for 1.5 hours and i will get bored if without fm :(

Flash

Lost in speed

So if i buy nokia lumia 520 tomorrow,will the fm work on it?,,i am asking because i travel daily on metro for 1.5 hours and i will get bored if without fm :(
No. For FM, you will have to wait July i guess. It has around 7.5GB - why don't you store songs in it!!

newdelhi

Broken In

No. For FM, you will have to wait July i guess. It has around 7.5GB - why don't you store songs in it!!

Hey good idea!!,,i have heard nokia music is free and we can download unlimited songs,,is it true?,,if it is then lumia is final :)

Flash

Lost in speed

Hey good idea!!,,i have heard nokia music is free and we can download unlimited songs,,is it true?,,if it is then lumia is final :)

Yes, for 1 year.
You will also get Bigflix subscription free for 3 months. But i doubt, whether its still available.

Top Bottom