The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

I've been thinking of getting a OnePlus 7 pro, is it worth the price?
I don't think so. But if you have large hands & want a pretty big display, it's a decent choice. You get S10 for like 10k more which is much more comfortable to use with better cameras & other small features like IP certification, headphone jack, etc. OP7 Pro is just too big & heavy IMO for most.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But they still cover rooted phones under warranty, that's got to count for something.
Standard warranty is 1 year & such high end phones usually don't develop issues in that time.Once warranty is over,rooting or not doesn't even matter.Of course if you really must root the phone just after buying & can't wait a year then it counts.

But they still cover rooted phones under warranty, that's got to count for something.
I finding rooting to be not worth it nowadays. My first 3 phones were rooted for most of the time I used it (except for my S8 & prev Z3C which I rooted towards the last month of use just for fun). The problems with banking related apps is just another headache which needs to be addressed (didn't try Magisk though). I found custom ROMs to be not as stable as stock ones. My main reason for rooting was customization & most custom UIs are good enough in that regard. Oxygen OS of OP is good in that regards, so there won't any need for me to root it if I ever buy an OP phone (which likely won't happen considering the rising size of their phones).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finding rooting to be not worth it nowadays. My first 3 phones were rooted for most of the time I used it (except for my S8 & prev Z3C which I rooted towards the last month of use just for fun). The problems with banking related apps is just another headache which needs to be addressed (didn't try Magisk though). I found custom ROMs to be not as stable as stock ones. My main reason for rooting was customization & most custom UIs are good enough in that regard. Oxygen OS of OP is good in that regards, so there won't any need for me to root it if I ever buy an OP phone (which likely won't happen considering the rising size of their phones).

Same here - rooted every root-able Phones I had - Staring with Samsung Galaxay Music Duos ( Rooted + Cutom Rom ), Huawei Honor Bee ( Rooted ), Iball tablet ( rooted ), Redmi 2 Pro ( Rooted + custom OS ), Asus Zenfone Laser ( Rooted + custom OS ) - Just stopped there.

Later bought oppo A57 - just hated the OS to the core and inability to select network mode for 2nd Sim so exchanged it. Moto G6 Play ( Got it in exchange of Oppo A57 ) - had wifi hotspot issue which was only fixed with a major OS upgrade after 9 months of purchase - Great going Motorola aka Lenovoooo, Asus zenfone max pro M1 - may put custom OS on it - only requirement call recording. Huawei Honor Play - Almost everything is Ok except camera and some bloatware but my need of call recording and a phone with decent CPU has been met ( got it in exchange of Moto G6 Play ) _ May root it later on to remove bloatwares.

My main point is I did rooting, flashing custom OS mainly due to promise of optimized / better performance, No bloatware, better UI or to overcome certain limitation but nowadays with baking and other such monetary applications are putting more stronger securities in place in collaboration with google making it harder and with phone companies trying to dish out pristine android line interface and more powerful cpu under the hood the need of rooting has been subdued greatly.

And lastly I might have become more lazy :D

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Huawei Honor Play - Almost everything is Ok except camera and some bloatware but my need of call recording and a phone with decent CPU has been met ( got it in exchange of Moto G6 Play ) _ May root it later on to remove bloatwares.
They don't support bootloader unlocking. Can't do anything before that. Only way to "remove" bloat is via adb commands and that would just disable most of them. For remaining bloat, I can't even find the app/package name. :facepalm:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
can anyone suggest fast charger? (QC 4+ if possible and do i need to buy USB cable also?)
Devices : Oneplus X, Lenovo k6 power, redmi note 4, note 5 pro, note 7, note 7 pro, note 8, poco f1 and moto g5+
I think 2-3 devices from above support till QC 3.0.
*www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/quick-charge-device-list.pdf
Most of the devices already have fast charger included in the box
Poco F1 = *store.mi.com/in/item/3192700003
Moto G5s+ = TurboPower 15+ Turbo Fast Mobile Wall Charger + Micro-USB Charging Cable — MotorolaChargers India
(both these are QC 3 supported chargers)
All other Lenovo K6 Power, Oneplus X and all redmi devices have standard 5v 2A chargers.

I want to purchase QC 4+ supported chargers, need help?
(I know that fast chargers charges upto 80% after that it's standard charging as per device.)

What about these chargers? compared to QC 4+
OnePlus Store - OnePlus (India)
realme Store
*store.mi.com/in/item/3192900008
Buy Vivo Power Adapter (10V~2.25A) - Vivo India Official E-Store
Samsung Travel Adapter (45W) (White) - Price, Reviews & Specs | Samsung India
Samsung Super Fast Charger (25W) (White) - Price, Reviews & Specs | Samsung India
Huawei Quick Charger Price/Review | Honor India

I also searched on amazon and flipkart, most reviewers are suggesting that more than 2 port chargers have issues with heat dissipation..
I only need fast charger with 1 port and QC 4+ supported.

I bought a Xiaomi adapter for 500, its just QC 2.0 & worked well with Samsung's fast charging.

Oneplus' dash charging doesn't work with QC devices, so don't buy it unless you have an OP device. The same seems to be the case with VOOC. The Xiaomi one you listed is QC 3.0 & should be sufficient, no need to look for QC 4 IMO.

Samsung chargers work well with QC devices, but considering its cost just get teh Xiaomi one. Not sure about Vivo & Huawei ones, so better avoid them.

Why do you want QC 4.0 chargers in the first place? Its not too fast compared to QC 2.0 to be worth the cost. OP's dash charge 30T & 50W VOOC are actually pretty fast, but none of the listed devices support such high power or the protocol.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I bought a Xiaomi adapter for 500, its just QC 2.0 & worked well with Samsung's fast charging.

Oneplus' dash charging doesn't work with QC devices, so don't buy it unless you have an OP device. The same seems to be the case with VOOC. The Xiaomi one you listed is QC 3.0 & should be sufficient, no need to look for QC 4 IMO.

Samsung chargers work well with QC devices, but considering its cost just get teh Xiaomi one. Not sure about Vivo & Huawei ones, so better avoid them.

Why do you want QC 4.0 chargers in the first place? Its not too fast compared to QC 2.0 to be worth the cost. OP's dash charge 30T & 50W VOOC are actually pretty fast, but none of the listed devices support such high power or the protocol.
Okay.
So qc 4 is not worth buying..
Actually have 2 qc 3 charger already..
I thought I should buy new fast charger qc4 at least.. but seems it's not upto mark..
So buying Xiaomi charger only..
Thank you for help.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Need help..
Friend purchased Redmi Note 7 Pro in march 2019, now it's stolen on Mumbai local railways..
So need to buy new device budget upto 10K,
which will be best below 10k?
Note 7 pro and Note 8 are 2 options which will be best..

plays more often heavy games like Pubg, call of duty and some small games like candy crush etc
so please suggest according to gaming needs.. thank you..

also help here for protecting his mobile against theft
Mobile anti-theft/protection app paid or free

Need help..
Friend purchased Redmi Note 7 Pro in march 2019, now it's stolen on Mumbai local railways..
So need to buy new device budget upto 10K,
which will be best below 10k?
Note 7 pro and Note 8 are 2 options which will be best..

plays more often heavy games like Pubg, call of duty and some small games like candy crush etc
so please suggest according to gaming needs.. thank you..

also help here for protecting his mobile against theft
Mobile anti-theft/protection app paid or free
I'd say RN8 is more practical because of dedicated SD card slot & ultrawide camera, but RN7P has a better SoC, so better for games.
Compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 vs. Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro - GSMArena.com

Maybe look for insurance. Anti-theft apps won't help if someone switches off the phone & somehow access' recovery mode to wipe it.

Top Bottom