the big box within 15 - 20 k

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
i5 in 20K Budget will mean other components will cut their budgets to bones.

The Proccy itself will Cost you 10.5K

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
i heard its 9.2 ~ 9.4 k..

not 10.5 ..

and i wanna make it such a way that there are no problems at least for 4 years and .. may work with minor issues for another 2 years (after the 4 years)..
i'm very experienced with problematic cpu's .. (p4 buddy..)

but first tell me is it worth the buy ??

i mean am i getting like this ---> "the fan got robbed" ??

please comment

and what about this mobo ??

Intel® Desktop Board DH67CL

does this have decent onboard graphics

do i have a milder one as an alternative ??

i mean there are 4 ram sockets , i'm just putting a 4 gb stick now.. may put one 4/8 gb more so 4 sockets are not that useful..

and nor the pci slots.. (since ethernet , video , sound are on the mobo , what else should i put in those ??)

saswat23

Human Spambot
First do confirm about i5-2400's price in your area.
Yes, this will run perfectly for the next 5yrs efficiently.
The Intel DH67CL-B3 costsa round 5.6k. And it would increase your budget by around 2k. So, instead get the Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H for 3.5k. It also has 4*RAM slots, so has better upgrade facilities.

PCI cards are not used these days as most components have become USB supportive. So, drop the idea of using an PCI cards.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Saswat, AMD Athlon II X4 processors are not available now.

Here is my suggestion:-

Intel Pentium G620 @ 3.3K
Biostar H61MLB Motherboard @ 3K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz Value DDR3 @ 1.1K
WD BLUE 500 GB SATA @ 4.1K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.3K
Normal Intex/Frontech Cabinet @ 0.8K
LG 22X SATA DVD Writyer @ 0.85K
MSI HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 @ 6.2K

Around 21.65K. If you want everything within 20K then get MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 dual fan version at 5.2K. This config is very much well balanced and apart from your day to day work, it can also handle heavy duty gaming...thanks to HD 6770.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
First do confirm about i5-2400's price in your area.
Yes, this will run perfectly for the next 5yrs efficiently.
The Intel DH67CL-B3 costsa round 5.6k. And it would increase your budget by around 2k. So, instead get the Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H for 3.5k. It also has 4*RAM slots, so has better upgrade facilities.

PCI cards are not used these days as most components have become USB supportive. So, drop the idea of using an PCI cards.

you took all my post wrong way buddy... its not ur fault though , its my poor english..

i said i dont want pci and 4 ram slots,
just two ram and one pci (to be on the safer side) would do..

i'hv already dropped pci idea..

you better decide if you want to go with amd rig or intel. both are at completely different budgets.

please elaborate..

what do you mean ??
amd will cost cheaper??
and will it perform like i5 2400 or upto the level of i5 2400 ??

which will last long...
if intel , then i'll go with it..

Saswat, AMD Athlon II X4 processors are not available now.

Here is my suggestion:-

Intel Pentium G620 @ 3.3K
Biostar H61MLB Motherboard @ 3K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz Value DDR3 @ 1.1K
WD BLUE 500 GB SATA @ 4.1K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.3K
Normal Intex/Frontech Cabinet @ 0.8K
LG 22X SATA DVD Writyer @ 0.85K
MSI HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 @ 6.2K

Around 21.65K. If you want everything within 20K then get MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 dual fan version at 5.2K. This config is very much well balanced and apart from your day to day work, it can also handle heavy duty gaming...thanks to HD 6770.

so... what is the reason for going for a gpu worth the cost of cpu and mobo combined ??? please tell me why do you guys go for a great mind bowling gpu instead of a cpu ? (i'm curious.. really...)

i mean... is a gpu essential ??? dont the onboard graphics work well

can the onboard graphics of a compatible mobo + i5 2400 play 720 pixel videos decently ??

i think i'm going for h67 or wait for h77 to come.. i want good sound and video onboard..

and see

i5 2400 (9.5 k) + Intel DH67CL-B3 (5.5 k) = 15 k
your cpu + mobo + gpu = 12.5 k

diff = 2.5 k..

which one do you think is more future proof and better performer ??

better take it the simpler way.... hehehee

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, it depends upon your usage, what type of applications you are going to run. IGP is good for watching HD movies (apart from AMD APUs) but that's all. For gaming you need a standard GPU.

However, if gaming is not of your concern then get a Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4.1K and Core i3 2100 @ 6K (in Kolkata it is available @ 5.8K + Tax).

For understanding GPU, have a look at this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so... what is the reason for going for a gpu worth the cost of cpu and mobo combined ??? please tell me why do you guys go for a great mind bowling gpu instead of a cpu ? (i'm curious.. really...)

if you skip GPU, forget gaming. HD2000 is better than most IGP but ask yourself. will you enjoy GTA on bulletime all the time? or NFS with speedbreaker on from start to finish? HD6770 or HD7750 will make it though 4-5yrs of casual gaming. after 3yrs, change processor as Ivy Bridge will be pin compatible with SB motherboards.

i mean... is a gpu essential ??? dont the onboard graphics work well

can the onboard graphics of a compatible mobo + i5 2400 play 720 pixel videos decently ??

i think i'm going for h67 or wait for h77 to come.. i want good sound and video onboard..

HD2000 will easily handle videos. but if you want better graphics, wait for Ivy Bridge. But remember, by time Ivy Bridge will be out, game's graphics requirements will also double. i.e. Intel's IGP will never allow you to run modern game. even in case of racing, NFS Most Wanted. Try game like Blur or Run and it'll tell you why we criticize it so much.

i5 2400 (9.5 k) + Intel DH67CL-B3 (5.5 k) = 15 k
your cpu + mobo + gpu = 12.5 k

diff = 2.5 k..

which one do you think is more future proof and better performer ??

if you want, go for core i3 2100. that should keep total cost same even with GPU.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
thanks for link.. yes.. really..
i like these type of links...
informative..

and yes, there is no gaming concerns..

just movies..

do i need a gpu now ??

i wont play any hardcore games...
have changed my mind.. i wont get time to play , actually...

i get one good machine. and i'm problem free at least for 4-5 years..
nothing else...

Try game like Blur or Run and it'll tell you why we criticize it so much.

criticise what ?? i didnt get that bit..

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
itntel hd graphics ?? bad for day to day tasks ??

and what about hd 2000 graphics ?? which come with i5 2400 ???

some sites say there is no difference between them..

k..
then ,

i5 2400 graphics are good to handle 720 pixel videos ??

and so ends my run for proccy..

any decent mobo with good onboard graphics and a 4 gb stick are here to go...

suggestions please..

intel dh67cl.
wat say guys ???

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^You've asked the same question about the motherboard in multiple threads many times and each time I've said that the DH67CL is a good buy.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
sorry.........

k..
whats fixed :

proccy : i5 2400 @ 9.5 k + tax
mobo : Intel DH67CL @ 5.5 k + tax
DVD writer : lg (please tell me model name..)
ram : suggest a good 4 gb stick model no..

still to think about :
psu (i am not putting any graphics card so which psu will suit the best .. (not an overkill)
cabby : i saw somewhere that the one which has psu at the bottom is a better option.. is that really true ?? suggest any one (keep it low on bucks... )

hdd : checking it on another thread . you guys need not bother..

i am fixed on the cpu but still wanna check..

i5 2400 has just 1 mb of L2 cache , e7500 has 3 mb of L2 cache

please comment on the last line...

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
still to think about :
psu (i am not putting any graphics card so which psu will suit the best .. (not an overkill)
cabby : i saw somewhere that the one which has psu at the bottom is a better option.. is that really true ?? suggest any one (keep it low on bucks... )

i5 2400 has just 1 mb of L2 cache , e7500 has 3 mb of L2 cache

please comment on the last line...

get a fsp saga II 400 W minimum.
nzxt gamma is the cheapest cabby with bottom mount psu, and all black interiors. its a great buy. i am personally using it.

the i5 has 6 mb of l3 cache, and performance depends largely on HOW you access the cache, not how much cache you can cram in.

like, having 8 gb ram over 4 gb has minimal effect on the average user.
tho if the rams are both 8 gb, but one is ddr3, and other is rd ram, guess which will win?
same thing here.
different sizes, different techniques

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^The 1MB L2 cache of i5 2400 won't get you killed as you've got a fair amount of L3 cache. Now answer these stuff clearly friend.

1.Remaining budget?
2.Components to be bought?
3.Anything else you wanna say?(Other than future proofing and kindly make it short)

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
k..
sorry for making it elaborative previously..
remaining budget : 5 -7 k
things wanted : psu, dvd writer ,ram (4 gb) , cabby (let it be cheap.. so that budget is maintained.),hdd (small one may work..)

i have a 40 gb pata hdd ..
can i continue with that one (with a SATA to PATA cable)
and buy a larger one llater ??

Souro_Ray

In the zone
500GB hard drive is the sweet spot now in terms of pricing. It costs around Rs. 3950 plus tax. Anything below 500GB is not worth it, IMO, if you look at the pricing

A stick of Corsair 4GB RAM rated at 1333 costs Rs. 1150 plus tax. You can get cheaper alternatives with Kingston

A decent PSU will cost you up to Rs. 2000. Thats your 5-7K budget right there...

An optical drive will cost you about 900 for a basic LG one, and a couple of hundred more for an Asus one.. Cabinet you can pick and choose in the shop you buy from

You need to allocate a bit more budget, mate

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i5-2400 10875
Motherboard Intel DH67CL 5620
RAM G.Skill Value DDR3 4GB 1150
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4300
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case Frontech/iBall/Intex 800
PSU FSP Saga II 400 1900
Total 25755

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
do i need that 2k psu ??
i'm not using graphics card..

and what about 40 gb hdd that i have??

should i use that for the time being and buy a better and big one after 3-4 months ??

Top Bottom