The best broadband offers available across India

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Best broadband

I am going to apply for a BB but I am not sure which provider should i take services of. I have got two options one BSNL DataOne and another Sify. I like BSNL's Plan 500 and sify's Night Unlimited shared(256 Kbps). Which should i stick to. Help me soon I will apply within a day or two

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
BSNL Plan 500 costs 500(without service tax and 256 kbps speed) and sify night ulimited costs 545(with service tax and 256 kbps speed). Thus both of them cost the same the deciding factor will be speed given and service

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i think out of the choices u have presented

BSNL will be an easy runaway

u get daytime access

of course nighttime is also free download time 2-8 am

and of course u can own a modem

in sify's case u need to give a waste deposit of 1500 bucks !!!!

but one thing against BSNL is customer service is poor (atleast in my area)

but out & out BSNL will be a better choice

and for all dataone related queries come here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30895&highlight=

I

invisible

DOnt apply airtel
browsing and downloading is very slow

I have taken 128kbps UL Rs 699/- and this is what i get
{
1)www.dslreports.com
Welcome to BBR! Run more tests! see forums
2005-11-29 13:25:56 EST: 19 / 35
Your download speed : 19 kbps or 2.4 KB/sec.
Your upload speed is much faster than down.. have you tweaked?
Your upload speed : 35 kbps or 4.4 KB/sec.

2)www.speed.touchtelindia.net
Your current bandwidth reading is:
116.00kbps
Retest
which means you can download at 14.5 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.
}

The airtel site shows more speed but as per my experience speed is very bad .Only their site shows that speed and all others show very very bad speed.And also the page loading in very slow.
when i download a file with IDM i get 10KB/s (not anywhere nearer to rated 16KB/s)

Best option is SIfy

In sify i used to get 200KB/s speeds for ateast for 2-3 days in a month(sometimes for full month). and also their rated speeds for 256kbps connection used to be exactly 32KB/s .But unfortunately due to some problems i had to disconnect from its service.

My friend has BSNL

for a 256kbps plan he gets 20-24KB/s using IDM which is just ok .But we expect atleast 30KB/s as we are paying for 256kbps and not for 160kbps.

I will rate the ISP in the following order in terms of speed and service
1)Sify
2)BSNL
3)Airtel

sanmansp

Broken In
MTNL Rules

ISP: MTNL Mumbai
City: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Specific Areas: All over mumbai, for any1 and everyone, have a mtnl phone line even better
Plan: Night Unlimited
Speed Offered: 256 kbps
Usage Limitation: 1gb per month, night unlimited.
Validity:Monthly
Price:590 pm
Comments: Very very good service, have been using it for the past 4 months and only a single days down time, compared to the some 4 other isp's i went thru in last two years, the speed is perfect adsl. had tataindcom with 1gb and 64-512 variable speed adjustability, and the bills used to shoot up like anything, then i had exattnet, 256k and totally unlimited yeah was like a gods gift with the lan included. but the gift was for 2months only and the last 4 weeks there was no connectivity of lan or net and cable guy could not give good service neither the re-fund, hence MTNL which is awesome.
month of november - total download of night only = 23 gb. yes perfect download speed and great uptime.

G

gxsaurav

although i had Airtel broadband from about 2 weeks already, but my previous modem was faulty, so i changed it now i got a new modem, which is just like the same with same drivers,

i got 128 kbps unlimited internet connection, & there are hardly any downtime, at all, i download 140 MB in only 3 hrs, with flashget

so far, it's good, but airtel was really slow in my case, they took 1 & a half month to install it at my home, & i even send them a notice for this, but now it's good, although in my area at a few other places, they installed it preety fast, don't know why there were so slow for me

i would recomend anyone to get this, their plans are really great & quite cheap, i m paying Rs 700+100, including the modem rental

techiways

Broken In
Does anyone use Sify Broadband? I'm planning to apply for Sify BB's 1gb plan which costs 550 / month . . Is it good? My main concern is the speed and uptime.

I

invisible

techiways said:
Does anyone use Sify Broadband? I'm planning to apply for Sify BB's 1gb plan which costs 550 / month . . Is it good? My main concern is the speed and uptime.
All ISP's in India suck
dont worry Sify is one of the best ISP in india and if u have luck at times u will get speeds of 300KB/s for some days

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Sify has drastically reduced the tarrif rates and had introduced new features in existing plans like day uses in night unlimited on weekdays
source *www.sifybroadband.com/master_pricelist.php

wORm

Journeyman
I had posted about Exatt a long time ago in this thread, I thought I'd update it. Especially since I hit a new milestone of 100GB+ data transfer in a month. Now thats what I call unlimited broadband :p
*img477.imageshack.us/img477/1071/exatt5zp.th.gif

ISP: Exatt
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: Many Areas in Mumbai
Plan: 512kbps Unlimited
Speed Offered: 512kbps
Usage Limitation: N/A
Validity: 1 Month
Price: Rs. 1800/month
Comments: Pretty good. Hardly any downtimes. Speeds are decent. Good pings for Gamers. Even if you have access through LAN, you get a public IP so all p2p software work without a hitch you can even setup a http server. Negatives include ignorant support staff and difficulty in getting connection if your local cable operator is not affiliated with Exatt.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
wORM.. your connection sound pretty futuristic in the concern of India.. :p I wish if I could have same in my place... You have public IP, you have right price .. and unlimtd above all.. oh man .

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Im using Airtel GPRS on my 3220 EDGE phone and I get consistent 9-13 kbps. I mite get more if I had one of the fones with DKU 2 cuz the serial cable limit is reached. The reason why airtel connects suck l8 at night is cuz bout 2/3rds of the towers auto shut down at night due to low load.

foreveranuj

Broken In
SIFY

ISP: Sify
City: Hyderabad
Specific Areas: Covers the ENTIRE city
Plan Name: 256kbps unlimited
Speed Offered: 190-210Kbps; Downloads at ~30KBps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 150Mb from 8AM - 10PM; 10PM - 8AM is unlimited
Validity: 1month
Price: Rs950
Comments: The Best package ive had. Ideal for DJs like me who stream audio content to Producers and Radio Stations.

Watch out though! - 512kbps is being launched by SIFY in Feb06:)

I

invisible

Re: SIFY

foreveranuj said:
ISP: Sify
City: Hyderabad
Specific Areas: Covers the ENTIRE city
Plan Name: 256kbps unlimited
Speed Offered: 190-210Kbps; Downloads at ~30KBps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 150Mb from 8AM - 10PM; 10PM - 8AM is unlimited
Validity: 1month
Price: Rs950
Comments: The Best package ive had. Ideal for DJs like me who stream audio content to Producers and Radio Stations.

Watch out though! - 512kbps is being launched by SIFY in Feb06:)
yes sify is the best ISp in india
the price 950 is inclusive of service tax i think and i heard that they are going to reduce the rates soon.SOmeone has a new brouchure which says it.

amol48

Searching...
SP: Hathway
City: Pune
Specific Areas: Mostly Everywhere
Plan Name: Liteway one Extra
Speed Offered: 256Kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 10.5 GB in six months
Validity: 6 months
Price: 3850
Comments: No installation charges (prices include service tax)

Top Bottom