The Android Army in India

fatalcore

Journeyman
^^dreamcatcher

Desiibond is a very good and nice person , and for your information he do knows a lot.But i am afraid he made mistake with his bias thinking in android market, we all make mistake.So lets not fight over it . :D:):D

@desiibond : Bro , when i used the word "trash it" it was perfectly from my perspective and not from yours.

Ne way i am looking for a good car game for my x10,if u have something please do send me the link....I am too bored playing puzzles and card games.:D

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Motorola Ftw.... I have Milestone and i'm Lovin it , Running on Custom Pulsar 1.2 ROM and never felt lack of any feature

(except videocalls)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I have never heard anyone describe Bluetooth and Wifi which are generally termed as wireless protocols for connectiviy as Radios. Anyways, perhaps its the norm for some people, n00bs to be more precise.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Radio handle phone's connectivity with the cell phone network. An incompatible radio with Android version can result in marked deterioration in call quality. There are different radios for Cupcake & Donut. However Donut onwards (for Magic & G1) the radio has remained same. Needless to say different phones models use different versions of radio. For. e.g. I cannot use a Hero's Donut radio on Magic. Few handsets were never designed to run anything beyond Cupcake. One such handset was G1 but thanks to modders such Haykuro. His radio enabled Donut and Eclair on even G1.

This radio has nothing to do with AM or FM radio stations.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Wireless Protocol is just a set of rules.

Bluetooth uses a radio technology called frequency-hopping spread spectrum, which chops up the data being sent and transmits chunks of it on up to 79 bands of 1 MHz width in the range 2402-2480 MHz. This is in the globally unlicensed Industrial, Scientific and Medical (ISM) 2.4 GHz short-range radio frequency band.

Wi-Fi uses both single-carrier direct-sequence spread spectrum radio technology (part of the larger family of spread spectrum systems) and multi-carrier orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) radio technology. The deregulation of certain radio-frequencies[by whom?] for unlicensed spread spectrum deployment enabled the development of Wi-Fi products, Wi-Fi's onetime competitor HomeRF, Bluetooth, and many other products such as some types of cordless telephones.

Source : wikpedia

This is the reason why these are also termed as radio.

also, GSM, CDMA, GPRS, EDGE are all under radio networks.

sujoyp

Grand Master
OMG:duh2::reading: please dont make it more complicated...when I say 3110 have radio in it I dont mean it have GPRS and EDGE and its GSM or CDMA...but plainly it can play radio fm...

Its better to term Wifi and GSM as Wifi and GSM not radio..please:chucks:

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
OMG:duh2::reading: please dont make it more complicated...when I say 3110 have radio in it I dont mean it have GPRS and EDGE and its GSM or CDMA...but plainly it can play radio fm...

Its better to term Wifi and GSM as Wifi and GSM not radio..please:chucks:

Hey. sorry. don't get confused. This is the reason why I used terms like FM Radio, Wireless N in the post. I used the term 'radios' in reply to those two geeks using X10. :)

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

thanks desiibond...that was enlightening... :)

you are welcome

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Excellent thread desiibond! Kudos to you for taking out the time and writing such a detailed review of so many handsets!

To all wondering about radio, yes, it *is* the correct term to use in the context desiibond used it for. Some people think they are over smart and when they are proven wrong, they cry fowl..

fatalcore

Journeyman
^^^@ dessibond :

Thanks for describing the term " RADIO " . :D

I wonder what the spod desiibond uses and how many phones he has personally handled before calling geeks to me ? This hurts !!! I know u know a lot,but that doesnt confirm that u know every thing , as u had to visit wikipedia :D to explain RADIO ! ha ha ha :D

Neway As ^^ its trully a great effort of compiling such a review on android phones .

For those who uses the Acer Liquid : congrats Eclair 2.1 update is available officially , The system update is available as a download in the support sections of the regional Acer websites.

Enjoy !

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

^@kalpik

To all wondering about radio, yes, it *is* the correct term to use in the context desiibond used it for. Some people think they are over smart and when they are proven wrong, they cry fowl..

Well everybody is not a pro like desiibond and technically so sounded . There is no question about
smartness
, go out in street and ask
What do u understand by Radio ?
and 98% people will understand it as FM , any doubt ?

THANKS TO NOKIA,SAMSUNG and OTHERS "RADIO" button , which specifically triggers PN511 CHIP.............. I wonder why ???

Anyway, Then desiibond should know that the "RF's" are really strong in X10,and the phone lacks "Radio" [ Precisely AM & FM ] .

Study Radio from same source WIKIPEDIA
Radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and next time i would suggest you to use "RFs" instead of "RADIO".

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Excellent thread desiibond! Kudos to you for taking out the time and writing such a detailed review of so many handsets!

Thanks for the complement da. :)

@fatalcore, I am not a 100% knowledged person but I don't go after everyone who doesn't support a product that I use. I own HTC Legend but I don't suggest it to everyone who asks for a recommendation and I don't go after everyone who decide not to buy it.

Still, I am saying, the phone that you own doesn't stand a chance before other top end Android phones and it's a harsh truth to accept. And you should've followed your brain than guts before paying 32k for your phone! Atleast you should've asked me or other fellas at TE and TDF. Getting X10 when GS was just around the corner is a serious wastage of money. No pun intended. You should have really really asked us.

And enough of this ruining the thread. You want to advertise about your phone, please do write up a review and we will be glad to read it.

Last edited:

fatalcore

Journeyman
:D:D:D:D , Ne way i must say.....I went ga ga 3 year back when i saw HTC Touch diamond for the first time....Spent 30,000 & a proud owner at that time in kolkata......Although i could use it more than 7 months , i still treasured the device in my showcase above my bed.....I just wish an android os running on that particular set......Never ever seen an elegant set like HTC TD till date...........(PS : Plz forget its features and everything...Just feel the set in your palm.I love it.)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
:D:D:D:D , Ne way i must say.....I went ga ga 3 year back when i saw HTC Touch diamond for the first time....Spent 30,000 & a proud owner at that time in kolkata......Although i could use it more than 7 months , i still treasured the device in my showcase above my bed.....I just wish an android os running on that particular set......Never ever seen an elegant set like HTC TD till date...........(PS : Plz forget its features and everything...Just feel the set in your palm.I love it.)

And I just hope history won't repeat itself :)

Offtopic, what happened to Touch Diamond?

lucifer_is_back

Journeyman
I have never heard anyone describe Bluetooth and Wifi which are generally termed as wireless protocols for connectiviy as Radios. Anyways, perhaps its the norm for some people, n00bs to be more precise.
:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

also write bout android porting projects

fatalcore

Journeyman
Well, honestly i purchased X10 due to timescape and mediascape and the integrity of social sites in one place.

If u ask me personally , NOTHINGS Better than nexux , its a raw flavour of android...

In kolkata (Specifically) the HTC service is horrible....I purchased the HTC Touch diamond approx 2.7-8 years back....and mumtazuddin personally complained to HTC sets ....

I am personally looking forward for the Nokia N8 or iPhone 4 late this year...As i will replace the second set with N8 or iPhone 4.

Honestly..... MW600 was a nice addition to my primary set.

However I said i am not a big fan of SE X10.....Coz of its build qulity :D Take out the back cover and u can chew that like a chewing gum ! :D Visit market and practically worthless games for free....Switch on the flash.....and it stays on forever [ What a crap - i use it during power failure :D:D:D]....ever view the one and only default blue theme.....No smart dialing.....

I am listing a overall feature of the X10..

XPERIA X10 comes with top-notch hardware to meet its software demands. Here is the impressive specs sheet along with some potential drawbacks.
Key features
Quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support
7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 2 Mbps HSUPA support
4" capacitive touchscreen of WVGA (480 x 854 pixel) resolution and scratch-resistant surface
16M-color ready (65K effective colors under Android OS v1.6)
Android OS v1.6 with complete Sony Ericsson UI customization
Timescape and Mediascape UI
Excellent social networking integration
Excellent build quality
Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon 1 GHz CPU, OpenGL ES 2.0 support; 384 MB of RAM
8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash, touch focus, image stabilization, geotagging, face and smile detection
WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) video recording @ 30fps
Wi-Fi and GPS with A-GPS
1GB storage, microSD slot, bundled with an 8GB card
Accelerometer and proximity sensor
Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
Document viewer
Li-Po 1500 mAh (BST-41) battery
Great audio quality
Main disadvantages
No DivX and XviD video playback
No smart dialing
Limited storage available to the user on the system partition (you are left with only 512 MB for installing apps)
No secondary video-call camera (or videocalling whatsoever)
No free GPS navigation solution
No Flash support for the web browser
No FM radio
An extra xenon flash would’ve made the very good camera perfect
Feeble loudspeaker

My recommendation : Try iPhone before selecting this set....(Honestly)

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I had a strange problem with the loud speaker in HTC TD , when talking after say around 10-15-20 sec....the loud speaker would suddenly turn on...and more pathetic it wont stop unless disconnected.....this happened after approx 2.5 month...after servicing.....after 4-5 months....my battery dies out super fast.....would only last for approx 4-5 hours a day...and then after 7 months it died completely....i was told it was a user fault...later on mumtazuddin confirmed that it was some what a common problem ... and has happen ed earlier.....

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Well, honestly i purchased X10 due to timescape and mediascape and the integrity of social sites in one place.

If u ask me personally , NOTHINGS Better than nexux , its a raw flavour of android...

umm. Milestone too runs vanilla Android and is the best of the rest when it comes to updates. Rumour says that it is going to get Froyo really really soon.

Top Bottom