The Android Army in India

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Merit of a feature depends upon individual needs. For me its native Exchange support. For someone else it would be Bluetooth 2.1, likewise. So saying that apart from MT everything else is an eyewash may not be entirely correct.
That is exactly what I said in first place!

Also, I don't why people cry about Android versions. As long as it's not 2.2; 1.6 or 2.0 or 2.1 hardly is any different from each other for me.
But you guys started giving me links....!

Working in Qualcomm and having the possibility of testing every single phone (having qualcomm chipset) doesn't justfiy this quote (by ird):
Dude, I'm not boasting here. You asked me to "try" out phones thinking that I 've never seen those phones and I replied that I've played around with every phone (yes, even those that don't have Snapdragon; coz somewhere inside almost every Android phone there is some Qualcomm chip). I don't "test" phones. I design GPUs for Embedded SoCs.

I made the comment coz 75% of the people I know do not use any of the new features and yet crib about how their phone doesn't have the latest version of the OS. And trust me, when I say the hardware and the drivers were always there, they were always there; but a lot of things were disabled (yes, just disabled) in the OS... for the sake of incremental updates. I won't (and can't) name anything, but apart from multi-touch there is no revolutionary progress in Android, of course, until 2.2 comes out.

I still stand-by my statement that this is a very nice compilation for people looking to buy Android phones :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom