System Specs Please comment and suggest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
X48 out already? Any reviews/link you can provide?
By the way, found a thread regarding HD3870x2 but the info there cant help me to take my decision. Plz help me out with it. Is it worth buying?

I cant find anywhere that X48 is out.
Provide some links plz that will prove that this mobo meets all my requirements.

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan
X48 has only been paper launched. The availability is very scarce and would continue to be so for another month. BTW X48 provides nothing extra over X38 except for native 1600 FSB support. But people with X38 has been able to get the same FSB with X38 also. A good X48 chipset based mobo is still few months away. So I think it is safe to invest in X38 now. After all you will always have better product every few months down the lane!!

If I had to invest now then I would go X38 based Mobo and use two 3870X2 in crossfire. this would give me power of 4 GPUs (AMD has been able to use only 3 GPUs with current Catalyst driver but it is expected that Catalyst drivers to be launched in March will make full use of all 4 GPUs). That pretty would make my system future-proof for another 2-3 years.

Last edited:
OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^ get the MSI X48 Platinum.meets all ur requirements

MSI X48 has no DDR2 support, only DDR3. Not worth buying as DDR3 is way too costly now.
I may look for MSI X48C that has both DDR2/DDR3 support.
Two PCI-E slots are sufficient.

Read this :

*www.nordichardware.com/news,7213.html

It looks that all ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte ready to release X48 mobos but its only Intel delaying the official release.

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Have u checked the link I provided. Its clearly written that X48C supports both DDR2 and DDR3.
By the way, what makes u think it wont support DDR3?

EDIT : Its clearly written that X48 supports dual channel DDR3.
May be 48C supports single channel DDR3.

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Its ok pal :). just a typo. Look I am not gonna buy nything before having read some reviews :D.
And if X48 chipset mobos are out soon, I prefer ASUS to MSI.

Edit : I just did something wrong. Post edited. Please dont mind.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
MSI's reviews on Overclockers club and hardware forum suggest that X48 is no big improvement over X38 but its a great buy considering board's performance

darklord

Cyborg Agent
@ Bullzi,
Well let me clarify some things, which should make things easy for you :)

1] X48 is nothing but cherry picked X38, both of them have absolutely no difference.
2] Looks like future is all X48 BUT most of the X48 board will be on DDR3 platform so no problem going with X38 with DDR2 as of now.
3] You should look at Abit IX38 QUadGT, very nice board,superbly priced and clocks exceptionally well. 582 FSB anyone ? :D
4] Asus Maximus Formula is a good board but really targetted at extreme overclockers, are you going to do that ? If not then why waste money ? ;)
5] 3870X2 is a very nice card, you can surely go ahead with it.It has good VFM. Keep in mind that you wont be able to overclock it much as it runs quite hot.

Btw, since you will be buying a new Mobo, you wont be needing your P5B Dlx right ? :D
Would you be interested in selling it :D
I would like to pick up one ;)

I know i am shameless :D

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@ Bullzi,
Well let me clarify some things, which should make things easy for you :)

1] X48 is nothing but cherry picked X38, both of them have absolutely no difference.
2] Looks like future is all X48 BUT most of the X48 board will be on DDR3 platform so no problem going with X38 with DDR2 as of now.
3] You should look at Abit IX38 QUadGT, very nice board,superbly priced and clocks exceptionally well. 582 FSB anyone ? :D
4] Asus Maximus Formula is a good board but really targetted at extreme overclockers, are you going to do that ? If not then why waste money ? ;)
5] 3870X2 is a very nice card, you can surely go ahead with it.It has good VFM. Keep in mind that you wont be able to overclock it much as it runs quite hot.

Btw, since you will be buying a new Mobo, you wont be needing your P5B Dlx right ? :D
Would you be interested in selling it :D
I would like to pick up one ;)

I know i am shameless :D

Lol, u are a gr8 overclocker Darky, everyone knows that. I will keep in mind ur precious advice.
Abt gfx card, I dont need to overclock my card as I will be setting up crossfire in near future.
I need a mobo with both DDR2 and DDR3 support. That will be more future proof.
About Asus Maximus, I will be getting it from abroad (taking risk :D) so not too much costly. Same price range a as 780I Sli.
Abt P5B Deluxe, pm me abt it and send ur offering :D.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
DDR2 and DDR3 combo boards is really not a good idea :(
3870X2 in CrossfireX, wow !! Hope you have a powerful PSU to handle those 2 monsters ;)

monkey

Padawan
System 3870X2 in crossfire would require atleast 1100W PSU!! These two cards will themselves consume approx. 500W when under load!!

monkey

Padawan
I would prefer Tagan over CoolerMaster (Corsair doesn't have such high power PSUs). Tagan has received very good reviews everywhere and with its unique modular design it looks cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom