Symbian or winmo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newton.

Broken In
Hi. I'm new here though i've been following this forum for a month. I regret my first thread being a question.
I would like to know which platform is better in terms of available software, games (free) and customization. (when i talk of symbian, i mean hacked symbian)
any help is appreciated.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
The WinMo scene is 10 times as large as S60 and UIQ put together. Head over to xda-developers.com for all the hacks, cooked ROMs and tips you could possibly need for any WinMo device.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
My view ::: winmob is good but when it comes to gr8 UI i would surely go for the SymbS60 3rd edt cause no more virus at all > winmob only for sitting geeks .

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
My view ::: winmob is good but when it comes to gr8 UI i would surely go for the SymbS60 3rd edt cause no more virus at all > winmob only for sitting geeks .

winmo ui is better than s60v3.if the default ui doesnt suit u then u can always use apps like spb,pointui etc to cust the ui.

the default ui of foneslike diamond & omnia r a hell lot better than any s60 or uiq ui.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ Symbian is a lot easier to use than WinMo (read its more user frndly).
also audio/cam quality of s60 fones r better than WinMos though this is changing fast with the likes of Omnia.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^ Try using HTC touch diamond. I own a Nokia N79 but find the UI of TouchFLO 3D more fluid

OP
N

Newton.

Broken In
Is it possible to upgrade the windows version? Will it void the warranty? That would be good as you can't do that in symbian.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Is it possible to upgrade the windows version? Will it void the warranty? That would be good as you can't do that in symbian.

yup u can upgrade the windows ver provided u hav the latest rom available for ur device.xcept for few devices u'll lotsa support from the winmo community for the rest of the devices.like winmo 6.5 beta 4 has alreday been ported for the Diamond.
if u flash any custom/cooked rom ur warranty is VOID.

WinMo is a hell lot better than s60.though cud be a bit complex for new users.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^^ This is something which is going to change with Windows Mobile 7. 16m color based screen, 128 MB RAM is going to be a must for all WinMo 7 phones.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I would take Windows Mobile any day over Symbian. I found the latter to be slower and bland for my taste and also extremely limited possibility of customization and tweaks.... Windows Mobile 6 and later based devices are sleek and thanks to xda-devs, one can satisfy their inner g33k-urges everyday !!! :)

Windows 6.5 has already been ported to some present devices but still has a few problems.. also Android has been successfully ported to some Qualcomm MSM7xxx chipset based devices like Kaiser, Vogue, Diamond and some others... so buying any current-gen WinMo phones will automatically provide the capability to dual-boot 2 different OSes, and even at its present stage Android is rocking my Kaiser... :)

As far as the UI goes, you can do almost anything with Windows Mobile... what you have to do is provide some of your time at xda-devs and inner-urge to customize like hell.... if you have them, get a WinMo based phone and you are all set for one hell of an awesome mobile experience ... :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ well said dood.
u can do lotsa things with winmo that u cant do with any other mobile os platform.
if u dont wanna get bored with ur fone by seeing the same bland UI then get a winmo and satisfy urself with diff uis everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom