Symbian or winmo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
^^^gud.....
yes go for something different and better too......try out what u didnt till now......
So best of luck for ur future winmob xperience...!!!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Thanks a lot guys. I used to think windows mobile was crap but you all changed my opinion.

but make sure that if u r entering in to the Smart phone on the entry level ,, plz note that u cannot experience fully smartphone facilities on the winmobo ..

The pro geeks can really use the min mob with out any prob --

i used HTC touch rather i cannot tolerate the facilities really bored but symbian are good with normal use abilities , win mobo are excellent but u should con front to spend some time to know the facilities mainly the UI .

krups

Broken In
Windows mobile rocks... I am sure, if you start using windows mobile once, you will never shift back to any other os.

BTW, I am using HTC touch diamond and I am loving it. Awesome device.

Just have a look at HTC Touch HD.... and visit xda-developers.com.

Cheers,
Krupal

WinMo anytime. The customization options are AWWWEEESOMMMEE! Never been able to do that with my last 4 Symbian phones. Winmo is definitely recommended if you are a do-it-yourself type geek. Performance is great when tweaked properly even on a 201 MHz proccy on which Symbian sucks to boot! Some of the greatest Games are available for Winmo like Tomb Raider (full 3d, PC like experience), Call of Duty 2, Age of Empires (matches exactly to the PC version and very playable), Guitar hero, Virtual Pool 3D, Asphalt 3D (racing game, really nice), just to name a few. Apps are available for almost everything, you can ever imagine. There is even a command prompt and language compilers available for C#, VB.net, GCC (C and C++) so you can write code and compile it on device itself. I cant describe it fully here, it would take 10-15 pages! And this is with Wm 6.1, 6.5 is improving and 7 will revolutionize Winmo ecosystem, thats quiet sure.

Now, The two problems that i found with Winmo platform,
1. Since the phone audio is not routed through WinMo software interfaces, its impossible to record a two way conversation properly. The best software available is PMRecorder which can record other side voices but very low.

2. Camera is usually not very nice, better on high end devices, but doesn't matches Sony's cameras.

Thats it, apart from this, almost everything can be customized or replaced.

That's very subjective What kind of software are you talking about? I am not telling you to move over winmo if you are happy with symbian, its your personal choice and frankly, Microsoft wont pay me a buck even i become successful in doing so. :D Anyways, i think you are not very familiar with Windows Mobile, otherwise you wouldn't had put this statement in first place.

expertno.1

Technomancer
That's very subjective What kind of software are you talking about? I am not telling you to move over winmo if you are happy with symbian, its your personal choice and frankly, Microsoft wont pay me a buck even i become successful in doing so. :D Anyways, i think you are not very familiar with Windows Mobile, otherwise you wouldn't had put this statement in first place.

i have used winmo for a year i.e of version 6.1 , inspite of its highly customization i merely found softwares for it . But when i got my hands on s603rd , i not only could play 96-100 mb ngage games ! but also a hell lot of apps available everywhere .

the sound , camera and feel of a symbian phone is far good than winmo .

seroiusly i must tell you , the newbies favour winmo just to show off that he has a winmo but that is lame . get what you get best from an os .

for example can you give me a winmo software that gives me the tower code and the option to change tower ? i can do that on s60 by using field test .

you can switch between towers yourself ! (of the same operator) such as from gprs to edge tower if both are available in your area !

so i prefer s60 .

seriously someone told here , winmo for show off , symbian for real !

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

This is something that you can argue with. Tell me a c# or even symbian c++ compiler and development environment for Symbian which can compile executable right on your phone or maybe something like SQL Server CE for it? What is the minimum amount of time in which you can write a small hello world program for it? I ported a full fledged desktop .NET app to it within half hour to it which uses internet connectivity, sql server ce databases and things like DataGrid etc.

So it mostly depends upon your personal requirements. I need a balance of enterprise and entertainment software along with good and easy development support and i got it in Windows Mobile. With Symbian, i fiddled with it for 1 months before i could understand and write a program for it. And leave alone database connectivity and all.

You found that particular one for Symbian, good. But its just a matter of time and interest and it will be available for Windows Mobile too if you simply put the idea on developer forums like XDA.

BTW, i will not considered myself a newbie. I have 4+ years of experience with Symbian devices and now over a year with Windows Mobile devices. I have cooked at least 5-8 ROMs and written more than 10 business class applications for it now so i have a quiet clear understanding of its architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom