Survey finds Bangalore has India's worst behaved motorists

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I think overpopulation is to blame. There are just too many people.
+1
thats the real problem
more people -->lots of people wanting to drive/get a driving license by any means possible(some people even think they can drive well and dont learn anything from driving school just "pay" and get the license)-----> these make bad drivers and cause traffic snarls or more dangerous accidents
Actually the main problem is NOT indian culture its Indian Driving schools(or indian mentality that i can "pay" and get anything)

Moral of the story: Take an auto ;)

dude,might be thats regional, might be in banglore auto wallahs are well mannered and are not greedy(meaning they dont demand a large fare hike and go on strike every 3 months)
Mumbai possibly has the worst kind of auto wallah

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
No kidding, but Imo, people passing out of driving schools are bigger retards than those learning to drive by themselves. No offence.
In (car) driving schools, more than half of the part of 'driving' is done by instructor himself. Hence most people freak out the first time they take the wheel by themselves.
But I guess discussing about this will do no good but take the topic astray.
Regarding population, i strongly disagree.
Population will rise, eventually. That has (again, imo) has nothing to do with bad behaviour of people. As long as there are traffic lights and honest officials and strict rules at every crossroad and corner, I dont think people will intentionally break rules, unless ofcourse they are complete duchebags.
And, 'duchebaggery' is mentality, or should i say mental problem.
Case rested.
:)

Hence, Moral of Story : Drive Safely and Smile a lot.

Sarath

iDota
When I went to give my driving test a guy outside offered me a license for 800 bucks. I gave him a big "FO". I went ahead and gave my test. Since I had been waiting for this day for years, I did everything meticulously, like the 5-point turn etc which no one did (everyone else just went straight to the end)
At the end of it, I went to the driving examiner and he said - " Ok, go fast now it's your turn" :|
:facepalm:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
^^^Even if you'd just had done nothing and stood there, and said, "Kya sir, abi to aapke samne drive kr k dikhaya".
He'd probably passed you anyhow.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
and hmm so culture is only something which our ancestors leave with ourselves (next generation). myopic thinking.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
When I went to give my driving test a guy outside offered me a license for 800 bucks. I gave him a big "FO". I went ahead and gave my test. Since I had been waiting for this day for years, I did everything meticulously, like the 5-point turn etc which no one did (everyone else just went straight to the end)
At the end of it, I went to the driving examiner and he said - " Ok, go fast now it's your turn" :|
:facepalm:

I got gear driving license by driving gear less vehicle :lol: . During my test drive , i started to drive on track.When i was in middle of track, I suddenly realized a chair kept on path of other end of track.I just stopped vehicle and didnt know what to do.The police kept shouting - remove the chair and drive idiot.But i was thinking how could mt test drive fetch me license if i stop in middle?. Anyway the agent managed things and i got license.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1
thats the real problem
more people -->lots of people wanting to drive/get a driving license by any means possible(some people even think they can drive well and dont learn anything from driving school just "pay" and get the license)-----> these make bad drivers and cause traffic snarls or more dangerous accidents
Actually the main problem is NOT indian culture its Indian Driving schools(or indian mentality that i can "pay" and get anything)
Population? Not at all. Take example of Japan. It is even more densely populated than us. Over-population of vehicles without the infrastructure? yes.

It's lack of efficient public transport. People won't need cars that way and with good public transport, fuel consumption (and prices) will also go down. Every desi idiot will buy a car if you give him 5 lakhs. Indian drivers are good, but just don't have the culture to be civilised.

Giving/taking bribes is also part of our culture. Mentality defines your culture. Not some ancient texts. I think I said that before.

Read posts over here to see some light - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/154712-petrol-price-cheapest-goa.html

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Basically people go mad when they sit on the wheel. Delhi is no worse. And they all get violent.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
To be fair pedestrians are no better. People do get mad regardless whether they are on a wheel or walking on the road or just travelling mode.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
barely started the car in my test he told me it was over... I was like expecting one turn, one parking... something
*i.imgur.com/VijtL.jpg

Top Bottom