Survey finds Bangalore has India's worst behaved motorists

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
+1 for Bangalore.. from past 12 years I am seeing motorist getting worse and worse...

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well even Mangalore is nothing Less...You walk on the road..You might DIe.As Busses Glide down some roads in high speed.Enough to through you in air,some time even turn in high speed

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Why don't we say 'All India'!?
+1.I Agree with you.Ill tell you how the traffic Jams Start in India

Now theres a Two-Lane Road.Theres a red-light so one side trafic with 1 row is stopped.Now When the green light comes,some cars behind try to overtake,Bikers try to enter in between..and go here and there.That makes the one Lane a 2-3 lane.This is what have seen in many places in India i have visted.,But they most disciplined was Bangalore

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
ya hyderabad has rude motorist compared to bangalore, but i guess delhi has worst too..

but i shud b ashamed to comment as i myself drive rudely and violate rules because i hate by traffic cops eating my.money

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Yest Night at Malakpet road i saw a biker Dancing :D.And going.Another bike almost dashed another and a car to.Lucky no fight took place.
And near Towli Chocki(near that mumbai-Hyd highway).Many people were going in the wrong direction esp Youngsters

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
I had been to hyderbad for 1 week.i guess hyderabad has the worst behaved traffic

More than worse.

^^ Yest Night at Malakpet road i saw a biker Dancing :D.And going.Another bike almost dashed another and a car to.Lucky no fight took place.
And near Towli Chocki(near that mumbai-Hyd highway).Many people were going in the wrong direction esp Youngsters

Good that u never came to JNTU near KUkatpally. Otherwise u would have gone mad.

And Its too HOT

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
maybe bangalore follows the fewest rules, but the people are very friendly most motorbikes stop to give a lift if you flag em down...
delhi has the worst behaved people irrespective of whether they are driving or not... and mumbai people have a big bag of tricks around the philosophy of "me first"... surprise lanes, temporarily using the wrong side of the road as an express lane, or jumping the signal on the intersection just when it changes for someone else

saw like an impossible 40 second wheelie on nice road by some Bangalore biker though wudnt have blvd it if I hadnt seen it

PS read the article, Bangalore is never going to be weelchair friendly... ever... thats because the footpaths all over the city are divided into sections that are exactly one plot or one house long, and these are at wildly varying heights when compared to the road

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well Even in Mangalore.There wont be a single day without some driver or someone screaming ran** Ma**,Bevar$*.
Busses stop where they Like,some times middle of the road :/.Conductors screaming Bega Jepulle(Get down fast).
Traffic Is horror throughout India.
If Indians Start following Lane Rules.Then i guess it would be much better.
Like In Dubai And other Foreign citys.People exactly drive how the marking are given.

Sarath

iDota
Ah yes we have cross cutting motorists and over optimistic F1 cadre auto wallahs in Bangalore, mix that with a very broken and bad infrastructure and yes you have Bangalore traffic. But having the opportunity to live in more than one city, I don't see why B'lore stands out. It's the same in almost every city.

My benchmark for the worst is still my own -pseudo native tier 2 city called Visakhapatnam / Vizag. I told my brother once, if you had learnt driving in Vzg instead of B'lore, you could have driven in any part of the world. :D I would like to quote my lecturer who hailed form a different city at that time, I have a bike but I do not know how to ride in this city. Now I walk but even then I don't know which direction to look while crossing.. Every time you cross a road, you have to look in both directions, even if it is the NH-7; both directions for each lane.

Moral of the story: This survey is flawed. Like all other (most) surveys this one screams of inaccuracy :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
it seems everyone is finding their own cities worst :p
personally Guwahati too is a very bad place in terms of Traffic.

Top Bottom