New Corsair HX650 PSU Squeaking - YouTube

guys i searched corsair hx 650 on youtube and boom a list of video's appear just like the one above showing that it makes a funny noise

list as follows-
1) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9RLln5g2VI
2) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9m3B5J41YI
3) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP4e9u1p2IY
4) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl067noGrEI
5) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiNlojFi0SM
6) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKpSlE5bY4
7) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeSzWKGPVc
8) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYugYoXmMcA
9) *www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKpSlE5bY4

this is what i found in the first page itself of youtube search :pullhair::banghead::blackeye: ..................i have actually bought the ram....hyper x blu was only available online

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Get the tx 650-v2 then. HX is just the modular version.
That psu must be defective. All hx series don't make squeaking noise.

Our member S_V has been using a HX850 for years. Its absolutely silent.

^^ Get the tx 650-v2 then. HX is just the modular version.
That psu must be defective. All hx series don't make squeaking noise.

Our member S_V has been using a HX850 for years. Its absolutely silent.

i know this might sound like a noob but i fear the lower series corsair might explode :batman:

thus i choose the hx 650 which was around 1300 more than the tx.....the hx has 7 years warranty is fully modular...the tx has 5 years warranty and is wiry.......anyways would buying a hx 750 be a good idea....or is it an overkill causing my e-bills to go high unneccesarily....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Firstly, lower series corsair won't explode. I've been running a Vx450 for the past 4 years without a single problem. Its extremely silent too.
Asingh ( super moderator) has been using a tx 650 way before i purchased my psu and he runs two 4890 gpu's in crossfire and they are way more power hungry than gpu's used these days.

You can definitely get an HX750 as it will be more futureproof and can even handle a 680sli easily. Btw, going for a higher wattage psu does not affect your e-bills.
Your system draws as much power required by it irrespective of psu wattage. If your current system draws 350watts from an hx 650, then it will draw same 350 watts from hx 750 as well.

750 is capable of delivering more power in watts if the system needs it. You can also buy a 1200 watt psu but power usage will be constant if system components are fixed.

You should check the efficiency as that affects your e-bills. All 80+ bronze or higher certified psu's are extremely energy efficient and very less power is wasted.

Last edited:
^^ Firstly, lower series corsair won't explode. I've been running a Vx450 for the past 4 years without a single problem. Its extremely silent too.
Asingh ( super moderator) has been using a tx 650 way before i purchased my psu and he runs two 4890 gpu's in crossfire and they are way more power hungry than gpu's used these days.

You can definitely get an HX750 and it will be more futureproof and can even handle a 680sli easily. Btw, going for a higher wattage psu does not affect your e-bills.
Your system draws as much power required by it irrespective of psu wattage. If your current system draws 350watts from an hx 650, then it will draw same 350 watts from hx 750 as well.

750 is capable of delivering more power in watts if the system needs it. You can also buy a 1200 watt psu but power usage will be constant if system components are fixed.

You should check the efficiency as that affects your e-bills. All 80+ bronze or higher certified psu's are extremely energy efficient and very less power is wasted.

the hx 750 i am talking about is 80+ gold i guess

that's for the info i think i'll go with the hx 750...i do want to keep some head room....so i would go with it i guess

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ HX 750 is 80+ silver. AX series is 80+ gold.

Yes go with hx 750 without any second thoughts.:)

^^ HX 750 is 80+ silver. AX series is 80+ gold.

Yes go with hx 750 without any second thoughts.:)

CORSAIR SMPS 750 HXUK

^^ these guys have wriiten it gold :conspiracy:

*www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/hx-series-power-supply-units/hx-series-hx750-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-modular-psu.html

its mentioned gold in the corsair site aswell :meditate:

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want future proof PSU then why not TX 850 V2? No matter whether HX750 is 80+ Gold or Silver, it will deliver 750W Power, not more. 80+ certification lower the power consumption of the PSU to deliver the rated power in different load conditions, it does not increase the power output of the PSU. And from 80+ Bronze to 80+ silver to 80+ gold, if you are not using the Computer as a server system, the power saving will not cost more than 20 bucks in Month.

If you want future proof PSU then why not TX 850 V2? No matter whether HX750 is 80+ Gold or Silver, it will deliver 750W Power, not more. 80+ certification lower the power consumption of the PSU to deliver the rated power in different load conditions, it does not increase the power output of the PSU. And from 80+ Bronze to 80+ silver to 80+ gold, if you are not using the Computer as a server system, the power saving will not cost more than 20 bucks in Month.

lol 20 bucks :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
CORSAIR SMPS 750 HXUK

^^ these guys have wriiten it gold :conspiracy:

HX Series HX750 Power Supply

its mentioned gold in the corsair site aswell :meditate:

See here :

Professional Series

Its 80+ silver. :)

Actually what cilus said makes sense. Corsair tx series are 80+ bronze and are quite efficient as well.
HX series are modular and will help you a lot in cable management.

By the way, there is a new line of tx series available with a suffix "m" like TX 650M. These are semi modular psu's with same efficiency , power and cost levels of original tx series. Being semi-modular, they assist in good cable management scenarios.

See here:

*www.corsair.com/enthusiast-series-...tt-high-performance-modular-power-supply.html
*www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-un...tt-high-performance-modular-power-supply.html

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Hey !!
Since your PC is gaming powerhouse why don't you think of buying a Gamepad?? It will make gaming experience more complete than KB+mouse config

Give XBOX 360 controller a try believe me it's mind blowing.
(costs around 1800 bucks)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
CWT made TX-M series performance aint good compared to the Seasonic made TXV2 series. Im using a TX850V2 ,trust me its very very good and efficient. It powers up two GTX680 in Sli with a 3770K @ 4.8Ghz! Silently. (GTX680 and 3770K dosnt belong to me,only the PSU belongs to me :cry:)

And as far as cable management goes a little clever work can make the TX 850V2 look like this!!
DSC00167.jpg

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ You sure m series is made by CWT?? Its channelwell right?
I thought they were seasonic coz channelwell are no longer oem for corsair.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For TX-M its Channelwell Technologies , yes.

If you check the outer casing of the TX-M you will notice they have got ribs (typical CWT design) on top that is the fan area and that is a first sign that it is made my CWT apart from what is inside!

CWT still makes (OEM) a lot of PSU for Corsair starting from some HX,TX-M,VX, many of them in those series.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
For TX-M its Channelwell Technologies , yes.

If you check the outer casing of the TX-M you will notice they have got ribs (typical CWT design) on top that is the fan area and that is a first sign that it is made my CWT apart from what is inside!

CWT still makes (OEM) a lot of PSU for Corsair starting from some HX,TX-M,VX, many of them in those series.

Man you're right. You indeed have great observation skills.:)

HARDOCP - Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular Power Supply Review - Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular Power Supply Review

This review confirms its a CWT. Btw the review seems to be okay with no flaws.
I guess CWT has improved their quality standards considering they are making psu's for corsair which has a very high reputation worldwide.
But TX 750-V2 is a notch above in quality. The "M" edition is actually priced closer to hx750 which is a much better buy imo.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
BTW, OP can actually opt for Seasonic PSUs too. They offer same quality of Corsair TX series and costs lot cheaper. Regarding warranty, I know there are some confusion...whether they offer Repair/Replace or full Replace Warranty, if the warranty life is 5 years or 3 years....

Today, I had a long chat with Tirupati regarding Seasonic service and they confirmed that for Asian market, the warranty is 5 years full replace warranty, not any repair warranty.

So my suggestion will be SEASONIC SS-850AT 850W 80+ BRONZE @ 6.375K which is as good as TX 850 V2 and comes with full 5 years complete replacement warranty.

Top Bottom