. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:purpose is buliding "solaris"........basically i would play every game there is mainly bf3 crysis dirt3 arma 3 fifa farcry also i would be using this rig for softwares like catia, autocad,photoshop,coreldraw,autodesk maya.....designing softwares that i may come up in the future also will be using this as a platform to record my guitar stuffs and mixing them using softwares like audacity reaper pro tools guitar rig and amp emultion softwares(ex-guitar fx)....

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:22

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:gpu,keyoard,mouse,dvdrw

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:as soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i have made the biggest mistake of my life i was supposed to make a full computer in 60-65k now what i did was i made myself buy the Asus Geforce GTX680 4GB DDR5 (42k) now i need the rest of the config my budget for that is around 25-30k :/
processor-
motherboard-
ram
smps
monitor
hdd

help me :cry:

i have choosen
fx6100
asus m5a97
ram ripjaw 8gb
monitor dell
smps-corsair 650tx
it turns up to 30k

still i need a cabinet and a hdd (i hate myself:cry:)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: Asus Geforce GTX680 4GB DDR5

Change the name of the thread, It is very much misleading.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Change the name of the thread, It is very much misleading.

Cilus, you are a Mod, right?? change the header.

@OP: didnt you make a thread on a rig config few days back??

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/168475-enquiry.html

What happened?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

dude seriously??? 42k gpu in a 60-65k rig...???
i have budget of 80 k and still m not considering anything above 7950....
anyway if u can just try to exchange the gpu or return it
the ramaining amount is too low for a high end rig...
if u can extend to like 10k it might help...
the thing is even if people suggest a good rig in 30k it might bottleneck ur gpu....
i seriously suggest to exchange the gpu with someone using barter system....

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

processor- i5 3470 - Rs 11300
motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H - Rs 5500
ram - Gskill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 4 GB - Rs 1600
smps - Corsair GS500 - Rs 4000
monitor- Dell ST2240L - Rs 9000
hdd - 500Gb - Rs 3400

Total - Rs 34,800.

This is bare minimum considering the card that you bought!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

processor- i5 3470 - Rs 11300
motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H - Rs 5500
ram - Gskill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 4 GB - Rs 1600
smps - Corsair GS500 - Rs 4000
hdd - 500Gb - Rs 3400

Total - Rs 34,800.

This is bare minimum considering the card that you bought!

If you can spend Rs 2500 more for overclocking, get the

FX8350 - Rs 12300
Asus M5A97 - Rs 6500

That would take your total to Rs 37,300

Myth

Cyborg Agent

I seriously lol'ed hard when i read the answer to Q9.
OP do consider the option of returning that piece.
There are a lot of options in that budget. asus 7970, 7870 cfx, 660ti sli.

And extend that budget and atleast take the intel config posted by The Incinerator.

@cilus can you please help me change the the title i am kinda new and i apolagize to everyone in this forum for misleading anyone if at all
@anirbandd *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/168872-please-help.html.....check it i did went to buy the rig didn't find anything was frustrated after a days work took it bought it returned home and that's the story...i don't drink and drive for the reference
@incinerator you know my pain :cry: .......it helps you know :(.......i want to overclock...and i posses only 40k now thats the maximum and i mean it i cant strech anymore...on the wider range i will get my salary on the 2nd of feb so will be able to spend on the system.....
@myth i hope i have not made a mistake by going for the 680 over a sli or crossfire(of 7850 or 660ti) yes it might be that the performance is more but it consumes way to much power...also i have the headroom for going in for a 680 sli in the future

@at everyone returning is not an option anymore its officially confirmed

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

i think he need to add atleast around 10-15k in budget else he'll regret later....

don't wory about the card mate its a heck of a good card.....

just extend ur budget and u'll have the incredible rig at your disposal.........

@op don't return it just find some one in the forum who will like to buy that .....

or exchange it with someone.....

but in 40 k u'll have i5 3570k so don't wory dude.......

i think he need to add atleast around 10-15k in budget else he'll regret later....

don't wory about the card mate its a heck of a good card.....

just extend ur budget and u'll have the incredible rig at your disposal.........

yes i have extended that to 40k now but its the maximum....also do you know how to change the thread's title ???

vkl

Cyborg Agent

@Godoftheforbiddenlight
Edit your budget in the first post and convey any of the mods with an appropriate thread title like "Suggestion for a PC" or something that you want to use.

intel

processor-i5 3570K-13500
mobo-asrock z77 extreme 4 -10000
ram-ripjaw 4gb 1600-1450
smps-corsair 650tx-5500
hdd- i'll borrow a 250gb from a friend till the 2nd of feb

total-Rs 39500

amd

processor-amd fx 8350-12000
motherboard-any 990fx board-10000
ram-ripjaw 8gb 1600 - 3000
smps-corsair 650tx-5500
hdd- i'll borrow a 250gb from a friend till the 2nd of feb

total rs39500

will this suffice????

or any improvements on this tell me now i'll go for the kill soon....the 680 is roaring:twisted:

@Godoftheforbiddenlight
Edit your budget in the first post and convey any of the mods with an appropriate thread title like "Suggestion for a PC" or something that you want to use.

roger that

Myth

Cyborg Agent

@myth i hope i have not made a mistake by going for the 680 over a sli or crossfire(of 7850 or 660ti) yes it might be that the performance is more but it consumes way to much power...also i have the headroom for going in for a 680 sli in the future

@at everyone returning is not an option anymore its officially confirmed

Its not a mistake as single gpu purchase. Its just that it consumed the larger chunk of a limited budget restricting a balanced config. It will take a little more effort now to balance the rest of the config.
Otherwise its a great gpu.
Since returning is out of question, congrats on the confirmed ownership :D

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Some cooler for over clocking??
[My suggestion dont overclock now add cooler later and then overclock or else .....]

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The h100 is usually for high end OCing. Take something better than the asrock extreme4.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ips panel monitor, overclockable durable motherboard, tx smps ,hmm in my opinion everything is perfect now ...

go hit the store...

Last edited:
Top Bottom