Theitdepot - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard
ram-ripjaw 4gb 1600-1450
monitor- Dell ST2240L - Rs 9000
smps-corsair 650tx-5500
hdd- i'll borrow a 250gb from a friend till the 2nd of feb

You are good to go.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i saw the asus 7970 matrix too i just don't know what happened to me :3....i guess i won't regret

The only mistake you made was opting for a 4gb reference card with such a high price tag. You would have got much better gtx 680 non reference cards at almost 10k cheaper prices.
4gb is overkill or i must say superkill for 1080p gaming.

Anyway since you have the card, no need to be upset about it. Its still a very strong gpu core with brilliant performance after new drivers.
Get the amd rig as you'll be using maya and autodesk apps which are heavily multithreaded.
FX 8350 is recommended here considering your tight budget.

i do work on my pc....i am doing some research need to work on various software's for designing and analysis purposes....gaming and work both are of high priority...i had considered the fx8350 previously but now my plans gone haywire...in short which will be better fx8350 or i53570k.....i will highly overclock it after i install a cooler

the 4gb is not actually an overkill as i am planing on a multi monitor display

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
design s/w which make use of multicores will work better on FX8350. add to that excellent OC-ability, and you have got a winner.

how are going to manage multi display on 25-30k??

Cilus

laborare est orare
If gaming is the only need then i5 3570K is the best choice. But since you're going to use some heavily multithreaded applications, FX-8350 is recommended, considered the overall package. It is now available at 11.5K in Nehru place, offers huge overclocking potential, comes with a very good cooler which helps you to reach 4.3 GHz with relative ease, availability of cheaper Motherboard like Asus M5A97 @ 6.6K with great overclocking suppport....Get it buddy.

yes i am going in for amd as in my office nearly all the intel machines fail compared to the amd machines.....the super computer we have for high level analysis has intel xeon and somehow it has more than 4 cpu's in it rather than core's(yes four cpu's).....our company uses an unique analysis software for analysing the various factors during the movement of a vehicle like torque,stress,etc and i tried the same analysis on a amd machine(fx8350) the main workstation with 4+ cpu's completed the analysis in less than 8 minutes...the amd took 17mins..which by all means blowed me away i mean...the amd pc is about 1/10 the price of the main workstation and still performed amazingly...the intel cpu's took 30+ mins to do the same....intel cpu's are mainly i5's and i7's....there are few i3's aswell they failed almost everytime so i guess its a practical analysis that in a multitasking environment nothing beats the fx8350 for the money

design s/w which make use of multicores will work better on FX8350. add to that excellent OC-ability, and you have got a winner.

how are going to manage multi display on 25-30k??

i will in a month or two...what i meant was by going for higher vram i have the scope for the setup

the i7 3960x actually does it in 13+ a few secs......event then the price point is highly debate-able

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, the reason is not probably because the Intel Xeon CPUs are weak. I think your company is using the older Xeon Processors which lacks most of the advanced instructions set support which might be present in the software you are using. As a result those Xeon processors need to execute the code path in conventional way. AMD Piledriver architecture does have huge number of advanced instruction supports even missing in 3rd Gen Core Processors or Ivy Bridge.
As a result the software is making use of the advanced instruction set support in the FX series processor, resulting relatively faster execution.
Another thing, although due to the lack of proper support of Scheduling logic in WIn 7 (as well as in WIn 8 till now), BD and PD always perform lower in Windows environment. But in Server environment where workload and scheduling logic is different in nature, even the older Bulldozer based Opteron Processors perform well.

Well, the reason is not probably because the Intel Xeon CPUs are weak. I think your company is using the older Xeon Processors which lacks most of the advanced instructions set support which might be present in the software you are using. As a result those Xeon processors need to execute the code path in conventional way. AMD Piledriver architecture does have huge number of advanced instruction supports even missing in 3rd Gen Core Processors or Ivy Bridge.
As a result the software is making use of the advanced instruction set support in the FX series processor, resulting relatively faster execution.
Another thing, although due to the lack of proper support of Scheduling logic in WIn 7 (as well as in WIn 8 till now), BD and PD always perform lower in Windows environment. But in Server environment where workload and scheduling logic is different in nature, even the older Bulldozer based Opteron Processors perform well.

I never said xeon are weak...the xeon's (4+ of them) did the analysis in 8minutes....whereas the amd rig took 17mins.....the xeon's still perform better than the fx but c'mon its 4+ against one....also the fx rig is 1/10 the price....a machine with i7 3960x did the whole thing in 13+ minutes.....therefore the i7 is pretty new but still it is just barely faster than the fx (look at the price performance ratio).....we have an IT department and the main workstation (the size of my apartment) is updated every now and then......cancelling out the chances of it using old processors (though its just my assumption) ......but yes the other pc's having i5's and i7's are old thats a fact and take 30+ minutes

but its a fact that on a windows environment the fx seems like a tank in a jungle :D

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i wonder what will be the performance of 3770k?? if 3960x takes 13+minutes...

i don't think they would be updating the mainframe hardware everytime.....

Cilus

laborare est orare
I never said xeon are weak...the xeon's (4+ of them) did the analysis in 8minutes....whereas the amd rig took 17mins.....the xeon's still perform better than the fx but c'mon its 4+ against one....also the fx rig is 1/10 the price....a machine with i7 3960x did the whole thing in 13+ minutes.....therefore the i7 is pretty new but still it is just barely faster than the fx (look at the price performance ratio).....we have an IT department and the main workstation (the size of my apartment) is updated every now and then......cancelling out the chances of it using old processors (though its just my assumption) ......but yes the other pc's having i5's and i7's are old thats a fact and take 30+ minutes

but its a fact that on a windows environment the fx seems like a tank in a jungle :D

Why I thought so: because FX 8350 supports instructions like FMA3 and FMA4 and there are no Intel Processors released till now supporting those. They'll be introduced in Hashwell for the 1st time. So any apps supporting the FMA instruction sets will run faster with AMD FX series.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
@OP : Post the updated system config atleast once every page. Otherwise it will be tough keeping track of the suggestion/changes over a few pages.

If you plan on OCing proc and gpu, the corsair gs600 can handle the config with sufficient headroom to spare.
Else a 500w is ok, but limits too many power consuming additions to the system.

corsair hx series or seasonic x series....can anyone tell me which one to go with ???

both are 80+ gold

my rig would be

fx8350
asus m5a97
gskills sniper 1600 4*2
wd 1 tb
dell i quite exactly don't know the model it costed 8700 21.5
asus dvd rw
gtx 680

this is the config guys.....i will go for three monitors soon enough....and i will massively overclock both gpu and cpu

i am having confusion with the power supply as to how much i need in terms of power....i am stuck on the corsair hx vs seasonic X......

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
4*2 GB why??

You could add 1*8 now and add another later??
would allow more memory slots vacant + 8350 can use better ram once programs start using more ram (AFAIK [credits:-cilius] upcoming programs will use more ram as ram modules are getting cheaper and cheaper. You can add 1 now and another in 6 months then you will have 2*8 GB RAM just in time as the programs will be needing more RAM (or a little before but it wont hurt))
Kingston HyperX Blue (3.1K) is very good as it over clocks very well[credits:-cilius,again ]

you can get it running at 2k mhz without losing much stability.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Corsair HX series, because it is corsair :D
Take the gskill ripjaws instead of the sniper.
The dell model might be st2240l.

Top Bottom