Suggestion for a new graphic card ?

Justin

Right off the assembly line
Hello there friends,
My graphic card is gigabyte 8600 gt with 512 mb ddr2 video memory. As in most new game the lowest card is 8800 gt now am thinking to upgrade to a new one but before that i would like to know what would be best buy in terms of value to money n long lasting. Also the new card should be able to ran heavy titles at decent sittings. I would like to over clock the card please suggest accordingly.

My configuration is :

Intel C2D 2.66 GHz E6750
3 GB of DDR2 Ram
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
360 Gb Samsung HDD
Gigabyte 8600 gt with 512 mb ddr2 video memory (Graphic Card)
450 watt Intex pcu

Please suggest a better card that can run newer games with much ease an this my budget is around 8000 Rs

Thanks You

clmlbx

Technomancer
You will also have to upgrade your PSU. So here is it what you can get in 8k

Option 1

saphire HD 6670 1Gb DDR3 For 4700 or DDR5 Model For 5450

Corsair 500W PSU for 2995

With DDR3 Model :- Total = 7695

With DDR5 Model :- Total = 8445

Option 2 (Better IMO)

Saphire HD 6750 1GB DDR5 : -6200
FSP Saga 500W :- 2090

Total :- 8290

Last edited:
OP
J

Justin

Thanks for the suggestion. I am such more similar with nivida graphic cards than ati's. could u please suggest an nivida counter part for the ati card u suggested also b/c i want trust nivida more than ati.

Thkx again :-o

clmlbx

Technomancer
Nvidia does not have any Graphic card comparing to HD 6750.. closest one is

Zotac GTS 450 1GB DDR5 :- 6700 or DDR3 version 5750

DDR5 is Better. IMO you should go with ATI

Cilus

laborare est orare
At the budget of yours AMD/ATI cards make more sense. HD 6790's closet Nvidia counterpart is GT 550 Ti, priced around 8K, has lower performance and very high power consumption than HD 6790.
So get the AMD HD 6790 from MSI, available around 8.1/8.3k.

Tarun

In the zone
get a 6770 or a GTS 450 and a Decent PSU like the Corsair CX 430 V2 or (i would suggest a CX500 will be more future proof :)) You are getting a sapphire 6770 for like 6.5k and a zotac GTS 450 DDR5 for 6.6k ur choice buddy

clmlbx

Technomancer
At the budget of yours AMD/ATI cards make more sense. HD 6790's closet Nvidia counterpart is GT 550 Ti, priced around 8K, has lower performance and very high power consumption than HD 6790.
So get the AMD HD 6790 from MSI, available around 8.1/8.3k.

You missed he has total budget of 8k and He is using Intex Psu:wink:

My Recommendation

Option 2 (Better IMO)

Saphire HD 6750 1GB DDR5 : -6200
FSP Saga 500W :- 2090

clmlbx

Technomancer
No Fighting Just coming to Correct conclusion....:)

GeForce GTS 450 1GB vs Radeon HD 6750 1GB – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

only thing it lacks in little less clock speed and pixel rate.. Does that make that difference. Overall 6750 beats GTS 450

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
No Fighting Just coming to Correct conclusion....:)

GeForce GTS 450 1GB vs Radeon HD 6750 1GB – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

only thing it lacks in little less clock speed and pixel rate.. Does that make that difference. Overall 6750 beats GTS 450

look at game benches not texel rate etc benches.
in some games 5750 also does better.

so i think the one thats cheaper will do.

and clocks cant be compared for different architectures.

------------------------------------------

MSI R6770-MD1GD5
a 6770 is 6.8k
combined with fsp saga II 400/500 it will be much better buy. worth extra bucks.

OP
J

Justin

Thanks You to all for your advices i have check out all of the suggestion that where provided here from "Saphire HD 6750" to "MSI HD 6790 " to " GTS 450" to "MSI R6770-MD1GD5"
and agree that investing into something that provides value to your hard earned money is best all of the suggestion made are excellent & mouth watering but investing heavily into a system that getting old itself my not be wise as most game today demand
C2D on normal basis may be in an year or soo games might shift to tri core quard core or even 5 core in such case investment more that what i already have doe not seems right. My confusion is about the suggestion made by "jaskanwar " suggesting MSI R6770-MD1GD5
is it better than Saphire HD 6750 1GB DDR5 please make a opion about this also adding 200 or 300 bucks more is not a concern.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya. Get the 6770 from MSI.

A good PSU is a must. Intex would kill your system. Check out the sticky thread in the Power Supply section.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ 8k getting Sapphire HD6790 ( around ~7.9k ) makes more sense but Op needs to get a decent PSU like Corsair CX430v2 @ 2.2k along with this = so the budget will reach 10k mark.

even if Op gets HD6770 @ ~6.5k he the total cost will reach around ~8.7k - so no way OP can get a gpood PSu + GPU under 8k - he needs to spend more.

@ OP - at what screen resolution you will play games - the gfx card buying really depends on this ;-)

OP
J

Justin

I have a 22" lg led ... mostly games start high but i down scale them to get performances over looks .......... with that said could u suggest good online store to buy these items & please include price as well...

thkx

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Get a HD6850 @ 9.3k - it's the minimum you require to play games at HD resolution with mid to high settings depending on the games but you current CPU may be a bottleneck and you'll need to get a good PSu as well - like corsair CX430v2 @ 2.2k ;-)

OP
J

Justin

^^ Get a HD6850 @ 9.3k - it's the minimum you require to play games at HD resolution with mid to high settings depending on the games but you current CPU may be a bottleneck and you'll need to get a good PSu as well - like corsair CX430v2 @ 2.2k ;-)

Umm. guest o.k then would have to wait another month for this but i have decided to go for "XFX HD-679X-ZDFC AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series" n buy it online from flipkart.com at a price of 8896 Rs .... its said the it require a minimum of 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors. please suggest a psu of above specification & mention price also. I am also going to do this at home hope everthg goes well. Any suggestions are welcomed

THKX

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i thought build quality as well as after sales service of XFX cards is low compared to brands like sapphire or things have improved now-a-days.

Top Bottom