Suggest: SGR or LG O2x or anything else

rachitsaran

Broken In
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy an Android Smartphone in early Feb 2012. May be modding it a bit but not heavily.

1. Budget? 17-23k
2. Display type and size? Biggest in the price bracket, should be scratch resistant and not a finger print magnet.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar, ofc
4. Preferred choice of brand? None (not a Sammy fanboi :neutral:)
5. Preferred input method? Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Atleast 5MP, Front Facing camera-a must along with Autofocus, Flash
7. Preferred operating system? Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? All
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Flash support-a must, along with a good and responsive GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? A bit of all with slightly heavier gaming and playing videos, music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? LG O2x, SGR, SGSPlus
12. Any other info that you want to share? Yes, I would like to know if there are any 4G Android Smartphones coming up. Also, am open to any other suggestions.

aroraanant

Explorer
It would have been good if you would have posted this in Feb only so that we could suggest with the latest prices and the latest models available at that particular time
Anyways this time Galaxy R is the one for which you should look out for.

Last edited:
OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Thanks.

But, today is 25th Jan. And, I am looking to buy it by 4-5 Feb.
So, I think it's the right time to research. And don't worry about the price. I will get a fair price from where I will be buying.

Anyway, any other inputs?
Why the SGR?
Why not the O2X?

Would really appreciate if you could elaborate a bit more.

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
I'm using my SGR for about two weeks. No issues so far. Let me know if u need info about SGR. Not sure about O2X. Haven't used it.

Soumik

Padawan
SGR... cause...
bigger and better display than O2X...
better build.
5mp is good enough with its good image clarity. (O2X scores here with 8mp)
Samsung better at giving software updates than LG in high end section
Touch Wiz more customizable than LG UI.
Better baterry life(subjective to use but i dont have good records of LG high end battery life)
4get s+ in front of these babies.
4G hasnt launched in india.. unlikely any manufacturer would launch anytime soon. Reliance is launching 4G in probably Q3... so expect first cdma 4g(lte in all probability) phones to start selling that time around...

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
SGR is the phone u shud go for..

as u wrote u'll be gaming heavily or watching videos... dual-core with bigger screen will give u much better experience...

red dragon

Master troll
^^Both come with dual core.
OX2`s display is fantastic.
The only problem of the LG is slightly smaller battery.

Buy whatever is cheaper.

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon

Master troll
SGR... cause...
bigger and better display than O2X...
better build.
5mp is good enough with its good image clarity. (O2X scores here
O2X's display is just fantastic.
Camera is just average for both.
Even Samsung has very bad history of giving updates even for their flagship models.
SGR will never get the priority of Samsung for updstes.
TW though widely hated,is actually very nice and easy to use.
And it is lot more battery and RAM friendly than the much loved sense u.i.
LG's skin over android is nothing great but more sensible than the utter garbage Sense u.i.

One thing I really loved in o2x is the s.q through a decent iem.
Mostly neutral and absolutely inaudible cpu whine(I can easily hear the cpu in gs2 and even in galaxyR with SM3)

I am actually surprised that no one praises LG for the very good s.q.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
O2X display is IPS LCD... it is definitely good.. but isnt SC-LCD better than Lg's screen? I just thought so.. cause SC-LCDs look real nice... never compared the two though, just seen o2X in videos.
both are bad in updates... but i feel Samsung is slightly better... But as u said.. SGR might not sammy's full attention..
not sure abt sound quality.... if lg is better... o2x really sounds better with its lower price tag... :)

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
^^Both come with dual core.

yea.. i know, but thts for excluding SGS+ from consideration until he's fond of SAmoled display

.2" bigger display & twice the RAM can be bought in almost identical budget
if tht doesn't make any differences to the OP thn he shud go for O2x if he find it cheaper...

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
One thing I really loved in o2x is the s.q through a decent iem.
Mostly neutral and absolutely inaudible cpu whine(I can easily hear the cpu in gs2 and even in galaxyR with SM3)

I am actually surprised that no one praises LG for the very good s.q.

Exactly. I think there are too many Sammy fanbois here.
As I said, I am not at all bothered by the brand. Whichever is the better phone, I will go for it.

Also, I think no one here compared the hdmi cable LG is providing with the O2x.

Plus, I heard that the SGR's memory is non-expandable.

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║

if u don't like any member's suggestion simply ignore that... no offense

& SGR's memory can be expanded by further 32GB by adding a microSD

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
if u don't like any member's suggestion simply ignore that... no offense

& SGR's memory can be expanded by further 32GB by adding a microSD

Dude, It's not that I don't like the members' suggestions.

It's just that simple posts like 'Go for SGR' or 'SGR rocks' etc annoy me.
I mean don't they seem like Sammy fanbois posting these? They rarely give any reasons let alone compare the asked Smartphones. These are the kind of guys who bought their first touchphones and are wow'ed by it, without even looking at its competitors.

All I want is suggestions from some expert guys in the field.
Some one who has used both the phones/knows all about them. Not just that one's screen is bigger, other has more RAM, hence go for it. SORRY, DOESN'T WORK.

P.S. - We all know that the cliche 'More RAM is better' is not true for Android Phones. It's all about how you use it.

red dragon

Master troll
As I said, I am not at all bothered by the brand. Whichever is the better phone, I will go for it.

Oye!!
I am sort of a Sammy fanboy.
But only when it comes between Sammy and htc.

LG is a good brand,so is Motorola.
Sony is mostly about hype.
htc is the worst;they do not realise people actually listen to mp3s on smartphones.
When they realized,they bring up a joke...Beats audio(crappiest audio ever)

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Oye!!
I am sort of a Sammy fanboy.
But only when it comes between Sammy and htc.

LG is a good brand,so is Motorola.
Sony is mostly about hype.
htc is the worst;they do not realise people actually listen to mp3s on smartphones.

OK.
I don't want to buy HTC too. Don't know why but I just don't like 'em.
LG/Samsung it is for me.
Any thoughts on SE Neo V?
And Motorola Phones?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

LG peoples are lazy as well morons. Samsung launches good product, does ads that attract peoples & at least sends out one update as scheduled for the highend range. look at LG. LG Optimus 2X still stuck in Gingerbread. Black receiving 2.3 update recently. though this only matters for peoples who bother about official updates & all.

even after launching mobile, you won't find any ads. 2X is one heck of a mobile. it got both powerful processor as well as a lot better screen & camera than its competitors but then again lack of timely update (or update) may force some to go for other alternates. moreover not many peoples care about what free stuff is given with the mobile. they just want to shout the name of their favorite brand :smile:

Also, what about SE Neo V?
And Motorola Android Phones?

there are 2 problems with Motorola: locked bootloader & lack of service center. Also mobiles are also overpriced if you compare with other brands.

at 17-18k ,Neo V is one mobile that you should look for. cause Defy+ just renames the interface (no more Motorola Blur) & brings a higher clocked processor. Timescape UI is heavy, i agree but it doesn't hamper the performance of the mobile or acts as bloatware as in case of SenseUI.

It's just that simple posts like 'Go for SGR' or 'SGR rocks' etc annoy me.
I mean don't they seem like Sammy fanbois posting these? They rarely give any reasons let alone compare the asked Smartphones. These are the kind of guys who bought their first touchphones and are wow'ed by it, without even looking at its competitors.

if you are annoyed by just 2-3 fanboyish comments, i'll suggest going through a few more threads. most are spammed like hell about Samsung mobile with 2-3 word posts :neutral:

beats audio is a marketing gimmick. but don't get surprised if you see someone trying to prove HTC is BEST :wink:

I don't want to buy HTC too. Don't know why but I just don't like 'em.

HTC = overpriced, overweight (both skin as well as weight) & crap battery.

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
LG peoples are lazy as well morons. Samsung launches good product, does ads that attract peoples & at least sends out one update as scheduled for the highend range. look at LG. LG Optimus 2X still stuck in Gingerbread. Black receiving 2.3 update recently. though this only matters for peoples who bother about official updates & all.

even after launching mobile, you won't find any ads. 2X is one heck of a mobile. it got both powerful processor as well as a lot better screen & camera than its competitors but then again lack of timely update (or update) may force some to go for other alternates. moreover not many peoples care about what free stuff is given with the mobile. they just want to shout the name of their favorite brand :smile:

there are 2 problems with Motorola: locked bootloader & lack of service center. Also mobiles are also overpriced if you compare with other brands.

at 17-18k ,Neo V is one mobile that you should look for. cause Defy+ just renames the interface (no more Motorola Blur) & brings a higher clocked processor. Timescape UI is heavy, i agree but it doesn't hamper the performance of the mobile or acts as bloatware as in case of SenseUI.

if you are annoyed by just 2-3 fanboyish comments, i'll suggest going through a few more threads. most are spammed like hell about Samsung mobile with 2-3 word posts :neutral:

beats audio is a marketing gimmick. but don't get surprised if you see someone trying to prove HTC is BEST :wink:

Thanks. I think I will go for LG Optimus 2X soon. Any one here using that phone?
Please contact me ASAP.

aroraanant

Explorer

I don't think so they are overpriced and overweight.
Hmmm about battery there were issues in old models but not anymore.
I may sound like a fanboy but I just share what I feel and have experienced.
The only thing which I don't like about HTC is that they don't concentrate on sound quality(specially the earphones sound).It is just ok not very good.But apart from that,the performance,screen and everything is very good.

Top Bottom