Suggest Point & Shoot Digital Camera

Anish

Spectre
Considering aftersales support, its wise to stick with canon..

@praks :BTW, i cant understand why you ignored the sx130 ls dude

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Praks...if u really want aftersales support then get canon...

Canons have good P&S no doubt about that..

@Anish Sx130 IS uses AA cell and looks fat and big maybe thats the reason he is not considering it

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@Anish
sujoy is right, SX130 is kid of DSLR & AA batts, I dont need that one.

Damn, Panasonic issues. somehow was sure on taking Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3. Will check out warranty things in their showroom. They come with good 3 years warranty.

If not will go with Canon IXUS 115 HS.

Anish

Spectre
@praks: can you pls explain what do you mean by dslr kid? it concerns me coz i have that cam.. its shoots pretty gud picts

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@Anish
I meant in Size its kid of DSLR. It has similar look & size of DSLR :)

@aroraanant
Thank you
Some how Dont like Sony due to its great lag while clicking the switch & cam taking the photo. Nikon never thought of it.

Mostly taking Canon 115 HS / Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3 / Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8

aroraanant

Explorer
Nikon is a very good brand dude,its more preferred over sony n panasonic though canon gives it a tough competition but canon cameras are quite costly and lacks in features.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nikon is still not the best among point and shoot..

Still i would rank Canon Panasonic and sony above nikon

Sounava

In the zone
Except for Nikon P300 and Nikon S9100, other cameras are not that good in performance from the Nikon camp in the below 20k range.

Yeah I concur with sujoy above.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
While everyone has already mentioned the good ones from Canon, Nikon and Panasonic, I'd like to add the Samsung WB600/650 and the Casio Exilim H15. Both are good models, though the Samsung has 15x zoom compared to the Casio's 10x. They produce comparable images to each other and are available in the OP's price range.

(AFAIK Samsung cameras did have a promotion going for extended warranty sometime back. Don't know if this still applies. Other than Panasonic, Kodak gives a 2-year warranty on their cameras. Don't know about the rest).

Sounava

In the zone
Ah yes the Samsung WB600 is a good camera.
And accelerator, don't worry will read the Kodak review and report back. Helluva busy now X(

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Finally after a long long search decided to take - Canon IXUS 115 HS

Reason of leaving Panasonic - Very very few service centers. Sadly in few states only 1 city has support center in whole state.

Canon has rocking number of service centers & Canon is just 1 year less warranty then Panasonic.

Canon India Warranty - 2 years
Panasonic India Warranty - 3 years.

Small Confusion on Canon IXUS 115 HS..
Any advice on color to take ? Silver or Grey ? Does any color make less dirty ?

letsbuy offers at 11,605 Rs with 4 GB SDHC Card + Carry Case
flipkart offers at 11605 Rs with 4 GB SD Card+8 GB SD Card+Camera pouch

flipkart seems a best deal with extra 8 GB card :) Does flipkart have coupons >

Sounava

In the zone
If you take great care of your camera it will look new for ages. My camera bought in 2004 still looks like it was bought yesterday. I can show you pics if you want.

And yes flipkart seems the better deal, but they don't have coupons.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@Sounava
I know my friend, but problem is you never know what happens to moving part like Camera when you are touring & various people taking photos.

If Couple goes out for tour, They may have to hand over cam to some one else so they both come in one frame :) It might fall down too.

Not taking risk of Panasonic due to very less service centers.

Flipkart is giving 2 GB as well 8 GB card too, Any idea why is that so ?

Sounava

In the zone
About flipkart: They are famous for great deals on memory cards and pendrives. 8GB SanDisk pendrive is available for 470/- only. So I am not surprised to see them bundle another extra card to attract more customers.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Going ahead with flipkart. Though bit choosy on coupons.

Khojguru had one flipkart coupon but expired. Will wait for few days, If nothing comes.

Will go ehad without coupon :)

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Finally got IXUS 115 HS for 9300 Rs, with 4 GB Card & pouch.

Awesome cam.

@Sounava
I am checking out Case logic.

Can you please recommend Camera Case which is fall proof (pretty strong) & preferably water resistant for IXUS ?

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@missharry
Thank you for your advice, bit late, Cam is already purchased :)

@Sounava
Can you please recommend Camera Case which is fall proof (pretty strong) & preferably water resistant for IXUS ? Is Case Logic good ?

Top Bottom