Suggest Me The Best Gaming Headsets Under 6k!

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Hi,

I am looking for some good gaming headsets under 6k. I'll be using them mainly for gaming and for watching movies on my phone/iPad. I'll also be carrying them while travelling so I don't really want something that is extra large.

More details on what I need:

Budget: 6k
Usage: Mainly for gaming and movies. Sometimes for music.
Compatibility: PC. PS3 and Phone also if possible.
Requirements: Possibly something with 5.1 or 7.1 3D surround sound. Portability will be a plus.

I am a noob when it comes to audio, so I do not really know anything about headsets etc. Let me know what you have in mind.

Thanks,
Krish

Sarath

iDota
I would also suggest this Flipkart.com: Roccat Kave Real 5.1 Surround sound Gaming Headset: Headset for 5.1 sound wired
*img4.flixcart.com/acc/thumb/V/G/P/ACCDY5USTMYPMVGP.jpg

OR this

Wireless Stereo Headset for the PS3? system - Wireless Headphones - PlayStation®3 Accessories for PS3 + PC compatibility and it's wireless.
*webassetsi.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/scph-98077_packart.jpg

Both the above ones can't be used with phone. The ROccat maybe.

for stereo sound you can go with the Steelseries Siberia V2 or Razer Flipkart.com: Razer Carcharias Gaming Headphones: Headset

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
I really like the first ones i.e. Roccat Kave.

Do you know where I can find them in Delhi? All the online stores currently do not have them in stock.
Also, do you know of any other headsets which are better? I can increase my budget a little if required.

Sarath

iDota
Do you have anyone coming from US?
If yes then look at the Turtlebeach PX5, hyperexpensive at $220 (retail $250)

On topic: Both nextworld & FK as you say are out of stock. You can wait for a while, write to them or search locally in a place called Nehru Bazaar I guess in Delhi. Please ask someone from Delhi about that. I've never been there.

Other headsets...Oh sorry I missed the point where you said you want it portable.
Also do you have use for the mic feature in the headset? If not you can get a stereo headphone which will be good for music, games, movies etc everything.

The Roccat Kave has 5 connectors. I will get back with more options if you are ok with stereo headphones.

5.1 / 7.1 virtual or real: Roccat Kave, SS siberia V1 & V2 with USB steelseries soundcard, Tritton AXPro, Turtlebeach Earforce PX3, PX5, Z6A, DPX21 -----5000-15000

Stereo headsets: Most comfortable is Razer carcharias, apart from Tritton AX720, AX180, Siberia V2, Siberia V1, Logitech -model no. forgot etc

will get back wtih more

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Yes, I do require a mic in the headset since I'll also be using them with Skype. And I only want something with 5.1/7.1 surround sound since I do not listen to a lot of music.

I'll try going to NextWorld tomorrow (which is just next to my house), and if they do not have them, I'll visit Nehru Place and search for them.

By the way, I'll be going to the US this year in September for my undergraduate studies, but I do not really want to wait that much.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ krish - roccat kave is really not 'portable', but if you can get a custom carry-case built for it, then its all good. otherwise you could get one of those simulated surround sound headphones like suggested by sarath above. BTW, you could also look into buying the audio-technica AD700. its got great reviews esp. for gaming, and users say that with this headphone, they dont give a damn to all those surround sound headsets. but since it doesnt come with a mic, you could get one separately, like this one :

*www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pd_sim_e_1

Sarath

iDota
Even I was going to suggest the awesome AD700 with a clip on mic (extra to be bought seperately) but OP might not like to do with the hassle.

Also simulated 3D, have not much idea how good or bad that is right now. You can ask tkin about his Steelseries Siberia with the USB sound card.

But for all that you have asked, only the Roccat Kave fits your description. Lucky for you its good for music too. Needless to say its awesome for games and movie, as it's real 3D and no gimmics. Ghormanas owns them. I am merely a fan :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Kave is out of stock everywhere, get the Siberia and buy the Siberia USB soundcard.

Simulated 3d actually works pretty good, worked fine on my siberias, yet to test them with my M35.

Also there is this available for 3k in flipkart: Razer Electra - Gaming Headset | Razer Online Store | For Gamers. by Gamers.?
No idea about sound quality, search for some reviews.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Thanks guys.

I am planning to go with the Roccat Kave, since they seem to suit my requirements. The only problem now is their availability. Does anyone know where I can get them? Any particular shop in Nehru Place or somewhere else in Delhi?

Also, I have an Intel DX58SO motherboard. Do you think it would be a good idea to get a sound card too? If yes, should I buy the Xonar DX or will a Xonar DG be enough for me?

Kave is out of stock everywhere, get the Siberia and buy the Siberia USB soundcard.

Simulated 3d actually works pretty good, worked fine on my siberias, yet to test them with my M35.

Also there is this available for 3k in flipkart: Razer Electra - Gaming Headset | Razer Online Store | For Gamers. by Gamers.?
No idea about sound quality, search for some reviews.

Do you know when they'll be available again? I can wait a bit if required.

Sarath

iDota
Does your mobo have inbuilt 5.1? If no then you need a sound card. If yes, then you can get a sound card later after checking out the Kave. Needless to say you will definitely see improvements on a dedicated sound card.

tkin

Back to school!!
No idea when, but you can wait atleast a month or so.

If you want a soundcard get Xonar DX, DS if you can, I don't think DG is a good idea.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Does your mobo have inbuilt 5.1? If no then you need a sound card. If yes, then you can get a sound card later after checking out the Kave. Needless to say you will definitely see improvements on a dedicated sound card.

It has inbuilt 7.1 audio. I think I'll wait for the Kave first and then decide.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
No idea when, but you can wait atleast a month or so.

If you want a soundcard get Xonar DX, DS if you can, I don't think DG is a good idea.

How about the SteelSeries 7H? Have you tried them out? Are they better than Siberia V2 and Roccat Kave?
Also, does the USB sound card come bundled with 7H or will I have to buy it separately?

The reason why I am looking at the 7H is because they are portable and I'll also be able to use them with my PS3/Xbox 360/Phone.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
How about the SteelSeries 7H? Have you tried them out? Are they better than Siberia V2 and Roccat Kave?
Also, does the USB sound card come bundled with 7H or will I have to buy it separately?

The reason why I am looking at the 7H is because they are portable and I'll also be able to use them with my PS3/Xbox 360/Phone.
7H USB comes with USB soundcard, but for gaming this combo beats all.

Audio technica AD700+Steelseries USB soundcard.

Should cost you about 8k, same as 7H.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
7H USB comes with USB soundcard, but for gaming this combo beats all.

Audio technica AD700+Steelseries USB soundcard.

Should cost you about 8k, same as 7H.

The problem with the AD 700 is the lack of a microphone, since I do not want a seperate clip on mic.
What about the Logitech G35? Are they any good?

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Okay, after a lot of research, I decided to buy two headsets - 1 for gaming, music, movies, and the other for talking on my phone/skype.

I went ahead and bought the Audio Technica ATH-AD 700 + Asus Xonar DX combo for gaming, movies, and music, from PristineNote. Can't wait for the delivery, now!

For talking on the phone/skype, I am planning to buy a simple pair of wireless bluetooth headsets. I will only be using them for talking (no music etc.), so quality does not really matter to me. I should just be able to talk to and hear the other person clearly. I want their shape to be more like normal PC headphones, as I am not really comfortable with any earphone styled headsets. My budget for them is 2k maximum.
I searched a few different headsets and found 2 that suit my budget - Nokia BH 503 and the Motorola S305. Does anyone have any feedback on these two headsets?

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay, after a lot of research, I decided to buy two headsets - 1 for gaming, music, movies, and the other for talking on my phone/skype.

I went ahead and bought the Audio Technica ATH-AD 700 + Asus Xonar DX combo for gaming, movies, and music, from PristineNote. Can't wait for the delivery, now!

For talking on the phone/skype, I am planning to buy a simple pair of wireless bluetooth headsets. I will only be using them for talking (no music etc.), so quality does not really matter to me. I should just be able to talk to and hear the other person clearly. I want their shape to be more like normal PC headphones, as I am not really comfortable with any earphone styled headsets. My budget for them is 2k maximum.
I searched a few different headsets and found 2 that suit my budget - Nokia BH 503 and the Motorola S305. Does anyone have any feedback on these two headsets?
This one is good enough for chatting purposes, uses RF, so very long range(unlike bluetooth), I read a review in TE/Ero where they guy said he can speak through 2 walls on these.
Mitashi Cordless Headphone - BILL + WARRANTY | eBay

I am going to buy one soon.

This one is for PC only, I'm looking for a headphone to use with mobiles for you.

Will this do for mobile?
Nokia BH 503 bluetooth Headphone headset + Warranty bil | eBay

You'll need a bluetooth adapter for pc.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
This one is good enough for chatting purposes, uses RF, so very long range(unlike bluetooth), I read a review in TE/Ero where they guy said he can speak through 2 walls on these.

This one is for PC only, I'm looking for a headphone to use with mobiles for you.

Thanks! :)

They look really nice and comfortable. I wish they were compatible with my mobiles.

Will this do for mobile?
Nokia BH 503 bluetooth Headphone headset + Warranty bil | eBay

You'll need a bluetooth adapter for pc.

Yes, this is the one I was planning to buy too. Do you have any idea about the Motorola ones I mentioned above?

Top Bottom