Suggest an email client

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
I've always accessed my mails through the browser. Now I want to use an email client. Which one do you suggest? Right now I have 2 in mind - thunderbird and the bat.

Which is the best?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Outlook Express is the best. You can easily configure it to your mail account.

Outlook express is one immidiate solution, but I wont call it the best... as ThenderBird performs as good as Outlook Express...

@blackpearl

Its just personal preference between this 2, Personally I use Microsoft Office outlook 2007... how ever I also like the ThenderBird pretty much...

I found Gmail IMAP is some what pretty slow with Outlook, where as things are much faster with ThenderBird...

:)

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Choto Cheeta said:
@blackpearl

Its just personal preference between this 2, Personally I use Microsoft Office outlook 2007... how ever I also like the ThenderBird pretty much...

I found Gmail IMAP is some what pretty slow with Outlook, where as things are much faster with ThenderBird...

:)

I want to use IMAP with gmail. I think I will have to give each one a shot.

I will try thunderbird first, then Outlook express. Actually I don't want to use Outlook becoz of worms and all. My Windows isn't patched for more than a year!! :))

I don't want to use Opera. I already have 8 feeds subscribed and everytime it updates, Opera momentarily freezes. I don't want to add to the load with an email client.

Go for Windows Live Mail Desktop. The final version rocks! I found it the finest to work with. Also it could access hotmail as well.

Offtopic: Yahoo! is the only sucker left to not provide pop3 or imap access for free. It doesn't even provide any 'forward mails to another account' kinda technology, so i'm kinda stuck with it. however, i'll get rid of it eventually. Latest version of Yahoo Pops! is a good alternative but its painfully slow and is erroneous. Somtimes it redownloads all the mails from server, which in my case are over 1000.So can't use that either. Any comments?

planetcall

Indian by heart
Thunderbird is not dead and is continuing to improve. I prefer to use thunderbird as it can be used across many platforms without much changes and is supported by huge mozilla community. I love its quick template features and great absolutely free extensions. Whereas, Outlook Express has a history of being infected. Outlook is better than OutlookExpress, but no newsgroups for you on Outlook unless you have Outlook2007. WindowsLiveMail is built on top of Outlook Express where they have tried to realign the graphics and enhance the security. But, since I am skeptical about my emails getting snooped, hence I use thunderbird for all my crucial tasks.

din

Tribal Boy
gx_saurav said:
Thunderbird is dead.

Really ? You attended the funeral ? ;) LOL

I am using Thunderbird (before it was part of Mozilla Suite) from 2001. All my emails are there till date. More than 95,000 emails, lot of message filters, folders, managing 6 pop/imap accounts. No problems so far. It may not be the best, no arguments, but for me, it works perfect and I am very happy with that. Previously I was using Outlook express and now I use Live mail desktop rarely (some send emails to my msn chat id !)

blackleopard92 said:
i don't think any mail client has that stacking feature of Gmail, which is the most essential feature of gmail.

Gmail web interface is pretty cool. But we just can't compare web interface and an email client. For some peopl web interface is ok, but for some other (for example - business users) email client is a must.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If you want a simple light mail client, go for nPOPuk. This is the newer version of the light mail client npop.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get Foxmail. This One is the best.
*fileforum.betanews.com/download/FoxMail/1027468567/1
*fileforum.betanews.com/detail/FoxMail/1027468567/1
*fox.foxmail.com.cn/
*download.foxmail4u.de

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom