Suggest a replacement for LG G2 under 25k

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Very nice list of requirements, kudos to you.. hope you find the right phone..
I too, have a requirement very similar to yours, looking forward to your purchase !

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm torn between three phones now:

Moto X Play - Good specs, need more info on pricing and some initial reviews. Also waiting for India launch.

Asus ZF2 [STRIKE]Selfie [/STRIKE] Laser- Really good specs, specially for that price, need reviews and launch date.

Nexus 5 - No idea about specs or price. If the latest rumors are true then specs are beyond groovy, now thinking about pricing. Google has tendency to shake up the market (till nexus 5), waiting to see if they manage to pull out an elephant out of the hat.

Good thing is that the top two will probably be available by September end or October start. As for google we'll surely know the price and have some reviews by then. And that's the time I'm planning to purchase the phone (Oct/Nov). Will wait for Nexus if it revolutionizes the market, else will go for Selfie probably.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
haha...tkin looks like few more models will get released by the time you will decide.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
haha...tkin looks like few more models will get released by the time you will decide.
Can't help it, I hate changing phones, I plan to use phones for two years at least. Hence I end up doing a lot of research :D

The fruit of my research always serve me well, AT M50x, LG G2, Kobo Glo(bought for less than kindle basic).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can't help it, I hate changing phones, I plan to use phones for two years at least. Hence I end up doing a lot of research :D

The fruit of my research always serve me well, AT M50x, LG G2, Kobo Glo(bought for less than kindle basic).

And now we can get pretty good hardware at very competitive prices, unlike before. My next phone will be less than 20k too.

Moto X Play - Good specs, need more info on pricing and some initial reviews. Also waiting for India launch.

Asus ZF2 Selfie - Really good specs, specially for that price, need reviews and launch date.

Nexus 5 - No idea about specs or price. If the latest rumors are true then specs are beyond groovy, now thinking about pricing. Google has tendency to shake up the market (till nexus 5), waiting to see if they manage to pull out an elephant out of the hat.

Good thing is that the top two will probably be available by September end or October start. As for google we'll surely know the price and have some reviews by then. And that's the time I'm planning to purchase the phone (Oct/Nov). Will wait for Nexus if it revolutionizes the market, else will go for Selfie probably.

Moto X Play would be a great phone for you because of its battery

As far as ZF2 Selfie is concerned, do you take that much selfies ??

Nexus 5(2015) - I'm sure it would just have a average battery life as Nexus line is always going for good hardware at low price (except N6, which was overpriced with an average cam). So better not get your hopes high for this one as far as battery life is concerned (both N4 & N5 had poor battery life, N6 had average)

After using N4 for 2 years, I realised battery life is the most important thing in smartphones (Although for me camera & size also matters). I'm currently happy with my Z3C (just wish it had dual SIM card support :p)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Moto X Play would be a great phone for you because of its battery

As far as ZF2 Selfie is concerned, do you take that much selfies ??

Nexus 5(2015) - I'm sure it would just have a average battery life as Nexus line is always going for good hardware at low price (except N6, which was overpriced with an average cam). So better not get your hopes high for this one as far as battery life is concerned (both N4 & N5 had poor battery life, N6 had average)

After using N4 for 2 years, I realised battery life is the most important thing in smartphones (Although for me camera & size also matters). I'm currently happy with my Z3C (just wish it had dual SIM card support :p)
Sorry, I meant Laser, not sure how I ended up typing selfie, not into that stuff :D

I think the Laser with SD615, 3GB RAM, 720p screen and 3000mah battery at 14k would be a good buy. Now only if flipkart stocks the damn thing :-x

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL - Full phone specifications - the model with SD615.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ The specs are very confusing. gsmarena states 5.5" but flipkart sates 5". Which is correct? Moreover Laser has 2GB RAM & costs a rupee less than 10k. Which Laser version is 14K?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ The specs are very confusing. gsmarena states 5.5" but flipkart sates 5". Which is correct? Moreover Laser has 2GB RAM & costs a rupee less than 10k. Which Laser version is 14K?
3 models. Note the model numbers, there are 3 distinct models but 2 model number, based on screen size only. Compare battery, screen size, processor and RAM:

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL vs Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL vs Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

GSMArena:

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL vs. Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL - GSMArena.com - Based on model number only, check the processor spec options on the left model.

ssb1551

Technomancer
3 models. Note the model numbers, there are 3 distinct models but 2 model number, based on screen size only. Compare battery, screen size, processor and RAM:

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL vs Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL vs Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

GSMArena:

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL vs. Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL - GSMArena.com - Based on model number only, check the processor spec options on the left model.

WTH!! This is really messed up!! :facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

ASUS went full retard while naming those devices

You are right dude! Hey where is the Asus Service Centre for Mobiles & Tablets in BBSR?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
ASUS service is either Rashi peripherials in Saheed Nagar, or SA Infosys near meghdoot hotel..
There's also one more near INOX, i dont know it's name
Rashi handles motherboards and phones I think, the other one is for GPU

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have used Asus Zenfone 2. I wont suggest tkin to buy it. Maybe in laser model the chipset is different but OS is really pathetic. Asus don't fix major problem like memory leakage etc. Still current user facing that problem. Out of 2GB Ram only 150mb are available.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ Only 150MB free out of 2GB!! :O Maybe you have too many apps. That might cause the issue. Just a thought

ASUS went full retard while naming those devices

I totally agree on that

- - - Updated - - -

I have used Asus Zenfone 2. I wont suggest tkin to buy it. Maybe in laser model the chipset is different but OS is really pathetic. Asus don't fix major problem like memory leakage etc. Still current user facing that problem. Out of 2GB Ram only 150mb are available.

I don't think so, about the 150MB free RAM part

ASUS UI is good enough

Laser model just gives the option of S410 or S615 (3GB RAM) with 720p screen & laser assisted AF

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^ Only 150MB free out of 2GB!! :O Maybe you have too many apps. That might cause the issue. Just a thought
No, only few apps installed.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree on that

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so, about the 150MB free RAM part

ASUS UI is good enough

Laser model just gives the option of S410 or S615 (3GB RAM) with 720p screen & laser assisted AF
Buddy, I have used Zenfone 2 ZE551 for around 2months but as I said earlier maybe for snapdragon SoC software support will be better. Btw pls check Asus zenfone 2 page and reviews at flipkart where user complaining about such problem.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Do not go for Asus.. My friend had zenphone 2 with 4 gigs of ram.. But screen is no where near our G2. Also auto brightness is broken.. Screen is not enough bright either.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Asus ZF2 [STRIKE]Selfie [/STRIKE] Laser- Really good specs, specially for that price, need reviews and launch date.

Get Zenphone 2 Selfie it has better speakers and looks cool too with slim profile.

- - - Updated - - -

OS is not not developed by ASUS it is by google asus can't do anything about it and yes android 5.0 is most pathetic android version but memoryleak and battery drain is fixed in android 5.1 .

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I was never fond of Intel chipsets, these models have SD410 or SD615, both tried and tested. There's little Asus could screw up there. Even cheap chinese phones deliver good performance with those chipsets.

Top Bottom