Suggest a replacement for LG G2 under 25k

devil'sdouble

Broken In
Nope, never gonna buy 10k+ stuff from ebay ever.

Well best of luck for paying more then. I am not a fan of eBay by any means, but as long as my favourite sellers are there, and with the coupons there simply can't be a better deal.

Quite shockingly, no LG phones are listed on eBay any more! G2, G3, G4 none! WOW! I guess eBay has decided to be less filthy from now on, good.

Thanks, but I was looking for a more real world scenario. Like for an 1yr old phone with some wear on the battery, I want to know how such a device would behave under lollipop.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it, Samsung SGS5 that are being sold in flipkart are using some Adonis Prime whatever chipset, its out of the list. Where is the SD801 version?

Yeah, but that SoC is still better than S615, it supports 4K recording & playback (Not like the Note 3). Only con is no 4G support. There is 4G version available in India, which has S801. Ask for its price locally.
When S5 costed around 35k, 4G version costed 40k. I don't know its price now

- - - Updated - - -

Not getting the model with Exynos anyway. G3 is out of budget.

Also G3 has average battery life, worse than G2

Check Xperia Z2, if 4G is a deal breaker

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I am also using G2 for year and half now. Thinking to get one plus two now.. Good upgrade for old g2

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
How does the Nexus 5(2013 edition) make sense? I know its an old phone but its getting Android M, also I think it might get android N as well.

Is there any chance google will launch the Nexus 2015 edition under 25k?

How does the Nexus 5(2013 edition) make sense? I know its an old phone but its getting Android M, also I think it might get android N as well.

N5 2013 isn't that good, has poor battery life

Can't say anything about N5 2015

N6 was poorly priced

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Why would you buy a downgrade to your G2?

I don't think N5 will be placed under 30k if it came with SD820 as the rumours suggest.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Why would you buy a downgrade to your G2?

I don't think N5 will be placed under 30k if it came with SD820 as the rumours suggest.
That's true but I was thinking it as a replacement.

I really wish we can get a Nexus under 25k this year.

- - - Updated - - -

N5 2013 isn't that good, has poor battery life

Can't say anything about N5 2015

N6 was poorly priced
True that.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Why not Nexus 6 32GB. Its available @29.9k at flipkart.com
Costly, bit over budget.

I had decided to go for this: Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Red 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

After the reviews come in of course.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Even a 2GB RAM would, just saying..... Ofcourse the more, the better
I also have my eyes on the version with SD410 and 2GB RAM that goes for 9,999/-. That also has massive 3000mah battery. While it will be slower and can't play games like NOVA, it can play most games fine incl Asphalt, Riptide etc, does not heat up much, has a good enough camera and dual 4G sim. Its pretty snappy like the Moto G3 as well. So the massive battery powered by a low power consuming 410 will do wonders for the battery life. And reviewers have praised it in youtube a lot.

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

I also have my eyes on the version with SD410 and 2GB RAM that goes for 9,999/-. That also has massive 3000mah battery. While it will be slower and can't play games like NOVA, it can play most games fine incl Asphalt, Riptide etc, does not heat up much, has a good enough camera and dual 4G sim. Its pretty snappy like the Moto G3 as well. So the massive battery powered by a low power consuming 410 will do wonders for the battery life. And reviewers have praised it in youtube a lot.

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Honor 4X has S410 + 3000mAh battery which gives 5-6hr SOT with wifi on 24x7.... Total 1.5days
But I think, 4X has a better camera due to better sensor(sony imx214) & good post processing

Last edited:
Hey isnt that a downgrade from your G2 ? Why not get your G2 repaired ? Is the Zenphone laser truly better than G2 ?

Laser assisted focus will help in much faster focusing, can't say that the Toshiba sensor is the best in that range, but still it will produce good images

Still overall a downgrade to G2, that's my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

But 8GB only....

Yeah that, outdated OS & weight are the only cons which I believe it has.... Otherwise a great phablet (Its display is good too, better than my old N4's display in terms of brightness & better colour production)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey isnt that a downgrade from your G2 ? Why not get your G2 repaired ? Is the Zenphone laser truly better than G2 ?
Yes, but there are few things I had learned after using the G2 for two years.

1. I seldom use the camera for photography, mobile cameras are not there yet. I always fallback to trusty FZ150 for photography. And very rarely a situation has come up where ended up using the G2 as a primary camera. I mostly use the mobile cam for quick snaps, like that of a signboard, or paper, mostly to capture information quickly that I would need to use later. For that a OIS camera is not required. A cheaper camera would do for me.

2. I rarely play games on my mobile, mostly 2d arcade games like subway surfer, hungry shark evolution, hill climb racing etc. I don't have the urge to play action games in my mobile.

3. Battery life is the key element in a mobile for me. I use my mobile a lot reading stuff in web, that's why I need maximum SOT. While the G2 used to give good SOT back when it was working good it never crossed 5 hrs for me(3g on and in use full time).

4. I need plenty of storage, my music collection stands at 150GB and growing day by day. I also watch a lot of TV series on my mobile on the way to office, or in office :p For that I need a lot of storage space. A 720P TV series come at 7-8GB in general or more. I had estimated that I need 50GB for my music and 30GB for my videos. Ironically I don't load a lot of heavy apps, so 16GB of internal storage is enough for me(provided it comes out at 10GB).

5. Another important feature is the back button in my G2. Its the most convenient location to have the volume buttons, at least for me. It takes less than a day to get use to but its very difficult to let go of. Its the natural place where your finger rests on when holding the phone, also if the button is sideways you have to secure the phone on both sides to use them. But on the G2 you could put it face down on a surface and press the button. Apart from LG, Asus is one of the major manufacturers to use this style of button placement.

6. And finally the ultimate deciding factor is the price. While I don't regret purchasing the G2 but it seems bit wasteful to me to spend 35k plus on a phone(spent 42k on the G2) in the current scenario. Back when I bought the G2 the nexus 5 had not launched yet and sub 25k phones all had dual core cortext a9s in them. The snapdragons were no where to be seen under 30k and all we had were Allwinner and Texus etc with 1GB ram and cr@p batteries. The mobile scenario had improved a lot and thanks to the chinese companies we now have a feature reach phone sub 20k.

tl;dr All most all of the requirements that are mentioned in the front page is satisfied by the Asus Laser 14k model, hence decided to go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

anupam_pb;2252513[B said:
]Laser assisted focus will help in much faster focusing,[/B] can't say that the Toshiba sensor is the best in that range, but still it will produce good images

Still overall a downgrade to G2, that's my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that, outdated OS & weight are the only cons which I believe it has.... Otherwise a great phablet (Its display is good too, better than my old N4's display in terms of brightness & better colour production)
The Laser's camera has nothing on the G2. G2 still has one of the best cameras in the market even in today's cutthroat competition. It's just that I don't need a uber good cam for my day to day use(read point 1 above).

It's definitely a downgrade but will serve most of my requirements.

Top Bottom