Suggest a GPU

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, Suggest me a GPU for a budget of 15k. I need to play BF3 on ultra settings.

My config:
MOBO - ASUS M3N78-EM ( onboard GPU 8300GS 512MB)
Proccy - phenomx4 9650 @ 2.3Ghz
Memory - 4GB DDR2 Transcend 800Mhz
HDD - seagate 500GB
Cabby - Frontech cherry.
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU

I am thinking of going with HD7850. How is this card for my above rig?
Does it bottleneck ma proccy? And will it be good to buy a GTX560ti amp edition for ma config??

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your processor needs a litle overclocking, say at 2.8 GHz level to handle a HD 7850 without bottlenecking it. Get a decent CPU cooler like Hyper TX3 (1.2K only) or Hyper 212 Evo @ 2.1K. Your PSU is capable enough to handle HD 7850.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx for reply Cilus.

I am a complete noob at overclocking, any how I will give it a try by ma self. To what percent does ma proccy (phenom 9650) would bottleneck 7850?? And if I overclock ma phenom will it be suffice for next 2 yrs of gaming atleast ??

I stay at Hyderabad,India.Can any one help me out in finding a good retailer for HD 7850 plz.......?

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
And when i compared the Benchmarks between GTX560ti and HD 7850 here. It seems like 560Ti out performs 7850 on FPS. Wont it be a bad option to shellout 2k more for 7850 when compared to GTX 560ti?

Cilus

laborare est orare
And when i compared the Benchmarks between GTX560ti and HD 7850 here. It seems like 560Ti out performs 7850 on FPS. Wont it be a bad option to shellout 2k more for 7850 when compared to GTX 560ti?

I don't know from where you got that wrong benchmark? Do care to share it with us.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yeah..All Benches I seen HD7850 was 8% to 10% faster than 560Ti. But 560 Ti is almost 15% to 20% cheaper than HD7850 depending upon brand so buying a 560Ti is not a Bad Call at all.
OCed 560Ti = HD7850 Stock Performance

Cilus

laborare est orare
The thing is HD 7850 has power consumption lesser than even HD 6850 and it has a very high probability of getting more performance with the upcoming driver updates. Other thing is its 2 GB Vram which is very helpful in current games if you want to use very high AA and AF settings.

dibya_kol

In the zone
go for 7850 and at what res do u game ? And search in google, u will get lots of guides how to oc ur cpu. But before oc, u need to know what r u going to do.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
7850 is a card for me. And by the way till what extent can I OC ma proccy?

^^ depends on how well you will be able to manage the cooling - if you can keep the cpu temp below 65c then 2.7-3Ghz should be the limit with the mobo you have.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
go for 7850 and at what res do u game ? And search in google, u will get lots of guides how to oc ur cpu. But before oc, u need to know what r u going to do.

Thnx for the reply buddy.... The resolution doesnt matter for me, At present I am gaming on 1280x1024 :p. I'l buy a LED in coming days .

^^ depends on how well you will be able to manage the cooling - if you can keep the cpu temp below 65c then 2.7-3Ghz should be the limit with the mobo you have.

As cilus said... I will be going with Hyper TX3. So over all 7850+Hyper TX3 = Rs 17190.
I will buy the stuff in next week And can u guys suggest me a good retailer in hyderabad who can gimme discount?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@Dude ur comparing FPS on a 560ti at "high" settings with a 7850 running BF3 at "ultra settings" -_-
And that too at different levels.

Piyush

Lanaya
@KALAM
Buy a CPU cooler as Cilus suggested and get HD 7850 eyes closed

regarding your queries about overclocking, do visit this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking/121070-cpu-overclock-list-discussion-thread.html

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx piyush....

What i wanna do is download AMDOVERDRIVE and increase the sliders til ma CPU is stable like in this video

What do u guys say abt it? And i cant overclock it manually through bios coz I'm new to this... :p

Piyush

Lanaya
Thanx piyush....

What i wanna do is download AMDOVERDRIVE and increase the sliders til ma CPU is stable like in this video

What do u guys say abt it? And i cant overclock it manually through bios coz I'm new to this... :p

even though you are new to this, OCing via BIOS is kinda easy too
ask your queries in that thread
we all be glad to help
members are pretty friendly and knowledgeable
just drop a post in that thread regarding your system specs and your aim
and you'll see the difference between that video and posts in that thread :)
good luck

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
even though you are new to this, OCing via BIOS is kinda easy too
ask your queries in that thread
we all be glad to help
members are pretty friendly and knowledgeable
just drop a post in that thread regarding your system specs and your aim
and you'll see the difference between that video and posts in that thread :)
good luck

Thnx buddy.... I will buy a cooler next week along with 7850 and then overclock ma CPU... Yea u guys are pros and hats off :-D

Top Bottom