Suggest a ~11K mobile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello guys...

My father wants to buy a new mobile for me and it should be less than Rs.11,000. 11K is the maximum he can go for.

He wants to get me a n72 or n70i but I'm not impressed with Nokia. I want to get a Sony Ericsson Walkman series phone because I'm mainly going to use it for listening to songs....

Here is my feature list:
  • EDGE
  • 2 megapixel camera
  • Excellent Music playback & FM
  • Bluetooth
Tell me about SE w610i or w810i or any other good SE phone......Also suggest any good Nokia counterparts.......

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
K790i for 10k is better than both of em. But ull miss walkman featues though sound quality is gud.
And its got best in class 3.2mp cam with xenon flasha dn larger display.And also bundled is 1G card.

And N73 imaging is for 12.5k. But its music quality is much lower compared to N73ME or k790i and comes with 128MB or somethin card.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Get w580
Good looking , good features , good sound .
from nokia there is n73 but can be a little slow at times. or if you are ready to take some risk than you can get w950 without bill which will cost around 9.5-10k.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ek class IX ke bachche ke liye i suggest go for the W810..btw...tell ur dad to increase ur budget by 3k so tht u can get urself the W890..the ultimate walkman!!!

btw gagan..if u can mod u can also try the k790 or k810 whcih offer aweome modding capailities for better sound and cam output..

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
W580i is a decent choice, if you live with the battery issues.

Other Choices: Nokia 5610 (better all-round phone), SE K790i (better cam)

If you can't go beyond 11K, then get a W610i.

acewin

Point Blanc
ek class IX ke bachche ke liye i suggest go for the W810..btw...tell ur dad to increase ur budget by 3k so tht u can get urself the W890..the ultimate walkman!!!

btw gagan..if u can mod u can also try the k790 or k810 whcih offer aweome modding capailities for better sound and cam output..

heehe interesting, how did you get his class level amd, but anyways, I really go with your suggestion.
but sure any of the walkman series in W610 and W810 can be bought, except W810 doesnt has A2DP

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
heehe interesting, how did you get his class level amd, but anyways, I really go with your suggestion.
but sure any of the walkman series in W610 and W810 can be bought, except W810 doesnt has A2DP

he posted his class in the chit-chat section

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now, I'm in 10th class.....;):D
Dad is buying a new one for me because he is going to give my old mobile (Nokia 6610i) to my mom who doesn't really like to keep mobiles as she considers them a head-ache.

I guess W810i doesn't have Walkman player 2.0?

The cameras of K790i and K810i are indeed awesome but I need the walkman features. Anyways, Dad is also going to buy a new phone alongwith me and I've already suggested him K790i.....:eek:

@2kewl & rohan
I checked out W580i and I'm impressed with it.

Any other suggestions? How is the upcoming W760 and what is the expected price?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The w760 is expected to retail at 16k..arre hoodwink ur dad to get u the W890..tell him it is the lowest SAR rated cellphone.. :D

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The w760 is expected to retail at 16k..arre hoodwink ur dad to get u the W890..tell him it is the lowest SAR rated cellphone.. :D
Lol...:lol:
The retailer is my dad's childhood friend.... So, Dad has already done HW inquiring about the phones.......:(

He has got a complete Sony showroom (from memory stick to Bravia LCD). As he is my Dad's friend, I also expect some good discount. I'll try and ask him for how much will he sell W890i.......:D Whats the market price of W890i? around 14K?

utsav

damn busy...
I think u should get
k790i else go for n73 standard or ME . k790i is the best you can get in ur budget.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think u should get
k790i else go for n73 standard or ME . k790i is the best you can get in ur budget.
Dad is getting K790i, I need the best Walkman phone in 11K......

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
moto rokr has crap sound..if u wanna watch vids moto is the best..the cam is crap too..get the w890..u wont regret it..and it will future proof u...

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
moto rokr has crap sound..if u wanna watch vids moto is the best..the cam is crap too..get the w890..u wont regret it..and it will future proof u...
Okay, now I'll be saving money for 3 months....

I'll minimize my Internet use and save about 5K......:D

Anyways, whats the retail price of W890?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
5K in internet savings ? how.
I'm on BSNL H1000 and every month I exceed my day time usage of 5GB by 1GB and then there are other 'kharche' like buying CDs & DVDs for data storage.:D

And also, I'm not that kind of kid who wants everything from their parents. I save a lot from my pocket money and return it to Mom. Mom and Dad are always ready to spend as much I want on me because my academic & extra-curricular performance is great, even then I like to save money for them so that I don't be a fat money eating bull.:)

And also, Dad is insisting for buying a new PC since 3 years, but I'm happy with my 7 year old PC (1.5 Ghz, 120GB HDD, 1GB SD RAM, 256MB 6600GT AGP).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom