Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw have u tried the w830??..great phone..luks super c00l
W830i and W850i indeed look cool but don't have the Walkman player....

I'll get W890i.....I'm impressed by it......

@amd
No need of being sorry, there is a healthy discussion going on here....:)

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
hehe..by the time nokia matches sony..sony will be all over nokia again...

oh really ? .i have listened to the music of many walkman phones starting from the earlier w800 to many newer handsets but i am unable to find much difference. i agree that se sounds good and it should be becoz sony has had a music portfolio from its birth. but what abt nokia. its a company whose work was to make phones to make calls. comparing that i would say nokia has taken a big leap .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^^if u dunno..SE was started in 2001 whiel nokia is there frm the 1990s...but u cant hang nokia just cozit doesnt have a music background or a cam background or even a display backgroud...coz SE beats nokia in all these...
yea...a phone is predominantly used to make calls..nothing to brag about..its what the manufacturer does to actually implement for functionalities in the system itself is what that menas to move ahead...

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nokia is mainly about Symbian and applications........

SE has the best in class Cameras and the best sound.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
If your budget is strictly 11k and you want the best music phone then from nokia there is n91 8gb , though bulky and heavy but beats all walkman phones in the music department , the only model comparable is w960 but it costs 24k .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea...gagan u can try the n91..and if ever u have a thief in ur house u can chuck tht thing at him..and if it hits his head..hes dead fr sure.. :D

i wud rather have a cowon a3 and a 1100 and still it will be lighter.. :D

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Lol...:D

He'll be stealing my N91 and I'll throw it on to his head.......:lol:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Hey I am not asking u to build your biceps with n91 , only compare it with any walkman model and say which one is the winner if any:rolleyes::rolleyes:
and regarding amd man...er whatever's proof gonna post it soon

utsav

damn busy...
@amd64 u didnt read my posts nicely. i meant that sony has a great music background so se phones r ought to be gud in music and they are. but who told u that cam quality in
se is better than nokia .you should do a detailed side by side review of the cam quality of these 2 brands. only k790i was able to give n73 a tough competition but it se failed the close night shot test due to some flash reflection problems. i like the sound quality of se very much but nokia is a winner in overall usability. am i rong?

Another thing is that i also used the first of the se handsets when it was launched. i liked the keypad layout that time and most of the se handsets used to have the same keypad layout.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets start with it...

1)1.3 mp-dont think theres any competition here..allhail nokia and sony and watevr brand :D

2)2 mp-have u ever heard of the k750??...peaple say tht its the best 2 mp cam phone ever produced..its color saturation and focus are comapred to tht of 3.2 mps..compare the k750 with any nokia 2 mp..u will kno..

3)k790/k810-undoubtedly a bestseller and the best 3.2 camphone in the market.. about low light.. :O ....how can u compare a led flash phone with a xenon flash one..and reflection..u r the frst one who ever heard of this..i havent for christs sake..peaple al over the world are happy with their phones and u if kno how to mod..then to..wats n73??can it take pics??

4)k850-a big debate..i kno 99% of the users here will debate that n82/n95 is better coz the reviws say so..well i wont go into a lot of details coz i dont have much proof except for a few pics,which i think are great..newer firmwares have been released and being a newer platformits ought to have bugs..n95 was released a year before the k850 and had lots of probs too..but newaz..i own the k850 and kno its capability...

nd btw the K890i is to be released 3 months from now..7.2 mp..lets see.. dont worry i will have the phone... :D

utsav

damn busy...
U r speaking as if i am a newbie to cell phones. i agree that k750 is the best 2mp but i considor 3 mp and above only suitable for printing purposes . a cam is only worth to me if its picture quality is gud and has high resolution. and for a 7.2mp cam from se ,do u know samsung had released a 10mp cam phone with high optical zoom only in taiwan a few years back. imo if u want something funky and very good sounding then se is for u and if u want something as a substitute for your pc/laptop then nokia is best

napster007

Padawan
@amd64_man2005 rohan mtr asked you to compare the nokia n91's music quality and i say again so u can read "MUSIC QUALITY" with a walkman phone..........and you go on comparing every other phone in the world abt it cam & sh*t but don't mention a Sh*t cr*p abt the n91 or the "MUSIC QUALITY"

I am a SE fan too. i have tested almost 14-15 models for atleast 4 days each and own one. I love SE. But just b'cus i like it i don't go on critizing other brands and give wrong and degrading info. I personally think ur a big damned sinic to humanity.

The thread starter had asked for recommendation on various models. And you are literally sabotaging evry brand except the SE.

Please learn to respect other ppl's thoughts on the matter and stop acting like a moron!

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Napster007

Plz be a little respectful.....:mad:

I don't have any problem on what he is posting in my thread.....Atleast, what he is saying is in a respestful way.....

Is N91 available now? I think not...

N91 is having a 3.5mm jack and a Headphone (not an Earphone) by default, so it is surely going to have a better sound with the Headphones.
PS: My Nokia knowledge isn't that good.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ How am I going to carry those Headphones. If I buy a Nokia Earphone and use it with N91, then SE is surely going to beat N91......

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I already have Creative EP-630 using with my 2GB 2nd Gen iPod Nano.

But then again I don't want to carry load with myself as Amd64 suggested.

Edit:
@napster007
I don't find any wrong information which amd has given........

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
lol....@napstar..read utsav's post before mine...

btw..i have the k850 and the k750(WITH MODDED DRIVERS)..and i daresay it sounds better than the N91...if u know how to mod SE...i think u will know what i mean...

and btw..i m not attacking anyone i apologized to gagan in my post and he was happy with what i was posting...but fact is...u guys are hampering on the facts that are SE's stronghold..music,cam and display is what SE prides itself in...

n91 is the only nokia set that came close to SE..but my friend had it..it was bulky and one of the slowest phones around..u will know after the disk has been filled to half the capacity..and gagn..3.5 mm jack doesnt have nething to do with the sound quality...n91 compromiises on evrything to actually provide good sound..do u want tht??think about it

so gagan-w890??

let me get sum cool high definition pics.. :)

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yes, I had already decided over W890i....

Anyways, I have about 3K money saved and will be waiting the prices to drop atleast by 1-2K.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom