Strictly Office RIG !!

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thnx for replying guys. Yeah, I'm acknowledged about rate increment thats why considering 250GB. 160GB will save how much bucks? I've already decided that I won't buy DVD write for each, instead an external DVD writer.

But there's one problem guys. There's no AMD available in my city :shock:. They're giving intel based systems, some (dual core 3.0 +G41) :facepalm:. They don't know the proccy model :duh2: IDK which RAM they're giving for 1200 ! (2GB) :shock: When I asked brand, he told "dekhna padega, but jyada frequency ka hai. Sasta wala match nhi karega" :lol: I'm out of station so can't help it. When i told your rates are exorbitantly high, the assembler said to buy and send him components, he will assemble @ 1500 ! Isn't it too much? I'm calculating which would be cheaper.

Also suggest Intel based alternative.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why not buy from smc. they deliver products in 3-4days only (maybe for your location it'll be 48hrs)? you can talk to smc guys if they can assemble & send the systems. assembling cost around Rs.350. if its one system, assembling is easy. will take an hour at max.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^Its 2 systems. OK I'm mailing them.

Have a look at following config-

CPU- E5700 - 3450 (smc) Is this including VAT & all ?

Mobo- MSI G41 P26- 2500 (FK)

RAM- 2GB Corsair (check whether its ok)

Cab+PSU= Can't find any on smc.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
This config is settled because x2 (AMD) isn't available locally. And better intel counterparts are breaching the budget. Solution? (Of course I'm not wasting money)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
And better intel counterparts are breaching the budget.
I can't say anything except lolwtf.

Athlon II X2 250 is much faster than E5700.

Equivalent to Athlon II X2 250 is Core 2 Duo E7400. Google and figure out the prices.

Inquire SMCInternational.in about the availability. There's TheITWares and PrimeABGB too.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I can't say anything except lolwtf.

Athlon II X2 250 is much faster than E5700.

Equivalent to Athlon II X2 250 is Core 2 Duo E7400. Google and figure out the prices.

Inquire SMCInternational.in about the availability. There's TheITWares and PrimeABGB too.

You're saying like I don't know! The matter is that may be my dad won't agree shopping online. E7400 over E5700 again add at least 2k. Any need of that? Point is I've to build the rig keeping in mind min cost with acceptable performance.

Plus I have already mailed SMC, wating for their reply.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're saying like I don't know! The matter is that may be my dad won't agree shopping online.
lol mate, you only behaved as if you don't know.

In your post #1, you've mentioned you are open to online. In your post #24 you mention the motherboard from Flipkart. :)

Obviously it looks to me or a neutral you are considering online buying options. :)

ece2k2

Broken In
I just purchased 5 Lenovo Desktops for my office with 3 years onsite warranty.

It is a "Thinkcenter Edge" series from Lenovo.

Configuration:
Tower Form Factor - Intel H61 Chipset, Intel DUAL CORE G 630 Processor 65W, 2GB PC3-10600 1333 MHz DDR3 UDIMM, 500GB 7200RPM SATA HDD, No Optical, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (Built in CPU), Intel Gigabit Ethernet, Classic Professional Keyboard, Optical Mouse, DOS, 333 Warranty

The cost is Rs.16500 per system (Without monitor and optical drive).

Not sure how helpful this is, but just wanted to let you know...

Reactions: ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yup, Pentium G630 is good.

Sujay can go for that branded PC if he likes. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Even i recommend dashing.sujay to go with the above lennovo desktops considering the 3 years onsite warranty he would be getting. Lennovo will provide good support and will definitely save the office staff from all the rma hassles.

In case of trouble, lennovo can directly be contacted and they'll give service. So not at all a bad option for office systems.:)
Besides that, the config looks pretty good to me and afaik, Pentium G 630 is faster than athlon x2 250 taking its sandybridge architecture into account. So the above system is pretty powerful as well.:)

Here's a small comparison between athlon x2 255 vs pentium G 620
G630 will be a bit faster. So the config is good to go.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom