Strange Behaviour of VCD.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Hi everyone,I hv a strange problem to share with all of the members of this forum..
My father copied a vcd(promotional vcd of a medicine) from his friend,this vcd contains 3
tracks.

He played it on his lappy and the disc was fine,he again played it on my vcd player(aiwa)
and it was wrking flawlesly...

Recently he shared it with one of his friend,his frnd complaint tht he could nt hear the
sound in two tracks! To check whether he was right my dad played it on his office's p.c
the sound in the two tracks was still missing!

The propeties of the vcd shows jst 2.17 used space! There are no scratches on the disc!

Isnt this strange?
What can b the possible reason?:confused:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
What player are you using to play the VCD? Why dont you try to play it with VLC?

champ_rock

champ_rock
it seems to be a problem with some codecs.. tell me when u open the cd using my computer do u find the normal ".dat" file??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I don't know about windows but if you still have some linux distro installed try this command
Code:
file <name of the file>
It can give you a lot of info about the file.

OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
What sort of info can I expect?
I hv fedora installed but my pc's monitor is not working!

Using my lappy since few days!

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
use vlc player and try installing klite codec pack or something similer...

the is obviously a codec problem.
also see if there are multiple audio tracks....

OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Why was cd player unable to play it?
Was tht too due to codec prblm?
My father is having this cd so all I can do is w8 fr him to bring cd whn he visits me coz he is out of station!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ok..

The propeties of the vcd shows jst 2.17 used space! There are no scratches on the disc!

Where did you see this properties? In the lappy or the system in which it is not playing?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
That clearly means that the other systems where it didn't play have codec problems. Tell them to install latest k-lite codec pack.
or install VLC player and run the CD.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
No. CD players codec's don't get corrupted. Some errorneous CD's can't be played in some CD players. I know about Aiwa- it can play any CD's without problems. It autocorrects minor problems and plays CD's flawlessly. Possible that the CD has minor problems. Since it is too less data 2.17mb, some non-branded/local CD players can't just read it. Aiwa can do it. I have seen such issues.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
nitish_mythology said:
Hi everyone,I hv a strange problem to share with all of the members of this forum..
ly...
Recently he shared it with one of his friend,his frnd complaint tht he could nt hear the
sound in two tracks! To check whether he was right my dad played it on his office's p.c
the sound in the two tracks was still missing!

Now are you saying he replicated the disc and gave his friend, and the replicated disc is giving trouble and the original disc is not? If this is the problem then please check the settings on the cd replicator software, is it clone copy or something else. Better to use clone copy mode to copy the vcd

kirtan

Journeyman
Maybe i reckon that ur dad's friends CD player is an old one .Basically what hapens with the CD players is that they have VCD decoding versions(vis vcd 1.0,vcd 2.0 etc).The player can recognise and correctly play the CD belonging the version understood by the player.So maybe the version in which the VCD format written by you was a much higher version which could not be understood by the player and hence the errors have come up.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yes. They are really good ones. Plays small error discs without a hitch.
Recent Philips DVD players also are like demons. Plays anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom