Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Re: Steam related discussions

Hey do we need a minimum speed to download games in steam? My DOTA 2 download is stuck at 3.3/3.5 GB :( my Data card interference shows that i have downloaded 110+ MB since i started the download at 3.3 GB

Edit : I found on google that stucking of downloads is a common problem in steam with no proper solution :(
Anyone else had similar experience ?

try verifying cache files in game properties.

*i.imgur.com/7E2dt3w.png

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Some EXP tweaks to the Game collector badge:

Steam Community :: Group :: Steam Trading Cards Group

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I get this everytime I start my PC. Even when there are no updates for Steam. I dont remember arriving it before everytime.
Is this normal?

*i.minus.com/jbs6wIOhG93ehl.jpg

It remains there for a min. After which steam opens.

aaruni

The Linux Guy

I get this everytime I start my PC. Even when there are no updates for Steam. I dont remember arriving it before everytime.
Is this normal?

*i.minus.com/jbs6wIOhG93ehl.jpg

It remains there for a min. After which steam opens.

I'm getting this for the past week too, in windows. Not so in Ubuntu.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@Vyom it happens if Steam is closed directly without clicking "exit".
Do an experiment:

Keep Steam running, directly turn off the PC. The next time you run it you'll see this.

aaruni

The Linux Guy

@thetechfreak : but when I click "Shut Down" in windows, shouldn't it close all active programs, then shut down, instead of just a power off ?

@thetechfreak : but when I click "Shut Down" in windows, shouldn't it close all active programs, then shut down, instead of just a power off ?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Do an experiment:

Keep Steam running, directly turn off the PC. The next time you run it you'll see this.

Today I learned,

Steam have a Exit Option.

Never used it, or search for it. lol

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Do an experiment:

Well, I have enabled Fast shutdown on my PC. So what it does is that, while shutting down the PC, it ask from me to "Force close" the running apps if those are taking too much time to close.
And I simply say, "YES". :p

So you maybe true. But my PC would take forever if I grant it its own sweet time to shut down. So I guess I can live with it. :/

Anyway, I guess my new Core i5 processor can make my PC a *bit* faster! :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@Aaruni no. Some are forced closed. Sometimes Steam cloud sync isn't complete and hence you have the problem.

@Vyom I use Windows 7 and my PC powers off within 10s. Is 10s too much for a proper shutdown? :|

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

@Vyom I use Windows 7 and my PC powers off within 10s. Is 10s too much for a proper shutdown? :|

You failed to take into account your PC specs. You cant really compare your PC with my E350n based PC. Mine just stucks on "Waiting for applications to close". Plus I have Server 2008 R2, not Win 7, so it has more services to stop. And sometimes it takes ages.
Hence I have enabled fast shutdown.

Anyway, enough offtopic discussion. You can continue discussing over IRC, if you want. :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Hey guys,is there any way I can use my sbi maestro debit card to work with steam ?

Welcome to the club bro. Maestro cards don't work for ****. I have a Citibank maestro debit card, I know. Better to get a credit card, no hassles.

Edit: Certain Visa or MasterCard debit cards do work though. Check if your bank provides them.

Vishalgamer1

Broken In

Welcome to the club bro. Maestro cards don't work for ****. I have a Citibank maestro debit card, I know. Better to get a credit card, no hassles.

Edit: Certain Visa or MasterCard debit cards do work though. Check if your bank provides them.

Sad :( My dad won't give me a credit card :( Anyother site which sells steam keys and accept Sbi debit card ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Debit Cards i tested and working in Steam : Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, AXIS, HDFC (All VISA Cards)

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Anyone want to trade Songbird/Mechanized patriot/Handyman Steam Trading card for my Elizabeth STC?
I have 2 Elizabeth STC thats why

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

^Bioshock Card? Check my inventory if I dont have Elizabeth and have one of the card you mentioned.

chris

In the zone

Cheap steam games

Welcome to Steam

Far Cry 3 for Rs. 500

NB: Only buy if you are russian. Why steam don't have custom price for india :(

Top Bottom