rock2702

Padawan
Re: Steam related discussions

My ICICI debit card used to work fine on steam few months back.Today I tried adding some funds to my steam wallet but I am getting an error saying"Payment declined by the bank".It works fine of Google Play Store.Why is it happening?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Some help here...:(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Finally I can download games while playing at a different PC from my alt account. Good one. :D

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Got access to the steam family sharing beta. Anyone else have started using it? I am not getting head and tail of it. :???:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^ Same here. I got family sharing beta access too.
But dont know how to do that? :p

This guide: *support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731 is of no use. And I cant see any option to share games on steam client. And it updated just today. :/

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

I got some idea, and it will be useless for me. Suppose you want to share your games with me, you have to access my pc(either come to my place or using teamviewer), login into steam using your own id, and then in settings add a authorization of my pc. After that I will be able to access your games.

You cannot specify games, your entire library will be shared.

Once you start playing any games, I will not be able to play any games of yours', and if I am already playing, I will be kicked out.

@vyom, opt in for beta first :- Link

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

If your client is updated, you will get the option to authorize devices for family sharing in the settings. Not much use, as your whole library will be shared rather than individual games, so 2 members of the family can't access the same library at the same time. This basically beats the purpose of sharing. :(

For me, its like this: I play at my gaming PC, while downloading with my alt account at the other PC.

Bhargav

In the zone

*img34.imageshack.us/img34/7843/wgd.png

So Price of individual games 17.47$ and Bundle Costs 19.99$ :huh?::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

gameranand

Living to Play

Guys I have just purchased Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition from Steam. Now the thing is that I already have a SKIDROW ISO file for the same, so I don't want to download the whole game again. Is there anyway I can use that ISO file to install the game.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Guys I have just purchased Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition from Steam. Now the thing is that I already have a SKIDROW ISO file for the same, so I don't want to download the whole game again. Is there anyway I can use that ISO file to install the game.

Copy the "Ahem" folder to steamapps/common :) it wll just download 500mb or something more

And be sure,first start the download for a min or 2.
Then,copy the game folder-NOTE:Make sure the game name and folder name is exactly the same.
Lol I suffered when I copied borderlands 2(ahem) to steamapps as boderlands And I was wondering why is steam download the whole game

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

^This, but dont start the download.... After the copy completes. Then only start the download.

Googling will tell you the folder name in steamapp folder.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR

Pirated talks are not allowed on the forums. Please USE PM/Steam chat for it. [Just read the rules :)]

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

Pirated talks are not allowed on the forums. Please USE PM/Steam chat for it. [Just read the rules :)]

Well I guess I know the rules. I have been using the forum for quite long time. I was asking if I can use that ISO file to install the game because downloading 18GB on a 512kbps connection is pain in the @ss so I don't think I did anything wrong. I have already paid developers, what does it matter if I install it using steam or a ISO file.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

No, you can't use that ISO to integrate the game with Steam.

Steam handles game installations differently.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Well I guess I know the rules. I have been using the forum for quite long time. I was asking if I can use that ISO file to install the game because downloading 18GB on a 512kbps connection is pain in the @ss so I don't think I did anything wrong. I have already paid developers, what does it matter if I install it using steam or a ISO file.

Well, you can install the game from the iso and then copy the files to the steam install folder and update. But I don't think that would help since a large portion might still need to be downloaded, depending upon the updates since the game released and what's not included in the iso. Better to be safe and download via Steam.

Top Bottom