Re: Steam related discussions

Hey guys, I've installed steam on my PC and successfully logged in. I ran it a few days back, but now its not openning. its stuck at "connecting account..." screen. I can see in the Resource Monitor that its downloading something, but when it first starts, it searches for updates ans days no update available. I have lots of steam games waiting to be installed but I just cannot start the Steam client. Please suggest a solution.

I dont have broadband, just a 2G connection.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR

Hey guys, I've installed steam on my PC and successfully logged in. I ran it a few days back, but now its not openning. its stuck at "connecting account..." screen. I can see in the Resource Monitor that its downloading something, but when it first starts, it searches for updates ans days no update available. I have lots of steam games waiting to be installed but I just cannot start the Steam client. Please suggest a solution.

I dont have broadband, just a 2G connection.

Simple. Get a broadband. :)

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

it does use some bandwidth while connecting.. minimum of 256kbps is recommended for quick start.. else it may take too long or get stuck while logging in.

Vignesh B

Youngling

Even on a 512kbps connection, it takes around a minute to connect.
Btw what does it do for consuming so much bandwidth just to log in?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

i guess ownership checks, installation checks, friends online, friends status, inventory check, pending invites and events etc..
just checked now and it took exactly 9 secs for me on 512kbps.. :D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

I'm on bsnl too now.. 512kbps.. <10 secs for steam startup..
try these two steps..

1. See if the automatic detection box in lan settings is checked. Uncheck it.

*i.imgur.com/05HaIAE.png

2. Delete everything in the highlighted folders.. you may even add those to automatic cleanup in ccleaner.

*i.imgur.com/52Afatc.png

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

^^ Thanks a lot. The second step solved the issue. Now the starting time is around 10 secs.

The first one will boost the performance of steam browser. Load any webpage in that browser now. And see the magic. ;)

steam sale starts tomorrow/

I found a way to get the games cheaper. Trade with russians. :p

I got HL Complete arount $6(in russian store it is $4.5), where our price is $10.

Till date we abused them in Dota 2, but now I think I have to make some russian friends ;)

But be carefull of the region lockings.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^^ If Steam detects too much of cross region gifting then your friend will have his Steam profile permanently banned :wink:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

^^ If Steam detects too much of cross region gifting then your friend will have his Steam profile permanently banned :wink:

Is it? There are many russian people trade on reddit, I guess per day they trade around 40-50 games. I have not seen anyone reported a ban or something.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Is it? There are many russian people trade on reddit, I guess per day they trade around 40-50 games. I have not seen anyone reported a ban or something.

Read this year old article Steam proves we don’t own the games we buy | Games | Geek.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

How to decide, if you need to buy a game from steam from sale?

*fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/993327_552945064760749_1311803435_n.jpg

Bhargav

In the zone

KF wid Steam treading Cards :hyper::doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb:

Steam Community :: Group :: Steam Trading Cards Group

Niilesh

Padawan

Hey do we need a minimum speed to download games in steam? My DOTA 2 download is stuck at 3.3/3.5 GB :( my Data card interference shows that i have downloaded 110+ MB since i started the download at 3.3 GB

Edit : I found on google that stucking of downloads is a common problem in steam with no proper solution :(
Anyone else had similar experience ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom