Vignesh B

Youngling
Re: Steam related discussions

Only time i got speeds like that, is post FUP. :D
Upgrade your broadband plan!
Post FUP, speed hikes are great. Feels like proper broadband :-D
That is a completely different issue that normal post FUP speed is horrible. Even watching videos in youtube becomes a pain.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Post FUP, i am getting 512Kb/s. Which is quite ok. I am going to get Reliance in a couple of months. 2MB u/l for 750 Rs. No FUP ****. :D

Vignesh B

Youngling

Post FUP, i am getting 512Kb/s. Which is quite ok. I am going to get Reliance in a couple of months. 2MB u/l for 750 Rs. No FUP ****. :D
Even I get 512 KB/s after FUP. But its just about enough to browse. In that speed videos at only 240p work with without buffering!
Those thunder plans from Reliance seem quite good. But no reliance broadband here. :cry:

sygeek

Technomancer

How's their service? Better than BSNL? And how are the gaming pings?

In comparison to reliance, BSNL has utterly retarded plans as well as service. Pings are nowadays going upto 300ms for Indian servers during the day. Thinking about changing to reliance but I didn't have a good experience with them when I wanted to apply for a connection.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Well giving away a copy of Oil Rush, so incase you guys haven't entered check this: Oil Rush Giveaway[Steam] | Karan's Blog

sygeek

Technomancer

Anyone else have inconsistent downloads like this? I have always had this problem with steam for the past year or so (can't remember) with every game.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^
Having it since long time. I don't pay much attention to it. I have it with just about every game which is large in size.

Hey people...
Today i took my old Orange Box and thought of playing Episode One and Episode Two all over again..
But when i install all i am getting is update page. I mean like, i spent like 700 bucks for what? to download games?? If i wanted to spend my Bandwidth to get games, i will got to p*****bay !! why would i spend 700 bucks and spend hundreds of gigs of my bandwidth for downloading games..
What was in the 2 Discs that came in the ORANGE BOX?? STEAM SETUP? Where the F are the F'ing GAMES!!!
I swear to God if i dont get to play my Half Life games without wasting my 10GB bandwidth limit ill never ever buy original games again.
Can anyone help me out here.. how can i play those Half Life games? I payed 700 bucks I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME without wasting my 10GB bandwidth limit.
*img43.imageshack.us/img43/5634/6tq.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ If you have Disc, then install from Disc, copy the installed folder to <Steam Folder>\common\steamApps folder. Then install from Steam, it will recognize the installed files, so it will not download and install the game.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Hey people...
Today i took my old Orange Box and thought of playing Episode One and Episode Two all over again..
But when i install all i am getting is update page. I mean like, i spent like 700 bucks for what? to download games?? If i wanted to spend my Bandwidth to get games, i will got to p*****bay !! why would i spend 700 bucks and spend hundreds of gigs of my bandwidth for downloading games..
What was in the 2 Discs that came in the ORANGE BOX?? STEAM SETUP? Where the F are the F'ing GAMES!!!
I swear to God if i dont get to play my Half Life games without wasting my 10GB bandwidth limit ill never ever buy original games again.
Can anyone help me out here.. how can i play those Half Life games? I payed 700 bucks I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME without wasting my 10GB bandwidth limit.
*img43.imageshack.us/img43/5634/6tq.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The orange box was released in 2007. 5-6 years later you expect that the game won't need updates?

Gollum

Collector

Yea, mostly updated will not take much bandwidth. Around 200-500MB max.

heh, try left 4dead2, you will have to download additional 6gb[2yrs ago], now 8GB extra after installing from the disc

reason: extra new campaigns have been added increasing game size on disk

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Even when I use Steam Backup facility, restoring the game still requires additional download, even for games who don't have any additional content/patches etc. Something, somewhere is seriously wrong. :(

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

heh, try left 4dead2, you will have to download additional 6gb[2yrs ago], now 8GB extra after installing from the disc

reason: extra new campaigns have been added increasing game size on disk

Apart from that they have changed the way the data is stored on the HDD. So the disc install is virtually useless now.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

@mikael_schiffer

that's the main purpose of steam, seamless updates.
your disc contains 6 year old files, the game received many updates since.

and as Extreme gamer said most of the games are converted to new content system on steam. any retail disc that's on old content system is mostly useless.

Cant I just play the old version right away? Lets say Half Life Ep 1 its a prequel to Ep 2 so what is there to update. And while installing from disc 1 it started downloading updates and it hasnt asked for Disc 2 yet. Dammit after Disc 2 they r gnna ask for more updates. I just wanna play Half Life series the way it was 7 yrs ago I dnt want no friggin updates

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Cant I just play the old version right away? Lets say Half Life Ep 1 its a prequel to Ep 2 so what is there to update. And while installing from disc 1 it started downloading updates and it hasnt asked for Disc 2 yet. Dammit after Disc 2 they r gnna ask for more updates. I just wanna play Half Life series the way it was 7 yrs ago I dnt want no friggin updates
Even 7 years ago, Steam was needed to play Half Life 2.

The game has been updated several times after the retail game DVD was manufactured. Even the format of how game data is stored on PC is changed. Retail DVD is useless. You'll have to download or find someone who has updated Steam back-ups for this game.

Top Bottom