sygeek

Technomancer
Re: Steam related discussions

Cant I just play the old version right away? Lets say Half Life Ep 1 its a prequel to Ep 2 so what is there to update. And while installing from disc 1 it started downloading updates and it hasnt asked for Disc 2 yet. Dammit after Disc 2 they r gnna ask for more updates. I just wanna play Half Life series the way it was 7 yrs ago I dnt want no friggin updates
Try this, Hitman: Absolution (Games, PC) Review by Pranav | Flipkart.com

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

Anyone else have inconsistent downloads like this? I have always had this problem with steam for the past year or so (can't remember) with every game.

that's not a problem. it's something related to steam pipe delivery system. steam does a lot of disc work in background after a chunk of download.

Back to piracy i guess .... I can buy my games but I aint putting myself up to this sh! t I will leave original games for xbox360

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I'll never understand how you guys have such strange problems. Been using Steam for 2 years now more or less flawlessly(without many issues)

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

I'll never understand how you guys have such strange problems. Been using Steam for 2 years now more or less flawlessly(without many issues)

well what mikael_schiffer is complaining is always a issue with steam. they should give an option to opt out of updates for single player games. it ain't a problem for some of us but for those who have pitiable fup limits, it's understandable.

also mikael_schiffer, you may have had better luck with any other games other than valve games, they are notorious for pushing trivial updates. :p

Guys i am noob with STEAM and its already blowing steams up my head with all its update problems.
So, umm can anyone tell me how i can advertise my STEAM ID here so that u all can ADD me and INVITE me to your groups :) :) :)

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

Is there any tower defense multiplayer game?
sanctum series, dungeon defenders, orcs must die 2..

Guys i am noob with STEAM and its already blowing steams up my head with all its update problems.
So, umm can anyone tell me how i can advertise my STEAM ID here so that u all can ADD me and INVITE me to your groups :) :) :)

go to edit profile and set up a custom url for your steam profile
it should look like www.steamcommunity.com/id/<your steam id>

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Yeah pretty much a steam noob myself. But did the above and now its done.

Add me people. My id is MultiSapman.

And also been wondering about some thing. For example,say Remember Me is 59.99 USD in steam. Its 999 here on flipkart(Yeah I know we get the cheaper version). My question is if I buy the game from steam,do I have to pay the equivalent amount of 59.99 USD in rupees? :O Thats quite a lot actually. Well over 3k.
Bit confused about this.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

Yeah pretty much a steam noob myself. But did the above and now its done.

Add me people. My id is MultiSapman.

And also been wondering about some thing. For example,say Remember Me is 59.99 USD in steam. Its 999 here on flipkart(Yeah I know we get the cheaper version). My question is if I buy the game from steam,do I have to pay the equivalent amount of 59.99 USD in rupees? :O Thats quite a lot actually. Well over 3k.
Bit confused about this.

yes, you have to pay 59.99$
just buy from flipkart and if it's a steamworks game, you can activate the cd key on your steam account.

btw i have same laptop as yours.
desktop different though. :p

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

^ But that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :p I mean we Indians get a cheaper version of the game because of paper/cardboard box and cheaper product manufacturing process etc,but the game itself remains the same. And since steam is an online distribution service, doesn't it make sense for them to offer a game at the equivalent market price/lower than that of that region? They don't have to deal with disc production and distribution etc. Otherwise there is no benefit unless the steam sales occur.
I mean a guy in India can buy a game for Rs.999 in the market and has to pay 3k to get the game from steam? :p Where's the logic in that? Surely portability doesn't cost an extra 2k :p Especially when you can buy the Rs.999 version and activate it on steam.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

What is your point? The game you buy from FK, you can activate on steam and is same compare to the $59.99 games. We get the games cheaper because it is regional pricing. The industry decided that if they sell the game at cheaper price here, it will sell more, if they doesnot reduce the price lets assume 10 guy will buy this game, but when they reduce the price the number of buyer will increase, maybe 100-200. $20 X 100 allways greater than $60 X 10 that is the reason maybe.

Some games like battle.net games, Guild wars 2 doesnot offer regional pricing.

Anyway the prices gradually fall in steam. And they start offering discount after 6-8 months of game release. And in sales the games become cheaper than FK.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

well if we had separate storefront on steam for India, we could have got subsidized prices like Russian and Brazilian steam stores. sadly we don't. there's no point in buying from steam if our retail prices are lower.. except that many indie games are not available in retail and steam is only choice. hope one day we get a separate store on steam.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

well if we had separate storefront on steam for India, we could have got subsidized prices like Russian and Brazilian steam stores. sadly we don't. there' no point in buying from steam if our retail prices are lower.. except that many indie games are not available in retail and steam is only choice. hope one day we get a separate store on steam.

There will not be any. Because of steam game trade. Everyone will buy game as gift at 1000 Rs and trade it with others @ $40-$50.

Top Bottom