Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Re: Steam related discussions

Piss off.

Chequered history in comparison to S*n, eh?
I just posted a kind of disclaimer and a fact and my opinions regarding this, you are free to avail all those offers, but I would like to add this as a disclaimer. Even then if you wish to avail the offer, or think the association is senseless, you are very free to do so.

Well then,don't buy those games.No need to go around posting useless disclaimers about it,Because frankly,no one gives a damn here.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

I agree with arsenal gunners. You dont boycott games because of who/what it associates with (I am not referring to truly evil people, like politicians, terrorists etc).
It's only because you don't understand the gravity of the situation.

Dont be so offensive lol :D
Offense is intended. If it wasn't a knowledgeable football fan like him, I would have held my breath.

Well then,don't buy those games.No need to go around posting useless disclaimers about it,Because frankly,no one gives a damn here.
Er why not? If it makes difference to one person out of thousands visiting the forum, I'm happy. It was just a single post ffs, geez.

Anyway take my above advice or ignore it, there's no need to troll or use : lol : to wind up another poster on sensitive topic. If you wish to disagree that can be done decently, not acting like a smart arse.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

It won't make a difference because no one cares about a 3rd rate British tabloid's past here.It irked me in the Football thread as well,with you urging people not to post The Sun links.
Anyway,enough off topic stuff.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

^^Agreed.

If anybody wants metro 2033 he can save ~Rs.150 by buying me spacechem. i can give him metro.

rchi84

In the zone

Last day today. Am thinking about picking up Machinarium, Sam & Max complete, and Just Cause 2 (I missed it on the daily deal. Maybe it'll turn up today on Encore?)

Must resist the urge to splurge on impulse purchase of collection packs..

masterkd

Padawan

Ending my summer camp with buying Borderlands:GOTY @$7.50..wanted to buy GTA IV:Complete Edition but parents didn't allow!!

No. Completely different. Most people call it 2D Minecraft but I think it is different.

It would be fun playing together on a server.

So,mm, thats for the replies, LFC fan as well. :). Will have to think about it. I never played Minecraft.

rchi84

In the zone

Well, Summer's over :(

Final day purchases include:

Sam & Max complete (just before the daily deal elapsed)
Machinarium
Capsized
Terraria
Just Cause 2 (with all DLC)

huge backlog of games ahead for a year atleast.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

Finally I started using Steam yesterday... :))

I started to download Portal 2 that I purchased from flipkart.... I left the download to run whole night and in 6-7 hours the downloaded content reached approx. 2200MB, which was 1000MB earlier. Now, I just started it again and download started from 1710 MB. Is this normal with steam or really something got deleted from my computer? :O :( :confused:

Hmm. It might be just normal, it is normal is most cases, but if you want to make sure, just click on the game>properties>check integrity. This might fix any size issues. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

why cant these downloaders be as good as torrent clients ?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Finally I started using Steam yesterday... :))

I started to download Portal 2 that I purchased from flipkart.... I left the download to run whole night and in 6-7 hours the downloaded content reached approx. 2200MB, which was 1000MB earlier. Now, I just started it again and download started from 1710 MB. Is this normal with steam or really something got deleted from my computer? :O :( :confused:
Perfectly normal.

The download will get suspended before completion at times. When you resume then the download completes that instant in these cases lol.

And Finally I have 31 entries in the giveaway. Lets hope I win.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Damn , now I have too many steam games and too little space. Time to buy that 1 TB external. I must have spent like Rs.3500/- on this summer sale alone :O , my Credit Card bill just gave me a shock.

why cant these downloaders be as good as torrent clients ?

I wish they were as well. But what the heck, you can always torrent games and put them in the steam library for steam to detect. Slow download speed problem solved. :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Zeno Clash
Save 75% on Zeno Clash on Steam

Weird game

rchi84

In the zone

MAJOR STEAM UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

Taken from Steam News

<start>

Steam Blog - Valve
Over the years, Steam has delivered a lot of bits to a lot of people. Delivering content is really at the core of Steam, and we have been working on improving that core. As of today, you can download some of the content on Steam using all-new server and client code to get the job done.

The new content system is designed to do two things: deliver better download rates in more places around the world, and also to simply streamline the publishing process on Steam, ultimately making it possible to ship more games than we would have been able to with the old system.

The maximum aggregate bandwidth of the system will be greater than the current system; this will help us satisfy spikes in demand when there’s a big release. We will also be able to send content from more places, to better serve people all around the globe. All the content on the new system is sent via HTTP; this is more firewall-friendly than the current system, and will automatically take advantage of web-caching proxies installed at ISPs.

Another way that the new content system improves the bandwidth picture is by requiring each user to download less data. With the Steam content system that’s been in place for a few years now, if an individual file on disk were modified by a game update, your client had to download the whole file. That can be painful when the file in question is really large. The new system supports delivering only the differences between the old and new files, meaning game updates will be much smaller overall.

These changes have given us an opportunity to write new tools for game developers and content publishers that simplify the process of both publishing and updating a game on Steam. Simplifying the publishing process means it takes the partner and us less time to ship each product, so we can ship more stuff to more users.

In addition, the new content system will allow us to build several new features that we’ve often heard requested. Upcoming client releases will include things like download scheduling, bandwidth throttling, and prioritizing which games get downloaded first. You’ll also be able to download an update to a game while you’re playing that game; Steam will apply the update after you exit the game.

Over time, more and more of the content on Steam will be delivered using this new system. Soon, Dota 2 will be delivered using it. In the meantime, if you’d like to try out this new content system you can do so right now; if you download a 1280x720 (HD) trailer from the store, it will happen via the new content system. Give it a try!

<end>

Oh Hell Yeah!!!

gameranand

Living to Play

Well well well looks like real nice updates for stream. Its already on top these will just make it more worthier.

Top Bottom