baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Re: Steam related discussions

I have not received the codes of the free ARMA II that I signed up for with the SUN code. I had got an email saying that I will receive the code within 3 days.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI

I have a query...is downloading from steam better than purchasing games dirt cheap from Flipkart or Nextworld.in ??

can any1 tell me the price diff b/w steam and these..
AFAIK flipkart has Mass Effect for Rs. 220 and GTA IV for Rs.370...are these available at lower prices on Steam??

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

During the steam sales, like the summer sale that just went by, it is better to buy from steam. But I always make sure that the price difference is significant, because downloading such big games can be difficult. For games like ME and GTA which are really cheap at flipkart, buy it from there only. You will save yourself a lot of time and electricity. But do consider the DLC thing too. Retail DLCs go only with retail games and steam DLCs go only with Steam.

gameranand

Living to Play

Reaper_Vivek said:
I have a query...is downloading from steam better than purchasing games dirt cheap from Flipkart or Nextworld.in ??
Steam does gives dirt cheap offers in many times like recent Summer camp.

You see if you have purchased a game from steam then you don't need to save anything neither setup nor the disk. You a portable game collection accessible from anywhere in the world. You don't have to carry disks with you to play game or anything. You can just download that game at anytime anywhere in the world and play it and also not to forget the your game gets updated. Means you need not to save patches or anything. Also the steam client is kinda cool and offers you in game chat and many features. I say if you have to buy buy from steam even if its somewhat costly.

gameranand

Living to Play

doomgiver said:
well, buy game offline and use the steam's "Activate product on Steam" feature.
Yeah but the problem is that Steam only provides this service for some games not all of em. :(

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

can any1 tell me the price diff b/w steam and these..
AFAIK flipkart has Mass Effect for Rs. 220 and GTA IV for Rs.370...are these available at lower prices on Steam??

Also, if you don't have an Unlimited Broadband, don't bother with Steam.

During the steam sales, like the summer sale that just went by, it is better to buy from steam. But I always make sure that the price difference is significant, because downloading such big games can be difficult. For games like ME and GTA which are really cheap at flipkart, buy it from there only. You will save yourself a lot of time and electricity. But do consider the DLC thing too. Retail DLCs go only with retail games and steam DLCs go only with Steam.

Thank God that you didn't receive the code. The game sucks donkey balls if you are looking fps action. I didn't like it. Waste of bandwidth.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Thank God that you didn't receive the code. The game sucks donkey balls if you are looking fps action. I didn't like it. Waste of bandwidth.

It's not good enough for even a free game? What a shame. I thought I will be able to play co-op with friends here.

rchi84

In the zone

On a side note, if anyone has the Orange Box on Steam, you should try out Cinematic Mod v10.94 for HL2. It revamps the graphics engine, replaces NPC models with HD versions, puts in high res textures, and HDR in HL2 and Episode 1 and looks all round awesome.

Plus, you get the choice to replace Alyx with a model based on Adriana Lima :)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

On a side note, if anyone has the Orange Box on Steam, you should try out Cinematic Mod v10.94 for HL2. It revamps the graphics engine, replaces NPC models with HD versions, puts in high res textures, and HDR in HL2 and Episode 1 and looks all round awesome.

Plus, you get the choice to replace Alyx with a model based on Adriana Lima :)

Oh please. That model to replace Alyx bloody sucks. Character assasination as well as a complete mockery designed for perverts.

rchi84

In the zone

Hey, I never said she's a perfect replacement for Alyx. In fact, in some places, the mouth animations are off.

But it's just something extra, for FREE, i might add.

There are some adult Alyx models for sure, but you don't have to install them to enjoy the mod. the mod works just fine without installing any of the models that come bundled..

rchi84

In the zone

Grid is available for $5 in a mid week madness sale. Great fun driving game for anyone who hasn't played it.

Top Bottom