Static Noise through speakers.

bubusam13

Human
I have Bitfenix Merc Alpha cabby and F&D A520 2.1 speakers. I hear static noise like gurrr gurrr, gharrr gharrr, chukk chukkk both in the speakers connected in rear and headphone connected in front Jack. I am using on-board internal sound card.
My System wiring is OK, I checked it. *i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/MERC/DSCN0557.jpg
Pls help me rectify this problem.

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
gurrr gurrr, gharrr gharrr, chukk chukkk
:rofl:

most common grounding problem symptom. but also happens due to bad filter caps at the power rectifier of the amplifier, or loose contact in wires/dry solder on PCB.

if its under warranty, check using another audio source, like mobile. if problem persists, take it to service.

if out of warranty, open up the boxes and see if the filter caps are swollen and if there is any dry/crumbling solder on the pcb. but i wouldnt recommend this if you are unexperienced in these matters. coz if the speakers run off 230v ac, then there is a good chance of residual charge on the caps and may result in high voltage shock. if they use a ac adapter then you may, but still be wary. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
and the voice cone could also be the culprit.
when do you hear the noise? during some music/game or all the time even when not playing any music/game?

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
all time.. in anything i connect. Be it speaker, headphone or something other. Do I need to buy a separate sound card?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
am confused.. did you test with other audio sorce??

does the noise come through the speakers when you have connected it with any other audio source??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've faced such issue when I put my cell phone near the speaker - so move any cell phone at-least 2 meter away also check the mobos audio post - connect the headphone directly into it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know those stuff - it would be great if you can put in a little more details ;-)

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
No mobile is near my desktop. I connected a 2.1 speaker at rear of my desktop, and a head phone at front jack. I can hear sounf in both even when not playing anything also and when playing also.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
EMI/Power interference effect - most probably your mobos sound chip is somehow affceted by those - if possible test with a discrete sound card or put the mobo on a open table and terst only the rear auido posrt of the mobo using the headphone.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
EMI: Electromagnetic Interference.

em waves exist every where. light is an em wave. radio frequencies are em waves. mobiles work on em waves. only difference is their frequencies. now, mobos and monitors are made of electronic as well as magnetic components. now, normally, in a mobile in idle mode, the signal [tower bars] is low enough for no interference with these components. however, when there is an incoming/outgoing call/sms/gprs then the signal levels are automatically boosted so that communication may not be hampered. but these signal is high enough for interfrence with the components inside the cpu/monitor. in audio circuits these interferences create disturbances which show up as noise.

but from what OP tells us, i think the problem is in the mobo hardware coz both front and back audio ports are having this problem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the cool explanation ;-) anyway, coming back to the OP's issue my most educated guess is that the mobos sound chip causing all these only there's tiny chance for it to be a software issue ( corrupt driver ) - OP should try with some linux live distro.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
hey dude do you have any headphones connected and placed near by ????

mic can be like mic in headsets (headphone + mic) or any dedicated mic connected to PC

if yes it might pick up noise and amplify

solution

1. connect mic when needed or keep mic away from Speakers.
2. When not using mic , mute the mic sound out from sound setting
3. Mute the LINE in input in your sound settings.

if nothing happening

do one thing...

take your sound system away from you speaker (in next room) and connect it to any mp3 players or music player.
if sound garr gar :p remains then speak must be faulty .

if that work correctly then no issues in Speakers :)

now check some other speakers system and connect to you PC ...

if the issue persist , then check your power supply , connect the Speakers with other Power source or directly from main to check

if noise still persist then reinstall the OS and the drivers (fresh copy)

update the drivers (audio)

try again .

an if the issue persist , then check you power su

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
There is no issue in SPEAKERS. I also get noise in headphones when I run a movie in pendrive or portable hard disk connected to front USB ports.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got these kinds of noise a few days earlier and jsut cleaned the sound port ( but it was clean already ) and when the pc was totally powered off just shove the speakers line in on mobo line out firmly and that fixed the issue.

Neo

I too get such noises when there is a power cut and my PC works on the inverter. So my guess would be something related with power source.

Top Bottom