Star Wars: The Force Unleased 2 Discussion

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Okay, as the game is coming out today.. lets start the discussion here.

The demo was out on PSN, Live.. any one played it?

saddy

Broken In
i havent played the first part can any one shed some light and tell how is the game interms of gameplay and other stuff?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm keen on trying this. Never played any previous games or seen any of the Star Wars movies. I saw a couple of gameplay videos over Gamer Trailers. I'll get the PC version, but it seems like a straight console port with a 30fps lock on it.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Played it for 30 minutes. A good Hack 'n Slash game. Enemies are fun to kill.. Physics system is fantastic. Visual design deserves a special mention here.. Environments, models and lightening effects are beyond what i expected(from a console Port). Even though the frame rate is locked to 30FPS, it still is lot fluid in terms of playability.

On the downside, the game simply forgets about explaining what happened in previous game.. making it difficult for franchise starters, Like me.

Should go to wikipedia and read the story of the previous game, now.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Just completed the game. It is extremely average. Combat was fun at starting.. but it gets monotonous after playing a while. Not because there aren't any combos.. but enemies are extremely easy to kill.. and force powers are extremely powerful. There won't be even room to try new combos as the plain Y and B button press will do the job. But there are plenty of combos.. nearly 30 of them. And costumes, Special LightSabers that gives special perks based on what saber the player is holding. Fluid visuals, and physics system, Scale of certain levels, combos(which one will not be using much) are the only pros.

In a word... 7/10

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Faster than Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden ?
Not even close. The combos don't have any diversity or complexity, like Bayonetta. It's very basic hack-en-slash with a mix of Jedi powers.

Vamsi, how long did it take you to complete the game? The tearing in the cut-scenes on the PC version is extremely bad. No option of enabling V-Sync either.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea.. I faced screen tear even while playing the game many times. It took me roughly 6 hours to complete the game. If it isn't "the glitches" which made me to restart several times.. i would have completed it in five and a half hours.

All the combos will have different effect only at the end of the combo.. so, even If i am trying for combos... i can only feel the difference at the end not from the beginning.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Push it, baby push it. Push it as long as you can. It deserves being post phoned.

I was pretty excited about the game. It was kind of disappointment. Nothing was up to mark except visuals and some levels.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm trying to complete shorter games in one go, so trying to cover up as much as I can from my existing backlog.

Top Bottom