Speaker affects color ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using 2 speakers (Local Made) with amplifier placed near my monitor.

I want to know, is placing speaker near monitor have any -ve effect on monitor ?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I think only the amplifier affects colour, not the speakers. Therefore I have kept my speakers sideways to the monitor and the amplifier/woofer in the lower desk of the table.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Unshielded speaker magnets will affect a CRT monitor by changing the display colours, especially at the sides close to the magnet. The effect will change or go away if you move the speakers.

CRTs, including TV picture tubes, are sencitive to magnetic fields, including the earth's magnetic field. Therefore they have what is called a degaussing circuit built in. This applies a strong alternating magnetic field for a brief moment on switching it on, and demagnetises the tube.

The automatic degaussing mechanism works only if it is switched on from a cold condition. But some monitor models also have provision to degauss the tube manually while it is on, in addition to the auto circuit.

Spealers designed for use with computers have shielded magnets that do not affect the CRT.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Unshielded Speakers have Magnetic waves which gets conflicted with the rays of the cathode...since cathode is of -ve rays...it gets attracted to the speakers north pole and thus the colour distortion arises...prolonged use might also have this effect but it's in very rare cases...
Try not to keep them together for long time as it might make it into permanent damage...

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Local made speaker.... i think its unshielded, so its better to keep it away from crt monitor, no problem with LCD though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom