Spaceship Could Fly Faster Than Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Do you mean to say that; the wave which is infact energy moving in a curved path, is traversing more distance? than it's linear propagation? in the same time?

not exactly,you see the wave of energy which is moving along the strings making up time and space is actually transversing more distance along a hyperbolic curved path at different time instances,these events mostly occur in two or more parallel universes connected by some loose strings.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yep Devil talks some serious sh!t, appreciable post of yours (duh why does every other post a troll)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
What rubbish, some loose strings! C'mon man there is nothing called as loose strings. Guys watch Deja Vu, all your Time traveling concepts will be cleared. Denzel Washington movie.

amitava82

MMO Addict
not exactly,you see the wave of energy which is moving along the strings making up time and space is actually transversing more distance along a hyperbolic curved path at different time instances,these events mostly occur in two or more parallel universes connected by some loose strings.
He does not know anything what he just told. Anyone wanna bet? >.<

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^atleast near to what i read that hyperbolic thing is same when i was a physics geek

but me too dont know nothing about it now

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
What rubbish, some loose strings!.

heh,another string theory naab.Lose strings or complete strings are the only way for time-travel and parallel universes to be possible in string theory,which is in fact the central theme of string theory.Gravitons are supposedly made up of these complete strings.A lot of scientists and theories spectulated their existence,never been seen as of now.Gravitons are the holy grail of GUT physicsts right atm.

He does not know anything what he just told. Anyone wanna bet? >.<
Of course I do.
YOU LOOSE,and since I don't like US currency much,you can send me your bloody PSP instead.

IronManForever said:
Do you mean to say that; the wave which is infact energy moving in a curved path, is traversing more distance? than it's linear propagation? in the same time?

Of course this sh!t was meant not to mean anything.:X.

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Since you certainly don't have anything useful to contribute here, it's not necessary for you to post your poor jokes!!!

As for people saying that There has been some thing /laser that moved faster than light or people underestimating the power of yokes, get it straight :that it's not me who is saying that traveling faster than light is impossible!!It's Albert Einstein who said it. Of course, citing that as a proof would be an insult to science. After all, the father of classic physics, Newton had been wrong too. But before jumping to conclusion just understand why Einstein said that.

Now , to understand why it's not possible first take a note that there are two type of mass:
1)Rest Mass( let's consider it m0).
2)relativistic mass(let's consider it m).

That is to say, a parked car(at rest) and an identical car (moving at some velocity ,v) will have different mass, not the same!!!

The relation between these two masses can be given as(sorry for crappy fig):

*img375.imageshack.us/img375/1653/23924811cf8.jpg

See, as the velocity , v increases , m increases too. And if v=c, the mass will be infinity , meaning infinite amount of energy will be required to move / accelerate it.Forget about passing speed of light, even attaining speed of light is not possible.
The reason photons do so , is because they do not have any rest mass!!!.

If , however something travels faster than light it'll actually be time traveling!!!For an observer it will be like watching a object reach its destination even before it left its original place!!! There are other ways to time travel, but that offtopic!!!

Now the only particle that can move faster than light are Tachyons!!! But they are hypothetical. They are yet to be observed , and many believe that they don't exist!!!

And when I say faster than light, I mean it's speed in vacuum!!!!You can actually travel faster than light by reducing light's speed(by say, passing it through water) or something!! It's called Cherenkov Effect!!!But it will be cheating!!!

I will love to hear some arguments against what I said, but please say something with good content!!! Just don't say some thing like "lol!!! Laws are changing now, so all you said was crap" or "Shadows move faster than light!! lol lol lol!! pwn you, omigwad". I probably won't even reply to it!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lolz

I knew that religiously when I was a physics geek. But there was something more I read which I don't remember. Probably someone else will quote it well.

Lolz...its always impossible for strict science followers.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Damn!!! Never thought of lolz!!! How did I miss that??? Thanks for opening my eyes!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^me surrenders, am no physics major *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/103.png

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
that it's not me who is saying that traveling faster than light is impossible!!It's Albert Einstein who said it.
speed of light has indeed been broken for a few decades now. - the interesting thing is that this happens without breaking relativity!!
How?
AfAIK relativity, is more like 'information' cannot travel faster than the speed of light.
A very interesting article, which talks about it..
summary: they send a laser faster than the speed of light, which means..(bang head on wall warning)
that the laser arrives before beginnning :D :lol:
but this laser cannot transfer 'information'(whatever that means), which apparently is all that matters, and what einstein said

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
@t159:Neither am I!!

But just a little clarification about your quote. What Feynman was saying was related to individual photons,regarding Uncertainty Principle!! However if you consider a non-quantum distance, this fluctuation of more or less speed than c, will eventually even out i.e. on an avg, light will travel at the speed of c.

I have no idea why you bought that quote into picture....

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
OK before I start reporting your posts for off-topic abusing and insults and spreading FUD like aliens exist. Stop it.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Just don't say some thing like "Shadows move faster than light
I already said that!!!! Every one knows what you have just said!!!!
speed of light has indeed been broken for a few decades now. - the interesting thing is that this happens without breaking relativity!!
How?
AfAIK relativity, is more like 'information' cannot travel faster than the speed of light.
A very interesting article, which talks about it..
summary: they send a laser faster than the speed of light, which means..(bang head on wall warning)
that the laser arrives before beginnning
but this laser cannot transfer 'information'(whatever that means), which apparently is all that matters, and what einstein said

A great link:*physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/482

Please read it!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom