Sony Xperia U - Any idea?

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hello Guys!

I wana buy this phone n it woud b my 1st android experience. I want to know tht hw much space is available for user n whn it wl b updatd for ICS? I have budget around 15K so is there any other phone in this range?
Thx a lot for ur valuable replies :)

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
xperia u is good phone for the price you should get it for 15-15.5k depending on location.
only downside i can see in the phone is no external card slot.
total memory is 8gb which is divided in 2gb for android,2gb for app and 4gb for you music,photo,videos etc.
so if you find this much sufficient you can go ahead.
also to mention it comes with 50gb cloud storage and OTG support as well.
i feel its a good phone for the price and should be good for 1st time user.

regarding ICS you will get the update in sept 2012, dont ask when will you get jellybean

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Well 4 GB is sufficient for me n wht is OTG Support? Is there any other phone in dis range to compare with?

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
Well 4 GB is sufficient for me n wht is OTG Support? Is there any other phone in dis range to compare with?

if you are flexible on the budget can have look at xperia sola ,Htc one v,ace plus.
actually many phones are getting launched in aug-sept then you will have plethora of choices

ya, to add OTG means on the go you can buy the otg cable and connect usb devices to your phone which use low power such as pendrive,keyboard etc.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Neo L has same memory tht of Xperia U
n I dnt need 16 GB or more space
By d way Wht is d price of Neo L

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Go to gsmarena, check user opinion and search for problems.
Xperia U has serious network reception issues it seems along with freezing and restarting issues.
Maybe some users can comment on these points.
I would say avoid it for the moment. So many users complaining about it, cant be that good.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Just went through last 5 pages of user opinions on GSMarena and I don't see any such posts. Most are positive and also GSMArena a lot of trolls post such stuff when they don't even own the phone.
You can check out Flipkart reviews, most of them are positive and none talk abt any serious issue. Also there is a new software update for the U fixing minor bugs and issues.

ICS update will arrive late august - Early september.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
^
Just went through last 5 pages of user opinions on GSMarena and I don't see any such posts. Most are positive and also GSMArena a lot of trolls post such stuff when they don't even own the phone.

Actually, I dont own it, so I depend on the user reviews.
For a product, if many people are complaining about one or two particular issue, I would either check with someone's handset or stay away from it.

If a s/w bug has already fixed the issues, then there is no problem. OP can surely go ahead with this one (4GB is enough for many, IMHO).
Keep us posted :)

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Thx guys for ur opinions. I hv gone through Xperia U specifications at gsmarena n it looks decent acc. to my needs. I'm thinking to buy it by late August to save sm more bucks to buy it then :D
n Plz tell me d price of Xperia Neo L .

thearpitarya

Right off the assembly line
Xperia u announced on feb 12 released on may12.3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen,led backlight,280ppi pixel density and bravia engine for sharp and crisp pictures,adobe flash 11.0 support,wifi b/g/n,wifi hotspot,dlna,bluetooth 2.1,otg support android 2.3 planned to be upgraded to 4.0 by second quarter of the year.1300mah battery and 0.3 mp front facing camera also the rear 5mp camera with led flash has features like geo tagging,face detection and smile detection.it can also record and play hd videos at 720p@30fps.so i recommend this phone as the best buy for a budget around 15k-16k.and yes there is one con about this phone it only has 4gb of user accessible memory for multimedia purpose and 2gb for application purpose.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
@thearpitarya
Tht was a good review by u
I'm thinking to own d phone by August end n I want tht I gt it with ICS loaded Out-of-the-box .
Regarding space , I'm satisfied vid 4 GB :)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xperia u is an awesum phone.. go for it with ur eyes closed if the storage is enough.

and i have noticed that u have a funny username "reddick":wink:

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hello Guys!
First of all sorry to start this same topic but I want to tell u guys tht I hv purchased this phone yesterday n I'm quite happy with it. It has Gingerbread ver. n I ask service center to upgrade it to ICS which may take sm time.
For d meantime plz tell me d imp. Apps n cool games , preferly free ones :-D , which u guys think wr imp.
Thx 4 ur patience :)

techlover

In the zone
Neo L has same memory tht of Xperia U
n I dnt need 16 GB or more space
By d way Wht is d price of Neo L

Neo L has a micro sd card slot...uts around 17k ...but it also has a single core processor

Think thrice before buying U..
Better to buy xperia neo L or Go by adding 2k more

Go has just 320 x480 resolution ...low for the price

Htc one v,ace .
bettet have a look at newly launched Galaxy S duos ...again single core processor but cones with ICS and 768MB RAM around 17k

ace plus is not good :p outdated GPU ..no ICS update and low screen resolution

Top Bottom