Cyborg Agent
A short review of L

*www.geeknative.com/39731/an-up-close-review-of-the-sony-xperia-l/

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
XPERIA ZR
*api.sonymobile.com/files/xperia-zr-hero-black-1240x840-3c246da752024515e01ace3c654aab7d.png
*api.sonymobile.com/files/xperia-zr-hero-white-1240x840-f91b5fb8496bec36e0b9dac2b89c8d0c.png
*www-static.se-mc.com/blogs.dir/0/files/2013/02/xperia-zr-overview-water-resistance-1600x860-bc9f2de348e2d33d0ceacb839098102d.jpg

Key specs

4.6" 720p Reality Display
2 GB RAM
1.5 ghz APQ 8064 Quad
IP55/58 water resistant
13 MP Exmor RS camera
HDR for photos/videos
8 GB Internal

India launch in June

Expected MRP - 30990

quagmire

Allllright !
randomuser111, XPERIA ZR is basically XZ with 4.6" screen and with a slightly different design right?

Does it have JB 4.2 out of the box?

SahilAr

In the zone
@randomuser,don't you feel xperia sp screen is dull compared to galaxy note 2 and galaxy s3?I mean it looks washed away!

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Compared to S3 and Note 2 it's definitely washed out because Note 2 and S3 are horribly over saturated. Fake colors.

Sony screens show more realistic colors but I guess not many people like real colors.

SP screen is just fine IMO. Not the best screen in the world but not terrible. It's similar to Xperia S/SL screen

SahilAr

In the zone
Fine screen than Nokia/Apple too??And doesn't it feel being hurted when you invest 25k for a phone and get a washed out screen?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@Random: Is it possible to manually adjust the saturation of the screen in SP? If so, that would be great to handle people who complain of washed out screens.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Fine screen than Nokia/Apple too??And doesn't it feel being hurted when you invest 25k for a phone and get a washed out screen?

Apple ? Well that's a bit of a stretch if you're talking about Iphone 5, but compared to 4/4S yes it's about on par.
The screen is less saturated and more towards real life colors, if you don't like that then I really can't say much. You should sell it and get S3. I mean there's no point in me saying anything as if you are not happy then nothing else matters.

My friend bought one today and he is extremely happy with the SP screen, and he came from a GS2.

Since you said the phone shows yellowish whites or something, it may have a defective screen. In that case you can ask for a new unit. Still, I believe best option is to sell it and get S3

@Random: Is it possible to manually adjust the saturation of the screen in SP? If so, that would be great to handle people who complain of washed out screens.

Yes it is, under the White Balance settings. I think the main reason why people seem to think ALL 2013 Xperias have washed out screen is the Grey UI which people think is black and the phones are not showing black but grey. That is not the case. It's the UI itself that is grey and not black. If you compare video playback/photos against any other phone you will notice the 2013 Xperias are no slouch. It's only the grey UI elements that lets them down

Random:are you sure about zr price ? because i don't think it will be so cheap as it has waterproof feature as well.

Yes.

vpower

Broken In
The screen is less saturated and more towards real life colors, if you don't like that then I really can't say much.
I think the main reason why people seem to think ALL 2013 Xperias have washed out screen is the Grey UI which people think is black and the phones are not showing black but grey. That is not the case. It's the UI itself that is grey and not black.
Here's another happy SP user of TDF! Here's a screenshot of the black background/blue flower in lockscreen.
Screenshot_2013-05-08-16-12-59[1].jpg
I have a black SP and if I look at the lockscreen with the above image, I can honestly say the image is 5% less blacker than the bezel. The SP's screen will be great for most of us except those who prefer over-saturated amoleds.

I have been using SP for more than a week and I'll do a detailed un-biased review soon!

harsh1387

Broken In
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new smartphone.
Selected Xperia SP out of all choices around 25k.
Now i am in a dilemma reading that ZR is getting launched.
Few Queries-
1.- Getting SP for 23.5k and ZR price might be 31k. I can spend 7.5k more but i wanna know if ZR is worth that money.
2.- What is the launch date for ZR?
3.- Any other better option in that price range?

Will appreciate the replies.

prat

Broken In
I am using Xperia SP for last 2 weeks and i agree the UI is grey which kind of give the washed out feel. I played around with Xperia ZL and it had the same problem. But as far as video playback and photo viewing is concerned, it is quite good(not at ZL level but still good enough).

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new smartphone.
Selected Xperia SP out of all choices around 25k.
Now i am in a dilemma reading that ZR is getting launched.
Few Queries-
1.- Getting SP for 23.5k and ZR price might be 31k. I can spend 7.5k more but i wanna know if ZR is worth that money.
2.- What is the launch date for ZR?
3.- Any other better option in that price range?

Will appreciate the replies.

ZR gets you quad core CPU, a better 13mp camera and water/dust resistance.

Rest is pretty much the same. So it depends on you what you want to pick.

SP IMO looks better, has an all white body, slightly bigger battery and more value for money.

Top Bottom