Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

john117

Broken In
they should have released it earlier.i would have preferred it over the xperia L.only saving grace is i managed to get it for 14.7k.IMO,theyve priced it too close to each other.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Honami 4K Video Recording Confirmed :) World's first Smartphone with 4K video capture ;)

*securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/584/878/original.jpg

*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/White-Honami_6-640x853.jpg
*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/White-Honami_4-640x853.jpg
*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/White-Honami_3-640x853.jpg

dude1

Journeyman
^^great pics!!
XZ killed S3.. S killes S2. I don't think XZ was meant to compete against S4 which wasn't even released in January.
Dude sure they have diffrent release cycles, but see the release dates....
The release dates of S4 and XZ are closer 2 each other, than that of XZ and S3... also i dont understand what u meant by "KILLED"...S3 is still selling like hotcakes...Just saying:lol:

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^^great pics!!

Dude sure they have diffrent release cycles, but see the release dates....
The release dates of S4 and XZ are closer 2 each other, than that of XZ and S3... also i dont understand what u meant by "KILLED"...S3 is still selling like hotcakes...Just saying:lol:

What you need to understand is all those devices were not developed by Sony. Just because they have the name sony on top doesn't mean they are 100% sony products. 2012 Xperias were developed entirely by Sony Ericsson, after Sony bought SE they just rebranded those phones and sold them as SONY.

It takes 2 years to develop a phone from conception to production. The Xperia Z was also only partly developed by Sony. It had been Sony Ericsson fashion to release phones 1 year behind competition because of several reasons. So do not judge SONY based on what another company (SE) did.

Honami is the first 100% Sony developed product. And as you can see, it blows away the competition. This is what you can expect now for every single Sony phone that launches after Honami.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
So looks like Honami will have a 1/2.3 sensor rather than a 1/1.5 :-D

Still beats the 1/1.5" 1020 cuz 1020 camera quality is crap :D Also don't forget it has a lens accessory with 1" sensor and F1.8 lens which can blow the 808 out of the water as well ;)

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/White-Honami_1-640x853.jpg

*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/White-Honami_2-640x853.jpg

*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/White-Honami_7-640x480.jpg

With XPERIA Z

Honami Seems Thicker than Z due to 3000 mAh Battery and Also Notice A Magnetic Doc Port On the SIDE

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Simple logic

If you need to put in more stuff, you need bigger space. Sony engineers are not magicians to create additional space magically for all the bigger and extra components and still keep it 8.3mm thin ;)

It has a camera sensor twice bigger than the one your Nexus 4 and LG Optimus G2 but is thinner than both with a prime Sony G LENS Optics.

@Topic

Anyone who doubts my claim or thinks Honami camera would be disappointing kindly look at this 8MP sample from Honami yourself and post your opinion

*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/b5fn.jpg/

Last edited:

dude1

Journeyman
What you need to understand is all those devices were not developed by Sony. Just because they have the name sony on top doesn't mean they are 100% sony products. 2012 Xperias were developed entirely by Sony Ericsson, after Sony bought SE they just rebranded those phones and sold them as SONY.

It takes 2 years to develop a phone from conception to production. The Xperia Z was also only partly developed by Sony. It had been Sony Ericsson fashion to release phones 1 year behind competition because of several reasons. So do not judge SONY based on what another company (SE) did.

Honami is the first 100% Sony developed product. And as you can see, it blows away the competition. This is what you can expect now for every single Sony phone that launches after Honami.

I really did'nt know that... can you provide the links to sources where u found the above info? I tried to google but was unable to find anything...

shreymittal

Being Human
@dude1 : Don't ask about source or link from randomuser here specially in Xperia Thread because "Jo cheez Google Baba ko nhi pata xperia ke bare mien woh randomuser ko pta hai". :D

LegendKiller

In the zone

Lolz:lol:
It reminds me of your response to the xperia-z screen woes.......something on the ground of 1 batch made my 1 co other by sharp and stuff.

Once a company puts it's logo on it..........it's a done deal. sony could very well have taken a 6 month hiatus then? Sony is responsible for the phone it releases irrespective of where the screen is made and whether the product was a result of a JV which ended a year ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"reply to page-54 dialogue"

but the fact remains that sony has got it's strategy completely wrong. 1st a flagship waterproof phone with a "less than" perfect screen. Now a 6.4 inch behemoth of a phone called z-ultra and a 20mp phone.

What they really needed to do was on the lines of lumia 925. release a upgrade to z&zl with all the problems related to screen fixed.

only a knowledgeable guy such as yourself,part of < 0.01% of mobile-users, would know why xperia-z screen was not doing well because of a certain "screen supplier" and because it was " designed by Sony Ericsson" and even <0.01 % people would buy these excuses.

Now this honami phone , as per photos , is even bigger than xperia-z which was the upper limit for even a big guy like me in respect of one-hand usage.......is going to be a bummer despite best - screen,camera,software,hardware and packaging.:-D

Last edited:
Top Bottom