Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Does the new Xperia line such as Z / ZR have any pull down toggles for Wifi, Bluetooth and such? This is one feature of Samsung phones that I like a lot.
The Sony LWW that I have has been updated to ICS but I have to go to homescreen to toggle those things. Annoying.

Can anyone tell me about the performance of CPU / GPU on the Xperia ZR compared to Samsung S3? I am debating which one to get among these two.
The ZR seems to be better on paper w.r.t. RAM, water resistance (very useful in coastal Kerala), 2 GB RAM!!
Really worried about 8 GB internal memory of which only 3+ will be user available. I tend to install many many applications and need that space. And that too when they do not allow them to be moved to microSD.

And wonder why there is not a single review of it anywhere yet?

Yes, Z and ZR have pull down toggles. 4.2 update will give us 8 toggles.
Performance wise even the cheaper SP will own Galaxy S3, the Z/ZR totally owns the Galaxy S3
The 8 GB internal memory is a big issue. U will get around 5.3 or 5.8 GB depending on ur phone. Apps and games,alongwith their temp file,downloaded file,save file etc will be saved in ur internal memory. Games like NFS MW will eat up nearly 2GB ..i have like 50+ HD games,all ranging from 200MB upto 2GB, and i cant install more than 4 or 5 high end games at a time. There is no way u can have Real Racing 3, NFS MW and Bards Tale installed at a time.

Not just games,apps causes headache too. My 9gag app has over 60MB cache,cant modify the destination ofr saving pics. Video editors like FX Guru saves all "effects" in internal memory and that hogs up space like anything.
btw,my bro who owns Xperia Z is already low on internal memory:-D so i guess it all comes down to our personal usage..

Jay1234

Journeyman
I HAVE RECENTLY FACED A FEW PROBLEMS 1 Yesterday When I Tried sending an audio file to my friend it was'nt Even Scanning his Bluetooth after Restart It worked ? 2 Today i was calling someone but i was unable to hear anything even in speaker mode after restart it also worked ?

What is the Problem Guys i am guessing software issue, i recently updated to 15.0.A.1.31 !

surajmittal

Right off the assembly line
The device has great features like 5-inch Capacitive Touchscreen , Android 4.1.2 OS, 13MP Rear Camera , 1.5GHz Krait processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Memory, Expandable up to 32GB. If you want to stay head in the race of latest technologies you can not miss it.

surajmittal

Right off the assembly line
Tremendous Device. 5-inch Capacitive Touchscreen , Android 4.1.2 OS , 13MP Rear Camera , 1.5GHz Krait processor, 2GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU , 16GB Internal Memory, Expandable up to 32GB , GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G makes this device ultimate. If you want to stay ahead in the race of latest technologies you can't miss it.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
The images, posted by Just Another Mobile Phone Blog, show a fairly generic-looking black handset with a design similar to the OmniBalance design found on the Sony Xperia Z. The phone's backside is home to its 20-megapixel camera, and while the Honami shown in these photos has an LED flash, it's said that the final model will sport a Xenon flash. Also shown in this batch of leaked photos is a microSD card slot, magnetic charging port, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a dedicated camera key for that beefy shooter on the Honami's backside.

Besides its 20-megapixel camera and microSD slot, the Honami is rumored to be coming to market with a larger-than-5-inch display and a Snapdragon 800 processor. While still very much a rumor, the Honami's should slot in at the high-end of Sony's lineup if its alleged spec list holds true.

*r.phonedog.com/shared/images/2013/6/178171-sonyhonamiside.jpg

*r.phonedog.com/shared/images/2013/6/178171-sonyhonamirear.jpg

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Performance wise even the cheaper SP will own Galaxy S3, the Z/ZR totally owns the Galaxy S3

No chance buddy... Galaxy S3 is a powerhouse. Superb camera, great screen, powerful processor, highly optimised implementation of Android.

Xperia SP is not in the same league as Galaxy S3.

Xperia Z/ZL/ZR is still using the same SOC as the Nexus 4. You can't get a better phone than that at the price. Even a Galaxy S4 cannot beat a Nexus 4 in smoothness and fluidity.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
SONY on a roll :D

After launching the world's first Snapdragon 800 smartphone, it will next launch the world's first smartphone with 4K video recording ;)

Top Bottom