Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I am thinking of going for xperia sp to replace my crap xperia j. There are certain rumours that KLP would be available for quad core phones only. If thats the case then spending 27K on this wouldn't be future proof right? Also does anyone know where i can replace my phone. Its barely 3 months old and in excellent condition.

That's imposible, maybe it wont be available for A5 dual core

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Kinda off topic but...

Sony ranked No.2 most Reputable tech firm in the world, and No.6 overall ;) Google ranked No.1 among tech firms and No.4 overall.

The World's Most Reputable Companies - Forbes

Also,

Galaxy S4 vs Xperia Z screen comparison

Last edited:

cooldude94

Journeyman
randomuser111 can you tell which version will retail in India C5302 with 3g or C5306 with lte ? India has lte in 1900 band so lte will work here. It will be nice for future as lte will probably launch by next year.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hspa+ C5302 of course
India uses TD LTE spectrum which is not supported by any global LTE phone, as its used only by China and India.

The Sony phablet will be the first smartphone in India that supports Indian TD LTE bands due the Snapdragon 800 MSM8974 chipset which supports ALL global LTE bands. The Sony 2H 2013 flagship will also support Indian LTE bands

Last edited:

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
How is the display quality of the L (my only concern with this phone), compared to say, a SII Plus or S Advance or Desire SV or Desire X (I will be using my phone for watching TV Shows and Movies, a lot!!)??
But judging by the specs the price should not be more than 15-16K as the Lumia 520 and Lumia 620 ship with the same chipset and they are priced below 15K...

quagmire

Allllright !
How is the display quality of the L (my only concern with this phone), compared to say, a SII Plus or S Advance or Desire SV or Desire X (I will be using my phone for watching TV Shows and Movies, a lot!!)??
But judging by the specs the price should not be more than 15-16K as the Lumia 520 and Lumia 620 ship with the same chipset and they are priced below 15K...

Screen size of 4.3",on the SXL is a little small for that don't you think?
Read this for pricing and other details..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^4.3" is by no means small for any kind of viewing, at least I believe that personally; it can vary for others though.

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Screen size of 4.3",on the SXL is a little small for that don't you think?
Read this for pricing and other details..

Buddy, I get what you are trying to say, but I find phones that are bigger than 4.3 inches a little to big to use comfortably and for one hand operation.
After all, its a phone not a tablet!
That's the reason why I am not to keen on the popular choice, the LG Optimus L9..
I think that the sweet spot of screen size is between 4 to 4.3 inches, just look at Apple and Blackberry for example...

One disappointment that I have about the L is that it does not have the Mobile Bravia Engine 2 natively...

One thing is for sure I am not buying the Xperia L unless it gets a good review from GSM arena, no matter how good people say it is.
I don't care what people say, to me the Xperia L (with a rumoured price of 18K) has got the exact same Soc as the Lumia 520 which is priced at 10.5K!! That ain't value for money, I don't care how good its camera may be (cause the Lumias aren't too shabby in that department either)...
I just hope that we see some Android phones with this Soc with a more affordable price tag...

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I don't care what people say, to me the Xperia L (with a rumoured price of 18K) has got the exact same Soc as the Lumia 520 which is priced at 10.5K!! That ain't value for money, I don't care how good its camera may be (cause the Lumias aren't too shabby in that department either)...
I just hope that we see some Android phones with this Soc with a more affordable price tag...

If there is an xda/cyanogen or any other working JB for 520, then I am certainly going to by one :)

Flash

Lost in speed
If there is an xda/cyanogen or any other working JB for 520, then I am certainly going to by one :)
Custom ROMs are possible for Lumia, but not Android-JB-based..
Nokia Lumia 800 Gets First Custom ROM! – xda-developers

prat

Broken In
When is xperia sp actually launching? I went to sony centre yesterday and they were teling late may or early june.

Top Bottom