Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

ashs1

Padawan
Lucky you... & here we are getting updates( xperia L ) to the existing Jelly bean which, instead of bringing improvements, brings more bugs. :/

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
People who have already updated to KitKat (ZR)
- Do you still have the facility to access the microSD card as USB storage or is it MTP only?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
People who have already updated to KitKat (ZR)
- Do you still have the facility to access the microSD card as USB storage or is it MTP only?

On my Z on KitKat there is an option of accessing microSD card as MSC or accessing both as MTP

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=163350]ZTR[/MENTION]
Good to know.

----------

Yesterday I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to KitKat. Chose OTA method hoping that it will retain root.

A 290 MB odd download later phone rebooted and I was staring at the Android logo for sometime say about 5 minutes. Before hand phone had warned me that this might take approximately 35 minutes.
After 5 minutes or so phone proceeded to boot. I did not see the Android is upgrading screen. Got to wondering what is this.

Once the boot up completed I checked the notification to see the new version. Surprised to see it the same as old. On unlocking the screen a notification popped saying "Could not install update. Try again" or something like that.

But there was some change. For eg. the Note and Keyboard applications now put a red underline for words not recognised.

When I went back to the update centre to try it again, I saw that it had already deleted the previous download and I had to do it all over again.

Not having enough battery and time, I have presently postponed it for later.

Note: I have rooted my ZR using Towelroot. Also I have shifted many applications to a second ext partition on SD card using link feature of Link2SD. Not sure if any of that has played a role in this failure.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There is a possibility that Sony may allow applications to move to SD card in some models at least Sony brings App to SD card support in latest Xperia KitKat firmware | Xperia Blog

Please note that
1. It is not even sure if it is actually an external SD card that is being referenced
2. May be restricted to lower spec models only
3. May not involve moving data but only apk

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Xperia ZR now 26,999 in flipkart. I am so glad I got it for 18,490 few days back. :nanananana::nanananana:

That is simply unbelievable right now. Fluke price.

-----------------

I did finally upgrade to KitKat through PC Companion. All of my settings were preserved including the irritating "not respecting 2G only setting" bug ;)
Not seeing much improvement in battery life. Speed of operations seem to be partially hampered. May be a clean factory reset - reinstall routine might help but I am too lazy to do all the customizing all over again.

Rooting through Towelroot worked and Link2SD caused endless bootloops. Had to use a rebootfix method from XDA-Developers to stop that. SDFix later. Now my phone just works the way I want.

I am worried about losing root with the upcoming 4.4.4 update :-(

Top Bottom