Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
OTA updates arrive late or never. I remember 4.3 update when I kept on thinking "where is it where is it" all the while when it was available through pc suite.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
How does keeping "Daydream" active affect battery and charging?
Does it lead to increased time to full charge?
Will it cause degradation of battery life - not the standby or talktime but the time before battery needs replacement.

Minion

Conversation Architect
How does keeping "Daydream" active affect battery and charging?
Does it lead to increased time to full charge?
Will it cause degradation of battery life - not the standby or talktime but the time before battery needs replacement.

It increases time for full charge.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Oh! I have just begun enjoying a swimming fish daydream :)

----------------------

How to easily reset the menu after I have done lots of juggling?

Last edited:

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Pray tell how? PC Companion?
What features are lost with this update?
Will I lose root?

PC Companion. Nothing over the air.
I now regret my decision to update my phone. The battery life has plummeted. I even switched off my phone at 54%, and when I switched it back on after 2 hours, the battery charge was down to 21%. I don't know how is this possible, but it happened today.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There are reports of battery drain. In the beginning it is normal because all the applications are recompiled or something. Then it could also be Google Chrome (recent updates) - you could try uninstalling updates of Google Chrome and deleting all data.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Well, on XDA they've suggested some solutions, which include
1) installing Google Play Services 5.0.xx
2) disable AVD, reinstall google play services, enable AVD (though, this solutions works as long as you don't reboot your phone. After rebooting, problem appears again)

But again, there were some members who didn't seem to benefit from any of the solutions.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Yeah
Let's see.
There's nothing much I could find, though. Just some slight changes here and there, like, notification bar, messaging app, camera app, etc.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Didn't Sony remove the ART feature?
I think Sony has removed ART from KitKat. We'll have to stay with Dalvik, I guess.
Hope to see ART in Android L.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
10.5.A.0.230 update has landed for me through OTA.

But I am waiting for more feedback before updating. Worried about loss of root, file access privileges to SD card for applications etc.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What is that - a custom ROM? I am referring to the OEM ROM by Sony. As far as I know KitKat has far reaching limitations on the access to SD card for applications compared to 4.3.

-----

I have vague recollections of reading about WiFi being always on or WiFi based location always on in KitKat. Is it true?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
What is that - a custom ROM? I am referring to the OEM ROM by Sony. As far as I know KitKat has far reaching limitations on the access to SD card for applications compared to 4.3.

-----

I have vague recollections of reading about WiFi being always on or WiFi based location always on in KitKat. Is it true?
Nope... You get an option to switch that on/off as you wish... It's called "Scanning always available" under Advanced in the WiFi settings...

Top Bottom