Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

rish1

Cyborg Agent
internal SD card and external SD card ...now what are those :blink::chinscratch:

external SD is your micro Sd card.

the total phone memory is divided into 2 parts

1) phone memory ( usually 1 gb or less )
2) internal sd card ( remaining memory )

so a typical 4gb phone is divided like this

phone memory - 800 mb
internal sd card - 2.5 gb

before android 4.1 there use to be only phone memory and micro sd card..
so if you installed an app it will install in phone memory and you could move the application data to micro sd card..
app2sd

but after 4.1 google introduced internal sd card.. what it does is fool apps into believing that micro sd card is actually internal sd .. so the apps still install in phone memory but transfer its app data to internal sd card .. so the total app + data still remains in phone memory ... and hence not transferable to micro sd card..
it was just introduce to stop people from transferring there apps to micro sd card..

in simple words its just a partition .. like you have c: and d: in windows..

that's why the app2sd does not work...
so in order to transfer apps to sd card after 4.1 we can only swap sd cards..

so if you have a 4gb phone with 16gb microsd card

before swap
internal phone memory - 800mb
internal sd card - 2.5 gb
external sd card - 12 gb

after swap
internal phone memory - 800 mb
internal sd - 12gb
external sd - 2.5 gb..

so once again it fools apps

Last edited:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@grinning_devil

Did you get the phone delivery from India times for Xperia ZL? How was the package and what are the contents of the package?

Also let me know your view on the Xperia ZL.

Yes, got it from Indiatimes. Packaging was excellent, though the courier (RedExpress) took 3 days for a part which Indiatimes paid to be delivered as "Same Day Delivery" - apart from this minor wait, all in all an excellent package.

Contents are the standard, USB cable + charger, headphone and manuals. Also included a shiny silver colored back panel (worth 1400 as per sticker on the box) , and accidental damage protection from Sony.

In stock it was 4.1,on booting up and connecting to Wifi, within 30 minutes it was updated to 4.2 via OTA. Last week of December it was updated to 4.3 (via pc companion)

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with it - excellent display, nice camera, good wifi reception etc . As others are complaining, my RAM usage never crosses 60%, no shutter slowness while using camera in auto config. Just loving every moment with it :)

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Any one experiencing bluetooth issues in their Z-series phones?
My ZR(C5502) fails to recognize devices! :(
I don't know if it is a hardware or firmware issue, but upgrading it to 4.3 did not show any improvement.

Puneet247

Broken In
hey I too bought yesterday from local shop but cant get the accidental damage waranty :cry: . Is it included with the bill ? the box has no mention of it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Generally reading from sd card is faster but writing is slower. So the OP was worried about FullHD recording I guess.

yes I was worried about recording too as it writes at 17MB/s and sandisk ultra is said to be writing only at 12MB/s

@puneet it was written on my box

kapilove77

Padawan
There is none i found it yet. But iam using this. SONY XPERIA ZL MOBILE LEATHER DAIRY FOLIO FLIP COVER CASE POUCH "DIRECT CALLING" | eBay

kapilove77

Padawan
Even rooting ZL dosesn't help to move apps to sd. And rooting doesn't brick your phone but flashing and unlocking bootloader does brick your phone.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Even rooting ZL dosesn't help to move apps to sd. And rooting doesn't brick your phone but flashing and unlocking bootloader does brick your phone.

Rooting does help you in moving the applications to SD card. In fact rooting allows much more than what is accomplished by the conventional applications to SD card. You would need to use Link2SD and a second extx partition on the SD card though.

----------

Is there any way of rooting the most recent ZR official ROM?

Top Bottom