Sony Vaio CB35 Discussion thread.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
My take- Observe the following screenshot-

*i.imgur.com/lHhVj.png

Now, see the Up time which is 3hr+ and temp is 47°-48°. I must mention that laptop is running by kepping on bed which further obstructs cooling & increases temp. If after this much temp is just this much, can you see any point of heating issues? My lappi daily runs for at least 16 hrs and has never crossed 51°. There is not at all any heating issues mate. :)

Moreover I feel blow of "hot-air" only and only when I game, then temps are in sixties or early seventies after prolonged gaming.

I hope this clears all your confusion. :)

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Woah!
CB45 model out, priced at 59990!!!!

I dunno what else to write here. Sony just blew it.!

CB45 is just an overpriced CB35 with only 1 change. 500GB.7200 Vs 640GB.5400 . Now, at least for me, the prior wins hands down, may be the shooting sales of CB35 made Sony greedy :))

randomuser111

Technomancer
What I meant to say was they are going to hurt their sales with this Rs.5000 price hike. CB was a good buy cuz you could get a Full HD screen laptop with decent specs for just about 51-52k. At 59k I am not so sure why someone would choose it over the Dell XPS 15 and HP DV6 and the new Asus models.

IMO it does not deserve that price with only a dual core CPU and 6630M GPU.

Thankfully the street price will be about 56k. So its not THAT bad a price but still it should have remained the same.

Terabyte

In the zone
Hey Sujay I am also looking to get this laptop.
Had one query - Is it possible to turn off the backlit for keyboard? If yes how?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes you can turn off the backlight by going into the Vaio Control Center - Keyboard. You can choose from auto, always on and never.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
My friend has bought a black coloured CB35 model.After about 1 month of troublefree usage,he's been facing issues with the OS.After every 5-6 days,a message comes "OS NOT FOUND".We hAve tried recovering the system 7times,but the same thing happens everytime.My other roommate with an E series vaio has also started facing the same issue from the pAst two days.
Can someone help on this??We are really fed up of this and the irresponsible behaviour of Sony support team.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Most probably your vaio recovery partition is corrupted. I have 3 vaios with me and never saw this problem. But I saw one guy at service centre with corrupt recovery partition issue, though his problem was something different. You'll have to take it to service centre.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Can this issue,by any far probability be related to kaput CMOS battery!??Because a similar issue on hp laptop was solved by replacing the cmos

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I don't think so. Sounds illogical. But tell me, when you do recovery after you face the issue, does the problem re-occurs instantly or again after a week?

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hmm.. I guess there's some locha in recovery partition itself. But corrupting again and again sounds like :confused:. Rare chances of some rootkit sitting inside recovery. I'd still suggest you to visit sony centre and get you HDD factory restored (mention recovery partition sepcifically).

anakin

Right off the assembly line
hi, i have purchased d same cb35 just 15 days back. i gt to say your review of it ws quite helpful. i m havin jus one problem since past couple of days. my keyboard backlight has been kept on auto. in the beginning it used to turn on whenever the ambience lighting ws low (say suppose i switched off a light in the room, it wud turn on). Bt nowadays its been turning on only wen i press a key. i m thinkin mayb theres a problm wid its light sensor??

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hi, i have purchased d same cb35 just 15 days back. i gt to say your review of it ws quite helpful. i m havin jus one problem since past couple of days. my keyboard backlight has been kept on auto. in the beginning it used to turn on whenever the ambience lighting ws low (say suppose i switched off a light in the room, it wud turn on). Bt nowadays its been turning on only wen i press a key. i m thinkin mayb theres a problm wid its light sensor??

Thanks for appreciation. :)

Light sensor should be just opposite to light to sense properly. But IIRC backlit never turns on automatically if I shut light off. Its for display light. But I'll try and report back tomorrow. (my laptop is messed up now).

Terabyte

In the zone
^
Yes you can turn off the backlight by going into the Vaio Control Center - Keyboard. You can choose from auto, always on and never.
Sorry for the late reply, n thanks!

Also are you guys satisfied with performance of second gen i5 or getting Quad i7 is worth?
How is the performance of 6630M? Anyone played games on it?

Top Bottom