Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I would rather buy a monitor than a TV at this point. A cheap 10K monitor comes with 3 yrs warranty whereas even a 2 lac TV comes with 1 yr warranty. You also need a setup box anyways to watch TV now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would rather buy a monitor than a TV at this point. A cheap 10K monitor comes with 3 yrs warranty whereas even a 2 lac TV comes with 1 yr warranty. You also need a setup box anyways to watch TV now.
Or you can buy cheap 40/43" VU/TCL/Iffalcon TV for ~20k & buy 1 year extended warranty for ~1.5k(for VU tv) & after 2 years exchange the TV in amazon/flipkart oct sale for ~4k to buy whatever similar option is available at that time & so on.:)

quicky008

Technomancer
I use a 24" Monitor with my PS4 Pro. :D
I read somewhere that ps4 games tend to look washed out and dull on a monitor as compared to tv-is that really the case?What system/equipment are you using to get audio output from your console?(since most monitors dont have inbuilt speakers,unlike tvs).

i have an old 20" samsung lcd monitor lying around that's not used much these days-it has a dvi port.Can the ps4 be connected to this monitor using a hdmi to dvi adapter cable?

Nowadays 32 inch monitors are available from good brands like LG for around 15-18k(many are listed on amazon itself)-they are equipped with ips panels and are 1080p compliant,which almost no HDTVs support(from reputed brands)in this price category.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I read somewhere that ps4 games tend to look washed out and dull on a monitor as compared to tv-is that really the case?What system/equipment are you using to get audio output from your console?(since most monitors dont have inbuilt speakers,unlike tvs).
It depends on the panel and post processing done by the TV and monitor. Old monitors with crap TN panels and terrible color accuracy would obviously look washed out compared to any decent LED TV of past 5-8 years.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
speaking of PS4... man i am tight on budget and after watching all those gameplays on Youtube, i am very eager to get one..

waiting for price to drop in any of the online sales or buy a good one second hand,

if anyone wish to donate their PS4 for money, let me know :D

quicky008

Technomancer
speaking of PS4... man i am tight on budget and after watching all those gameplays on Youtube, i am very eager to get one..

waiting for price to drop in any of the online sales or buy a good one second hand,

if anyone wish to donate their PS4 for money, let me know :D

Watching which gameplays in particular have increased your urge to get the ps4?

I for one want a ps4 for playing the exclusives mainly,but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many good ones among them.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Watching which gameplays in particular have increased your urge to get the ps4?

I for one want a ps4 for playing the exclusives mainly,but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many good ones among them.

I watch Rad Brad channel.. best channle for gameplayd.. he does not do nonsense intro and nonsense talks. Just gameplay

I am more interested in

God of War
Days Gone
Last of US
Horizon Zero Dawn

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

i have an old 20" samsung lcd monitor lying around that's not used much these days-it has a dvi port.Can the ps4 be connected to this monitor using a hdmi to dvi adapter cable?

Nowadays 32 inch monitors are available from good brands like LG for around 15-18k(many are listed on amazon itself)-they are equipped with ips panels and are 1080p compliant,which almost no HDTVs support(from reputed brands)in this price category.
As Saiyangoku said, it depends on the panel and post processing. I use a Benq monitor. It has speakers and a headphone jack. I use a hdmi to connect to the monitor and connect a 2.1 speaker to the headphone jack of the monitor. The audio from hdmi passes to the speakers through the monitor. You can also connect a headphone directly to the ps4 controller too.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I do not have playstation.. money problem.. will buy one when I get good deal
Who doesn't have money problem? I mean in these testing times like corona etc
But PC gaming is more than enough nowadays I think because I lost the appetite for games though I am buying them thinking of playing them when I get the appetite to play and there are aceivements to get also in Steam.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Gollum

Collector
*www.flipkart.com/sony-ps4-slim-1-t...JK&marketplace=FLIPKART&pageUID=1599493800242

This is a nice bundle. You get 4 game discs with it.

bubusam13

Human
I thaught PS5 will be slimmer but looking at the teardown, it doesnot seem like I will be able to carry it while traveling. Should I get a PS4 slim ? Getting it with 4 games at 28K

Last edited:

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I thaught PS5 will be slimmer buy looking at the teardown, it doesnot seem like I will be able to carry it while traveling. Should I get a PS4 slim ? Getting it with 4 games at 28K
If you are getting a PS4, get the PS4 Pro. You will get much better performance in 1080p than the slim.

Top Bottom