Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

quicky008

Technomancer
a ps4 bundle with 3 games is currently selling for around 30k on amazon-is the ps4 still worth buying at full price?

Is a revised version of the current ps5 aka ps5 mini expected to launch anytime soon ?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
a ps4 bundle with 3 games is currently selling for around 30k on amazon-is the ps4 still worth buying at full price?

Is a revised version of the current ps5 aka ps5 mini expected to launch anytime soon ?

I just sold my old PS4 for 13.5k locally. I sold it because newer titles were struggling in it. And I don't think it is going to last more than 1-2 years. After that it would be obsolete.

For those requiring a slim option, if your titles are not PS exclusive then xbox series s seems a good option.

quicky008

Technomancer
do ps4 games look good when run on hd ready tvs(ie tvs with a native res of 768p)? What kind of display did you use with your ps4?

I wanted to buy a ps4/5 to check out the exclusive titles only eg spiderman,god of war etc.I have no interest in other non-exclusive titles as they are readily available for pc.

Also is having a high speed broadband connection a must for people planning to buy a ps4 or ps5? i have heard that most ps games aren't playable unless one installs several GBs of updates/patches from the internet first-is it really so? Can i still play these games if i choose to skip updating them due to the non-availability of a good internet connection?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
do ps4 games look good when run on hd ready tvs(ie tvs with a native res of 768p)? What kind of display did you use with your ps4?

I used it with old 2011 LG HD TV. It had resolution of 1920x720 ig, and PS4 titles looked good for its time.
Also is having a high speed broadband connection a must for people planning to buy a ps4 or ps5?

Yupp, the updates are huge. Also if you buy blu ray disc, the game may still require internet for patches etc. As for online, it did update frequently ( for eg. In fortnite updates came more frequently than in pc) high speed may not be a must, but unlimited internet is a must. Especially if you will buy from ps store.
Can i still play these games if i choose to skip updating them due to the non-availability of a good internet connection

You can, but then condition is to not connect to internet by switching it off completely from settings and by using the disc. Once it connects, the updates will start popping up. But they can be cancelled. Multiplayer won't work without updating though, but you can play single player.

Top Bottom