Sony or Samsung?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
well reputation for a brand is also very difficult to build..

sony is good in sound and picture too.. but @asingh - choose 1 model from both brand.. check out at showroom and then decide.. that would be really help..

are u interested in LED or LCD? coz in 40" screen within ur prices there are already were less option.

Meaning I got to increase my budget..?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Between Sony and Samsung, I would choose Samsung!
However, also look into LG LE series LED displays. I went for LE 7500 last yr in september. Awesome CR and along with response time of 5ms! Has USB slots and is capable of playing matroska high definition formats easily! Take a demo for urself as suggested by other members.

abhidev

Human Spambot
one of my frnd just bought a LG 46" Led TV...its just awesome...i really loved the True motion feature of LG....gives life like picture quality...moreover the usb in the tv can connect portable hard disks and also can play mkv files...howzaatt???:cool:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ asingh

Try panasonic viera V series 42inch plasma. One heck of a panel and you won't be dissapointed. My brother owns a 50 incher and the blacks still amaze me. Great contrast and true colour rendition. It competes with sony high end monolithic led tv's and gives them a good run for their money.

Go to the nearest panasonic retail outlet and have a demo. Play some blueray rips if possible. Post your comments here after that.

Check the model HERE.

p.s

Don't invest in led's now as they are not worth the price. They are mere edge led's i.e only present in the edges. Rest are ccfl's. Pure RGB led's are sometime away from the market. They will make much more sense.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Forget LED then. For normal LCDs...40" what is good..?

in samsung this is the only model you have - LA40C550 priced at 60K but in market you can get at 54k

and in sony - KLV-40EX500 costing 55k(best LCD option in sony) otherwise
KLV-40BX400 - 50k (less HDMI port but has FM, 50Hz, no tilting)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
in samsung this is the only model you have - LA40C550 priced at 60K but in market you can get at 54k

and in sony - KLV-40EX500 costing 55k(best LCD option in sony) otherwise
KLV-40BX400 - 50k (less HDMI port but has FM, 50Hz, no tilting)

Okay thanks. Sounds good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
one of my frnd just bought a LG 46" Led TV...its just awesome...i really loved the True motion feature of LG....gives life like picture quality...moreover the usb in the tv can connect portable hard disks and also can play mkv files...howzaatt???:cool:

which model no & price???

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Okay thanks. Sounds good.

You didn't like the panasonic plasma i mentioned ? Its got much better contrast than the samsung 40 inch led and believe me, i have seen them both side by side. Being a plasma panel , its got 600hz true motion and therefore no question about blurring of fast paced images.

You have to see the panel yourself to believe it. I guess its the only panel that can compete and beat the class leading sony ex series monolithic design panels.

Check the review of the 50 incher HERE. My brother has it. The 42 incher is exactly the same with a smaller panel.

Last edited:

khmadhu

change is constant!!

can u tell me the model..? and also price..

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I prefer Samsung and LG over Sony. It's better to go to a showroom, take your own HD movie and try them out. Sony mainly sells due to their brand reputation and they've overpriced TVs compared to the competition. (opinion)

I had gone to buy a Sony LCD TV last year, came back home with an LG. Picture quality wise, it was much better than any Sony TV out there. Same with Liverpool_fan. No idea about the current scenario though.

Then I think there isn't any point of getting one at the moment. :p May be afterwards when you'll really need it. ;)

I have to agree with ICO. Sony is all about brand value. The panels are inferior to SAMSUNG panels and the same has been confirmed by CROMA store manager at PUNE.

Regarding the LCD vs LED discussion, its is too early to adopt LED technology. LED TVs are plagued with SOAP OPERA effect. Please google for more info.

@ Asigh if you are planning to buy a 40" TV,make sure you go for a HD DTH like TATA SKY HD, else you wont like the experience.

Let me know if you have more questions

TSPatange_1309

Tech Freak Digitian.
I Would like to suggest you Samsung:cool:
Sony is ridiculously over priced, especially after the Samsung free blu ray player promotion is taken into account.:-x:-x
Thank You!

I Would like to suggest you Samsung:cool:
Sony is ridiculously over priced, especially after the Samsung free blu ray player promotion is taken into account.:-x:-x
Thank You!

I am using three, Sony, Samsung and Philips. From my experience, its ONLY and ONLY samsung that is giving me problems. The first day experience was found some dead pixels, the agent came and asked to open to repair. I said WTF, its first day and I need a replacement, he told me you have to sign papers, do this/that and after 15 days you will get it.

I called the shop from where I purchased, and he changed another LCD. After 8 months, it again started giving me problems with the sound. Samsung LCD/LED are the cheapest Chinese stuff.

If you can afford for Sony, never buy Chinese products like LG and Samsung.

PS: Sony is overpriced coz they do care for quality not quantity.

Top Bottom