Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
this is wat i found

f305
Heap size: Dynamic depending on available memory
Internal memory for storage: 10MB
External memory: Up to 2GB Memory Stick Micro (M2)
Max JAR size: Unlimited (but depending on available storage)

source : *developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/products/phonegallery/f305/p_f305.jsp

So what I can conclude is f305 has no restriction of file size. Isnt it?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@K4CE

what about the infernal12's comment

"This phone cannot be modded (at least at the moment), it is not actually A2 platform, but a cut down version, something like A200 or Sagem platform. Not supported by any software until now (Im talking about free stuff). But the worst thing is that inspite of being a gaming phone, it does not allow you to install games over 512kb :sad:
Other than that, it's AWESOME.
"

k4ce

Youngling
the first part is true .. the platform is the joint effort of SE and sagem ... so neither is it db2020 like k550 , k530 , w580 nor is it db3150 like g502 , c702 etc ... threre are only very few fones on this platform ... f305 , w302 , f302 ... so its highly unlikely that there will be free stuff available for the fone ... unless more fones release on this platform ...

i find the 512kb restriction really strange ... only one way to find out ... get somebody wid a f305 to try out something bigger than 512kb ... but i feel its highly unlikely that there is such a restriction

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm I too dont belive in this 512kb restriction thing....lets see if any of our friend can confirm it here.:confused:

OP
S

saubrl

Broken In
I tried for some reason the thing is true. I could not install games above 512kb. I brought it as a gaming phone but using it as music phone. The net connectivity is terreble. U get better net experience in any cheap nokia phone. I think i should have for ngage platform than this phone

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
oh ... tat sux .. thanks for the info ... well infernal12 was right after all ... f305 has really disapppointed

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yup really...its soo disappointing:(...I wish SE releases PlayStation mobile soon:p
But there must be something like some firmware update...a limit of 512kb file is a very idiotic act

k4ce

Youngling
Oh yeah , sony refused to license the PSP branding to sony ericsson ... they say that the hardware on these present fones will not do justice to the PS brand ... so dont expect that anytime soon ... plus sony has already released this year's lineup ... so u'll have to wait for one more year atleast

sujoyp

Grand Master
man I am no gaming fan...but if nokia can hype there ngage soo much y cant sony too do some justice to themself
If a PDA mobile can carry 800mhz-1 ghz cpu and 512 mb ram and graphic chip....y cant they integrate psp in it too:D with Bravia screen;)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Who said SE has released this years lineup?? They specifically told that they would be launching a high end gaming phone in june this year.

k4ce

Youngling
Who said SE has released this years lineup?? They specifically told that they would be launching a high end gaming phone in june this year.

all the highend fones slated for release this year have been showcased by SE in the MWC 2009 ... here is the link ... *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_mwc_09-review-315.php

i dunno where u got the info bout the high end gaming fone ... wat platform will it be on ???... a200 ??... its jus not possible for SE as of now ...

k4ce

Youngling
ok ... don wanna get into any argument ... by the way , i wish u were right :) ... i would love to see a gaming fone from se

Infernal12

Sony Ericsson Lover
Yup really...its soo disappointing:(...I wish SE releases PlayStation mobile soon:p
But there must be something like some firmware update...a limit of 512kb file is a very idiotic act

This phone can't even be updated, not supported by SEUS:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom